It is currently Wed Oct 26, 2016 10:22 pm

Free Newsletter

Hello World :)

Introduce yourself to our weight loss community.

Moderator: Moderators

Hello World :)

Postby superstephanie » Sun Sep 16, 2007 2:33 am

Hey, my name is Stephanie and i'm 16 years old. I have been battling with my weight for years now, and just last month i've decided i needed to start a life long change.

I started this whole losing weight idea about a month ago. I'm 5'7 and i weighed about 190 lbs. I wasn't obese, but i was certainly overweight.

Since then i've been watching what i ate and completely changed my lifestyle. It all started off when i found my dance dance revolution game pad downstairs in the basement, if you aren't familiar with that game, it's with the playstation 2 console, and basically you jump around and hit arrows with your feet (might i add it's a beautiful game to lose weight) they even got a workout mode for those who want to see how many calories they lose per song.

I go biking, i play in a school's soccer team, i have gym class 3 times a week in my school, so all in all i stay active.

The only reason i never really lost weight was because my "eating habits" weren't the best of the best. I would eat cookies, brownies, ANYTHING i would see in my house i'd eat t'ill it was gone.

For a month now i've been eating so much healthier, just making simple choices like water instead of soda, or wheat bread instead of white, even skim milk instead of whole makes a huge difference.

Eating smaller portions of what you like the most is super, just don't make that a habit, choose healthier foods, stock up on those and you'll be fine.

Well i can't say i'm a diet expert, but what i can say is what i've been doing is clearly working. I was 190 last month, and today september 15th, i am currently 174lbs.

That's like 16lbs in a month and a bit.

p.s. starving yourself is for losers

i tried that when i was like 14 years old because i didn't know any better, the scale was decreasing but the moment i went back to my old habits i gained the weight back and even more!

they call it a life long change for a reason, and i'm already loving my results so i'm not giving up anytime soon.

well hope this introduction isn't too long and boring, i hope to hear from you guys, a little encouragment is very much appreciated!

have a great day guys!

Postby Misstoodles » Sun Sep 16, 2007 3:08 am

Welcome :) I'm another youngin here, 17. Congratulations on your weight loss :D

Everything you said is sensible advice that I'm sure will help many people here. Although I have to add, people who starve themselves arn't losers. Most are ignorant, but some have self perception issues and other mental and emotional disorders that make them go to extremes and do silly things. Neither are to be looked down upon and called losers, they either need educating, or just have a different sort of problem to ours.

Education (like you've just supplied us with) A positive attitude, encouragement and support need to be provided for everyone with a problem, not just those of us trying to lose weight :)

Again welcome to :D It's nice to have a Canadian with us!

Postby kate_turner2000 » Sun Sep 16, 2007 9:14 am

hey steph welcome to the forum. i really enjoyed reading your introduction because it shows the great changes you have made thus far. i have a great friend who lives in ontario canada. wish i could go for a holiday over there! hehe.

anyway stick around the forum theres heaps of support here :)

Postby Misstoodles » Sun Sep 16, 2007 9:55 am

I went on a holiday to Ontario, Kate! It was to see someone too! You should do it some time, definately. I had a blast and I'm sure you would too :)

Postby KimE » Sun Sep 16, 2007 11:50 am

Hi Stephanie and welcome to the forum.

Well done on your weightloss to date and I like you comment "p.s. starving yourself is for losers " this is so true and not healthy at all. Well done for doing things the right way for your body.

You have a great attitude and I wish you all the best on your weightloss journey. :D
Kim - To thine own self be true
Maintainence since 04/11/06
Preferred Weight - Under 60 kgs
Current Weight - 64.8 kgs
Start Weight - 85 kgs

Postby Butterfly_Dawn » Tue Sep 18, 2007 10:16 am

Hi Stephanie and welcome to the fourm! Well done on the weight you have lost so far, that is great work! Sounds to me like you've got some good habits forming, so that's great, keep that up and i bet you will be at goal before you know what to do with your oversized clothes!
35kg lost. (November 2005 - October 2006)
15kg gained again (as at October 2010).
Back to the drawing board - Let's do this thing!

"You can't change the winds, but you can change the sails"

"Reach out and take control of what lands in your lap"

Postby help6363 » Tue Sep 18, 2007 7:50 pm

Hello and welcome! :D

Return to Introductions