It is currently Mon Dec 05, 2016 11:24 am

Free Newsletter

Starting Over

Introduce yourself to our weight loss community.

Moderator: Moderators

Starting Over

Postby sharmie » Mon Sep 17, 2007 8:28 pm

I tried the whole losing weight thing a few times before, I have even been a member of this forum before, but so far i just can't seem to stick to anything for more than a few weeks. I'm sick of going into a store and having to check to see if they go past a size 16 before i can even think about trying on their clothes. :roll:

Its time to make a permanent change in my life (again something which i have said before) I have a wonderful fiance who cares about me and loves me very much, it doesn't matter how big i think (know) i am he still tells me everyday how beautiful and sexy he thinks i am. We are currently planning to get married mid 2009.

My doctor is pretty sure i have PCOS, which may not be helping things, and i also have hypoglycemia and possibly insulin resistance. I'm addicted to coke (as in the brwon liquid variety) and have previuosly tried to give it up, but went straight back to it after being put on permanent night shifts for three months. I can't walk past a bakery with out going in and buying something and because i work at Maccas i eat it a lot more often than i should (who can go past half price or even free maccas?:mrgreen: )

I'm 19 years old 167cm tall and i weigh 95kg. I've joined a gym but i still need some serious help, i want to look sexy on my wedding day, not like a giant ball of lace and silk. I'm looking for someone about my age to buddy up with and email most days. PLEASE can someone hep me :!:
Sharmie :wink:

sharmie

Postby kate_turner2000 » Mon Sep 17, 2007 8:34 pm

hey sharmie great to see you again you have come back to the right place. a wedding sounds like great motivation for you to get into tip top shape :) all i can suggest is to take one day at a time. of course we will help you, if you have any questions we are more than happy to answer them for you :) please ask away :)
kate_turner2000

Postby KimE » Mon Sep 17, 2007 8:37 pm

Hello Sharmie and welcome to the group.

All the best on your journey. :D
Kim - To thine own self be true
Maintainence since 04/11/06
Preferred Weight - Under 60 kgs
Current Weight - 64.8 kgs
Start Weight - 85 kgs
KimE

Re: Starting Over

Postby help6363 » Mon Sep 17, 2007 8:48 pm

sharmie wrote: I tried the whole losing weight thing a few times before, I have even been a member of this forum before, but so far i just can't seem to stick to anything for more than a few weeks. I'm sick of going into a store and having to check to see if they go past a size 16 before i can even think about trying on their clothes. :roll:

Its time to make a permanent change in my life (again something which i have said before) I have a wonderful fiance who cares about me and loves me very much, it doesn't matter how big i think (know) i am he still tells me everyday how beautiful and sexy he thinks i am. We are currently planning to get married mid 2009.

My doctor is pretty sure i have PCOS, which may not be helping things, and i also have hypoglycemia and possibly insulin resistance. I'm addicted to coke (as in the brwon liquid variety) and have previuosly tried to give it up, but went straight back to it after being put on permanent night shifts for three months. I can't walk past a bakery with out going in and buying something and because i work at Maccas i eat it a lot more often than i should (who can go past half price or even free maccas?:mrgreen: )

I'm 19 years old 167cm tall and i weigh 95kg. I've joined a gym but i still need some serious help, i want to look sexy on my wedding day, not like a giant ball of lace and silk. I'm looking for someone about my age to buddy up with and email most days. PLEASE can someone hep me :!:

Hello and welcome!
help6363

Postby oostevens » Mon Sep 17, 2007 8:53 pm

heya sharmie :)

i am 22 and also from Brisbane and i got married last year :) oh and i am 175cm tall and 86kgs atm and trying to reach my goal of 65 :)

if u want someone to email with i would be happy to :) i am also on msn every night :P on [email protected] :)

weddings are awesome and i know wat its like to be worried about weight too lol i was only just able to fit into my dress :s which right now, wouldnt fit me :( hehe

But yeah if u want :p i am happy to be an email buddy :)

where in bris are ya? i am on the northside oh and i am a chick :)

welcome and have fun :)

Rach
[*RACHEL*]

YOU CAN DOOO IT!!!!!

[First goal: to reach 80kgs]
[Second goal: to reach 75kgs]

oostevens

Postby chubba momma » Mon Sep 17, 2007 9:12 pm

Welcome and best of luck!!
NO MORE EXCUSES!!
chubba momma

Postby Butterfly_Dawn » Tue Sep 18, 2007 9:48 am

Hi Sharmie and wecome back! Sticking with a lifestyle change for the long haul is the most difficult part of weight loss. Everyone can stay hypermotivated for a couple of weeks, but it's keeping those good habits when it's wet out and there's a tempting smell from a bakery wafting past your nose that is the hard bit!!! It's about forming habits, so try to resist changing everything at once. Just start with small things, maybe reduce portion sizes, or swap to cordial rather than coke, and do at least 10min of exercise a day/week whatever. Then you can increase from there.

And the good thing is that even though it sounds like you see your previous attempts as failures, they aren't. thay were learning experiences that, if you sat down and thought about, I'm sure you could take something from that will help you this time.

All the best with it! And if you ever need to drop in to the forum, there's usually someone there. I'm 25 and in Tassie, so not sure if you would feel comfortable e-mailing me, but if so, PM me and I'll give you my e-mail (if I don't have the e-mail button...I think I do...can't remember :? )
35kg lost. (November 2005 - October 2006)
15kg gained again (as at October 2010).
Back to the drawing board - Let's do this thing!

"You can't change the winds, but you can change the sails"

"Reach out and take control of what lands in your lap"

Butterfly_Dawn

Postby oostevens » Tue Sep 18, 2007 9:51 am

OOH if u want to email with me, just pm me and i shall dish out the details :) (forgot to add that bit)

have a good one

Rach
[*RACHEL*]

YOU CAN DOOO IT!!!!!

[First goal: to reach 80kgs]
[Second goal: to reach 75kgs]

oostevens

Postby sharmie » Fri Sep 21, 2007 3:09 pm

Thanks everyone, i know that when i was on here last time i found that it was really helpful andeveryone was friendly!
heya sharmie

i am 22 and also from Brisbane and i got married last year oh and i am 175cm tall and 86kgs atm and trying to reach my goal of 65

if u want someone to email with i would be happy to i am also on msn every night on [email protected]

weddings are awesome and i know wat its like to be worried about weight too lol i was only just able to fit into my dress :s which right now, wouldnt fit me hehe

But yeah if u want :p i am happy to be an email buddy

where in bris are ya? i am on the northside oh and i am a chick

welcome and have fun

oostevens, I'm out west, near ipswich.

thanks for the support everyone, i hope that i canb dp it this time!
Sharmie :wink:

sharmie

Postby lng86 » Sat Sep 22, 2007 11:59 am

Hi,

And welcome to the forum! I was 121.2kg but am currently 99.7kg. This forum is brilliant... My advice to you is to set up a progress page of your own. Write down your dreams, desires, methods, fears, strengths - everything... And several people will respond on a daily basis to your postings. We will try to help in the best way possible.

Best wishes,
Lauren.
To succeed you need to find something to hold on to, something to motivate you, something to inspire you - Myself (Lauren)
lng86

Return to Introductions