It is currently Sat Dec 10, 2016 12:27 am

Free Newsletter

A visor, one minute and a misspelt username....

Introduce yourself to our weight loss community.

Moderator: Moderators

A visor, one minute and a misspelt username....

Postby Fatty-Bom-Bah » Wed Sep 19, 2007 9:16 pm

hey,

guess what? another mandy!

sorry its taken awhile to get round to the introduction thing...work, life....been busy revamping it all...there were times i could have jumped online to get things up to speed here, but i kept chosing to workout instead - its a newly developed habit that still sounds weird being part of the vocab

after 17weeks of taking part in a self inflicted 10,000 step challenge (50,000 steps minimum a week - most of it was made up of strolling, coincidental steppage n being geeky enuff to put it into an excel spreadsheet), the fitness levels have gone up to the 'next phase'

nope, dont fully know what that is so i'm just making sure i get in a daily minimum of a 20-30min workout (stretches, crunches, 5km exercise biking n another set of stretching n crunching) plus 30mins - 1hr walking each day until i do!

still early days for a long journey ahead....22kgs @ least n a change of lifestyle...oh yeh n the salads part (doc's orders) yuck! think its gonna be a long one, 'ey?!

for those who want another person to travel with on ur own journey, i'll try keep things posted to the progress section

hope this finds u well, thanks for reading, take care :o)
Fatty-Bom-Bah

Postby Butterfly_Dawn » Wed Sep 19, 2007 9:20 pm

Salads are excellent!! I could live on salads alone, they're fab. But maybe that's just me.

OH, and welcome to the forum!!! Great idea stepping up to the next level, sounds like you are taking things one step at a time which is a good idea if you are new to all this!
35kg lost. (November 2005 - October 2006)
15kg gained again (as at October 2010).
Back to the drawing board - Let's do this thing!

"You can't change the winds, but you can change the sails"

"Reach out and take control of what lands in your lap"

Butterfly_Dawn

Postby Fatty-Bom-Bah » Wed Sep 19, 2007 9:21 pm

how do i get rid of the poll? just wanted to see what it would do, sorry :oops:
Fatty-Bom-Bah

Postby Fatty-Bom-Bah » Wed Sep 19, 2007 9:23 pm

heya butterfly_dawn,

love the nickname :D

am hoping to feel the same way about salad's one of these days, as u say, one step at a time ;o)

thanks for the welcome!
Fatty-Bom-Bah

Postby Butterfly_Dawn » Wed Sep 19, 2007 9:50 pm

poll deleted!!!!

The trick with salads is to be creative!!! Many people think a salad has to just be lettuce, tomato and cucumber or something, but you can put anything in at all!!!

Butterfly_Dawn

Postby kate_turner2000 » Wed Sep 19, 2007 10:22 pm

hey!! i put egg in my salads :) and cheese and lots of tomatoes :) i dont like dressings so i have to be inventive
kate_turner2000

Postby KimE » Wed Sep 19, 2007 11:29 pm

Hi Mandy and welcome to the forum.

All the best on your weightloss journey. :D
Kim - To thine own self be true
Maintainence since 04/11/06
Preferred Weight - Under 60 kgs
Current Weight - 64.8 kgs
Start Weight - 85 kgs
KimE

Postby lng86 » Thu Sep 20, 2007 12:32 am

Best of luck on your journey!

Call out if you need anything.

-Lauren.
To succeed you need to find something to hold on to, something to motivate you, something to inspire you - Myself (Lauren)
lng86

Postby ISparkyI » Thu Sep 20, 2007 1:00 am

Good luck with your Journey Bom Bah.

More than likely by the end of it you will need to change your Username to Fit and Healthy Bom Bah.

Shaun
Nothing Ventured . . Nothing Gained . . .

ISparkyI

Postby wanabe_thin » Thu Sep 20, 2007 9:36 am

It took me a while to get the hang of salads but one of my favourite is an chrunchy asian noodle salad.

I buy it as a treat ready made but it has the following ingredients:

asian greens; onion; small amount of bacon bits; crunchy noodles and a sweet soy and fish sauce dressing.

Not to have every day because it has bacon and sugar but I love it!

What is your favourite salad?

Kim
Ultimate Goal 65kg by 18/09/08
This months goal- to weight less than last month LOL!! :)
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wsrRMSI/]
[/url]
wanabe_thin

Postby Butterfly_Dawn » Thu Sep 20, 2007 9:45 am

I love that one too, but only for special occasion.

My fave salad is just lettuce, tomato, capsicum, sundried tomatoes, and fetta with a nice vinegar to dress it (although I do like some of these newfandangled low fat dressings they have these days)

you can also put in eggs and other vegies (cucumber, corn, carrot...etc)

I also make a mean rice salad and bean salad too (see the recipe section!!!)

Butterfly_Dawn

Re: A visor, one minute and a misspelt username....

Postby help6363 » Thu Sep 20, 2007 7:38 pm

Fatty-Bom-Bah wrote:hey,

guess what? another mandy!

sorry its taken awhile to get round to the introduction thing...work, life....been busy revamping it all...there were times i could have jumped online to get things up to speed here, but i kept chosing to workout instead - its a newly developed habit that still sounds weird being part of the vocab

after 17weeks of taking part in a self inflicted 10,000 step challenge (50,000 steps minimum a week - most of it was made up of strolling, coincidental steppage n being geeky enuff to put it into an excel spreadsheet), the fitness levels have gone up to the 'next phase'

nope, dont fully know what that is so i'm just making sure i get in a daily minimum of a 20-30min workout (stretches, crunches, 5km exercise biking n another set of stretching n crunching) plus 30mins - 1hr walking each day until i do!

still early days for a long journey ahead....22kgs @ least n a change of lifestyle...oh yeh n the salads part (doc's orders) yuck! think its gonna be a long one, 'ey?!

for those who want another person to travel with on ur own journey, i'll try keep things posted to the progress section

hope this finds u well, thanks for reading, take care :o)

Hello and welcome! :D
help6363

Postby Fatty-Bom-Bah » Mon Oct 01, 2007 2:05 pm

"Many people think a salad has to just be lettuce, tomato and cucumber or something, but you can put anything in at all!!!" (butterfly_dawn)
mmmm....already have visions of a chocolate based salad ;o) not quite sure how that one could be pulled off tho, a girl can dream!

n yep, im one of those many that think salad is lettuce, tomato, cucumber....have been looking up salad recipes recently, n came across "Spinach Salad with Strawberries (Lime Juice n pecans)" amongst others....never thought to combine vegies n fruit in the one salad, looks like there are some interesting tastes out there to try

heya kate_turner....ur salads sound like they would be nice....eggs, cheese...now we're talking! its probly a good thing u don't like dressings, means they won't mess with the payoff of the salad efforts! (reason that salad n effort r in the one sentence is becoz they're still a challenge this side of the screen)

hi kimE, thanks for the welcome, congratulations on ur own journey, 85kg to 57.8kg...u must be stoked! good luck in ur continuing mantience phase of the journey, sounds like u got it pretty much covered, well done :o)

hi lauren, thanks for the welcome n offer of support, u have done so well in ur travels already - any tips from the top of ur head for a beginner?

hey shaun, thanks for the welcome, the nickname is a childhood one, im happy to keep it but not the image that goes with it! 28kg lost, well done!! my bf is looking to begin his weight loss journey too, any pointers man to man?

hi kim (ing), glad to hear from someone else that had trouble with salads to begin with! i'm trying to re-educate mind n attitude into looking @ salads as a treat (eg: subway to become the new takeaway...pre made supermarket salads to become a treat, that kind of thing), the crunchy noodle salad sounds yum!! will have to try that one out, thanks for that :o) - my faves at the moment are potato salad n chicken ceasar salad - both being the types of salads that will have to become treats too, d'oh! i'll have to keep working @ finding some salads that can be an everyday/most day kind of meal

hello again butterfly_dawn....thanks for the salad tips they also sound nice, will have to check out the recipe section too...ur fave salad (including the sun dried tomato, feta, vinegar dressing) sounds like an antipasto array....reckon i could deal with that one easily!

help6363...hello :D....thank u for the welcome!

everyone - thank u so much for the tips, encouragement n support n for taking the time to share it, means so much to hear from people who are living the journey!

hope this finds u all well, happy travels :)
Fatty-Bom-Bah

Re: A visor, one minute and a misspelt username....

Postby Fatty-Bom-Bah » Tue Jun 23, 2009 10:48 pm

guess who's back! man they were long winded posts! here is the shorter version to bring it to the here n now...

read an article in the good health n medicine magazine about fluid retention which has always been a constant health hiccup n decided to follow up on it...that article was both an intro n summary to linda lazaride's "Waterfall Diet" which when followed out completely lasted 3mths. its used not just as a weight loss tool but also to determine what could be causing fluid rention/weight gain, the biggest focus being on whether its a food allery/intolerance...turns out for me, its wheat.

went on that diet (first time ever on a 'fad diet') from nov 08 until feb 09...yup over the bigguns christmas, new years - weight dropped to 68kg...deflated like a balloon without doing anything different exercise wise...so still same shape, just diff size...its a bit bizarre n my fitness is none the better for it....but the health improved HEAPS over that time - another bonus being no hayfever...whodda thort!

wasnt easy n i wouldnt recommend it for weight loss alone..it would be hard to stick to if that was the only reason, if u want answers to 'mystery' ailments, especially excess fluid (odema) that tests have come up clear for...its worth checking out, if for nothing more than following it for 2weeks as a way to recharge/reset ur body

have rebelled recently by reintroducing maccas n wheat (beer, pizza, noodles!) n within a week am back up to 72kg - thats all the confirmation i need! so back to doin' the waterfall thang...maybe ;o)

so now that the 'goal weight' that the doctor wanted me to reach has been achieved (even if only thru deflating!) what next?....coming up with an exercise program n the motivation to stick to it! maybe even coming up with my own 'goal weight' plan now that ive experienced first hand that it can be done
Fatty-Bom-Bah

Return to Introductions