It is currently Fri Dec 09, 2016 3:00 am

Free Newsletter

Another newbie!

Introduce yourself to our weight loss community.

Moderator: Moderators

Another newbie!

Postby wanabe_thin » Tue Sep 18, 2007 12:50 pm

Hello all, I have recently turned 40 and today is my 14th wedding aniversay. Yet again I took out my wedding dress and remembered the promise I made to myself all those years ago that I would fit back into it by my 10th aniversary. Hmmm!!

I have three children the youngest is 6, so I can no longer use the "pregnancy weight" excuse!

I have tried a number of weight loss programmes but familly life kept meaning I missed the meetings a lot and end up dropping out.

To top that all off I now have type 2 diabetes and I am already having problems with complications. My wonderful but blunt GP told me recently if I don't loose weight and get my sugars down I could loose the circulation in my feet.

My main problem is motivation - anyone know if I can buy it in a jar?

I curently weigh 84.5kgs and would love to be 67kg (wedding dress size) but under 70kg would be enough to get me off diabetes medication.

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wvZjjrh/]
[/url]
Ultimate Goal 65kg by 18/09/08
This months goal- to weight less than last month LOL!! :)
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wsrRMSI/]
[/url]
wanabe_thin

Postby kate_turner2000 » Tue Sep 18, 2007 1:10 pm

hey there welcome to the group- congrats on your anniversary. it sounds like you have a great motivator (the dress) to get back into and im sure you will come along way :) best wishes and join in the forum when and where you feel comfortable
kate_turner2000

Postby HappyBella55 » Tue Sep 18, 2007 1:18 pm

Hi and welcome to the forum.

You'll get heaps of inspiration from all the wonderful members on here.

Motivation you'll also get out of seeing everyone else’s great efforts :D

As to your diabetes I'm sure your doctor has told you this but if not - follow a low GI diet to stabilise your blood sugar level. It is recommended that type 2 diabetes follow this diet and will help you lose weight. I hope this helps. :D
Start weight - 77kgs
Goal weight - 53kgs
Current Weight - 50.1kgs

No more weighing, no more scales. My measurement is my success at health. It's an investment I make every single day. My priority: be healthy!
HappyBella55

Postby Butterfly_Dawn » Tue Sep 18, 2007 1:25 pm

kate_turner2000 wrote:hey there welcome to the group- congrats on your anniversary. it sounds like you have a great motivator (the dress) to get back into and im sure you will come along way :) best wishes and join in the forum when and where you feel comfortable

Not to mention the health benefits!!! given that you have diabetes, you doc is right, cutting down on sugars (including simple starchy carbohydrates) is essential, not only to lose weight, but also to stablise that blood sugar.

It's not so much about motivation as it is about making long term choices and turning them into habits! Good luck with it!
35kg lost. (November 2005 - October 2006)
15kg gained again (as at October 2010).
Back to the drawing board - Let's do this thing!

"You can't change the winds, but you can change the sails"

"Reach out and take control of what lands in your lap"

Butterfly_Dawn

Postby wanabe_thin » Tue Sep 18, 2007 2:34 pm

I do try to follow a low GI diet and I am getting better at it all the time! But I'm still making mistakes!

Rice cakes got me, I thought they were good food low sugar low fat - oh no - high GI! Ha Ha!

Slowly converting the whole family which makes preparing meals easier. Now if I could just get them to eat salad.........

Have managed to get a little motivated today, bought some shrubs to replace ones that died and I actually USED A SHOVEL to plant them. My husband will die of shock! not only that I was outside but did some manual labour! Ha Ha.
Ultimate Goal 65kg by 18/09/08
This months goal- to weight less than last month LOL!! :)
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wsrRMSI/]
[/url]
wanabe_thin

Postby Rustie » Tue Sep 18, 2007 3:38 pm

Good luck with your journey.
We are all here for the same reason and thats to be healthy. Feel free to ask any question!!

SW: 80kg
CW: 78.5kg
GW: 60kg
Rustie

Re: Another newbie!

Postby help6363 » Tue Sep 18, 2007 7:56 pm

wanabe_thin wrote:Hello all, I have recently turned 40 and today is my 14th wedding aniversay. Yet again I took out my wedding dress and remembered the promise I made to myself all those years ago that I would fit back into it by my 10th aniversary. Hmmm!!

I have three children the youngest is 6, so I can no longer use the "pregnancy weight" excuse!

I have tried a number of weight loss programmes but familly life kept meaning I missed the meetings a lot and end up dropping out.

To top that all off I now have type 2 diabetes and I am already having problems with complications. My wonderful but blunt GP told me recently if I don't loose weight and get my sugars down I could loose the circulation in my feet.

My main problem is motivation - anyone know if I can buy it in a jar?

I curently weigh 84.5kgs and would love to be 67kg (wedding dress size) but under 70kg would be enough to get me off diabetes medication.

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wvZjjrh/]
[/url]

Hello and welcome! :D

I will tell you what I do for motivation, it may or may not help you....

1. Small rewards for meeting weight loss goals. The rewards are never food.

2. I have a jar and everyday I stick to the diet and exercise I put money in the jar. I get to spend it at the end of the month. If I am lacking in money I put a small rock in the jar for each day I stick with dieting and exercise. When the jar is full, I get a new outfit.

3. Write down the reasons I want to lose weight and read the reasons all the time. It reminds me of the long term.

4. Have an exercise buddy. It's so much easier to keep motivated!

5. Keep a journal to write down all my thought and feelings.

Hope these help!

I look forward to reading your successful weight loss story.

Cheers

Michelle
help6363

Postby KimE » Tue Sep 18, 2007 9:00 pm

Hi and welcome to the forum.

All the best with your weightloss journey. :D
Kim - To thine own self be true
Maintainence since 04/11/06
Preferred Weight - Under 60 kgs
Current Weight - 64.8 kgs
Start Weight - 85 kgs
KimE

Postby Cass101 » Wed Sep 19, 2007 10:27 am

He he I just realised your in Albury, yay our probably the closest person to me! I live near Echuca so still around 2hrs away but yay semi close! Well I'll let you know if I come your way may be we can go for a power walk or something!

Good luck, sorry if I scared you! I just feel so Isolated after moving here!
Start 99kg
Current 86.6kg
1st Goal 85
2nd " 75
3rd " 65
END 58 - 60kg!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w6gNSIt/]
[/url]
Cass101

Return to Introductions