It is currently Thu Dec 08, 2016 5:16 am

Free Newsletter

Getting my life back!!

Introduce yourself to our weight loss community.

Moderator: Moderators

Getting my life back!!

Postby lisa » Wed Sep 12, 2007 9:41 pm

Hey there everyone...I am 31 and currently weigh in at 97kgs. I am 186cm tall and hoping to lose 25kgs. It seems in the past five years I have tried everything and failed. Prior to that I was an energetic and happy person.
In the past five years I have lost a dad to cancer, my only brother to murder and a first husband to my so called best friend. So I guess you could say I am a stress eater.
I am at my wits end and to embarrassed to talk to my "skinny" friends or anyone about my shame in failing so often. I really want my life back. So I am starting my healthy eating plan tomorrow and am looking for some support from this place....thanks for listening :D
Lisa...

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wbXRBz9/]
[/url]
lisa

Postby kate_turner2000 » Wed Sep 12, 2007 9:46 pm

hey lisa
welcome to the group. sorry to hear you have had a shocker in the last year! you poor woman. i can relate in that i have lost my dad to cancer as well. sing out if you need anything, join in when and where you feel comfortable, theres lots of tips on weightloss here on the forum or on the main page http://www.weightloss.com.au you can do this for you Lisa and imagine how fulfilling your life will be once you reach your goal :) best wishes
kate_turner2000

Postby Twilight28 » Wed Sep 12, 2007 9:49 pm

Hey There Lisa. I'm sorry to hear about your father, brother and first boyfriend :(. It's great that you want to start losing weight and to become healthy. I'm pretty much new here too and I'm going to be starting my exercise/diet/healthy lifestyle again tomorrow so...
As long as I've been here(Which I might add is only actually around 30 minutes) everyone here is so supportive and they sound like really good people.

Well I hope everything goes good and I would really like to hear about your weight loss achievements :). If you need anything call back.

Michael
Twilight28

Postby Twilight28 » Wed Sep 12, 2007 9:50 pm

Sorry. I don't know how to edit. But I'm sorry to hear about your first husband, not boyfriend. Sorry.
Twilight28

Postby Butterfly_Dawn » Thu Sep 13, 2007 9:14 am

Hi Lisa, welcome to the forum
Sounds like you've had a stressful and difficlut period, but I can see that you are determined to change somthing for the better, so good on you!
35kg lost. (November 2005 - October 2006)
15kg gained again (as at October 2010).
Back to the drawing board - Let's do this thing!

"You can't change the winds, but you can change the sails"

"Reach out and take control of what lands in your lap"

Butterfly_Dawn

Postby KimE » Thu Sep 13, 2007 9:20 am

Hello Lisa and welcome to the forum.

All teh best on your weightloss journey. :D
Kim - To thine own self be true
Maintainence since 04/11/06
Preferred Weight - Under 60 kgs
Current Weight - 64.8 kgs
Start Weight - 85 kgs
KimE

Postby Rustie » Thu Sep 13, 2007 11:06 am

I had one of those years aswell but probably not as bad as yours.
Have you maybe thought about seeing a councellor or going on a low dose of anti depressants? Im not saying it to be rude but my last 12 months have been bad enough for me to ask for some help and im feeling alot better. And once you start feeling better everything seems to fall into place again.
Good Luck with everything.
Rustie

Postby oostevens » Thu Sep 13, 2007 11:11 am

you'll do great :) i mean u have already made the first step :) in deciding to change things :) and this forum is definately a positive influence :) one that i hope u will enjoy :)
[*RACHEL*]

YOU CAN DOOO IT!!!!!

[First goal: to reach 80kgs]
[Second goal: to reach 75kgs]

oostevens

Postby grugwashere » Thu Sep 13, 2007 11:47 am

welcome to the forum Lisa! Im sorry to hear about the horrible time you have been having.
congratulations on taking the hardest step in weightloss... deciding to change things!
SW:91kg
CW:75kg
GW: Somwhere in the 60's for now

Next mini goal:73kg
grugwashere

Postby ISparkyI » Thu Sep 13, 2007 11:49 am

Welcome Lisa . .

Sorry to hear about the unbelievable bad luck you have had but I have to say reading that story and the terrible things that occurred you still sound very very positive.

Seems to me that you are obviously very head strong and I think with that kind of attitude you will go far in your weight loss journey.

As for support the people here are just what your after . . wish you the best . .

Shaun
Nothing Ventured . . Nothing Gained . . .

ISparkyI

Postby lisa » Sat Sep 15, 2007 8:30 am

Thankyou so much for the support everyone.......2 days in and all is going to plan!!
Lisa...

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wbXRBz9/]
[/url]
lisa

Postby kate_turner2000 » Sat Sep 15, 2007 8:33 am

great work you should be very proud :)
kate_turner2000

Return to Introductions