It is currently Wed Oct 26, 2016 4:52 pm

Free Newsletter

Hello new here :)

Introduce yourself to our weight loss community.

Moderator: Moderators

Hello new here :)

Postby Rustie » Wed Sep 12, 2007 11:10 pm

Hey everyone,
Came across this site by accident but maybe it was ment to be. Im currently about 80kg but want to loose about 15 to 20kg. Im only short being 5ft 2' but i seem to have a big build and hold my weight pretty well. Im watching what i eat and keeping a food journal. Also training at the gym 3 or more times a week and if i cant get there i usually go for walks. I didnt realise it was so hard to loose the weight and i have kinda hit the brick wall and feel wat really is the point of all this. I have 2 kids at home so constantly running after them as well as my partner( who atm in not getting alot of help from) but now im constanly feeling run down and tired.
Im hoping when i go get my measurements at the gym done i have lost a little but(fingers crossed)!!

Will try find some pics soon to post up aswell.

Thanks heaps and all help would be greatly appreciated :)
Cheers Sam

Postby kate_turner2000 » Thu Sep 13, 2007 8:26 am

hey sam welcome to the group :) have a browse around the forum for some tips to help you with your weightloss. you said you have hit a brick wall, are you still losing weight or are you plateauing? maybe you need to mix things up a bit to get the weight shifting? sorry to hear hubby isnt supporting you as much as you would like. my fiance is very supportive but my family arent so much so thats why i joined this forum. everyones really supportive here and non judgemental :) sing out if you need anything

Postby Butterfly_Dawn » Thu Sep 13, 2007 9:12 am

Hi Sam and welcome to the forum! Kate has given some good advice, so apart from that I'd just say that even if you have hit that metaphoric wall, anything you are doing will be helping with your health if not your weight, so keep it up!
35kg lost. (November 2005 - October 2006)
15kg gained again (as at October 2010).
Back to the drawing board - Let's do this thing!

"You can't change the winds, but you can change the sails"

"Reach out and take control of what lands in your lap"

Postby KimE » Thu Sep 13, 2007 9:46 am

Hello Sam and welcome to the forum.

All the best on your journey. I am 5 foot 2 and started out as 85 kgs so it can be done. You will love feeling smaller that is for sure.

Kim - To thine own self be true
Maintainence since 04/11/06
Preferred Weight - Under 60 kgs
Current Weight - 64.8 kgs
Start Weight - 85 kgs

Postby oostevens » Thu Sep 13, 2007 10:41 am

WELCOME :) i hope u enjoy it here as much as me

[First goal: to reach 80kgs]
[Second goal: to reach 75kgs]

Postby Rustie » Thu Sep 13, 2007 10:59 am

Thanks to everyone for the boost. I spoke to my mum last night and she said the same things. Just get in there and do it cause something has to be happening. So it all starts here..

Return to Introductions