It is currently Wed Oct 26, 2016 6:11 am

Free Newsletter

Hi I'm New

Introduce yourself to our weight loss community.

Moderator: Moderators

Hi I'm New

Postby surfyherc » Tue Jan 17, 2006 8:11 am

Hi Everyone,

I'm new and having some difficulties with posting so sorry if this goes through more than once.

Anyway a bit about myself...

I'm 42, weigh 74kg with a goal weight of somewhere in the vacinity of 60-64kg. Exercixes with me is not a problem for example at the moment I 'm doing 'boot camp' three mornings a week, pole dancing class once a week, go to the gym at least twice a week and in my spare time go bike riding or spend time at the beach surfing and swimming but still can't move the weight. I guess the problem is diet - while I'm vego I do love cheese, hot chips, chocolate, fired eggs & mushrooms and of course wine to name but a few of my bad habit foods.

I'm hopeful that I'll get some support with a healthier diet and who knows I may be able to give a bit of support or encouragement in terms of exercise

Postby Butterfly_Dawn » Tue Jan 17, 2006 8:19 am

Hi surfyherc,
Welcome to the forum, and your post came through just the once! Good on you for having such an active lifestyle! You could try using the food diary (it seems you have the exercise taken care of) to try and pinpoint where the difficulty may be. Given all the exercise you do, could the additional weight be muscle mass rather than body fat?

I'm sure you will recieve plenty of support on this forum and I look forward to seeing you around!
35kg lost. (November 2005 - October 2006)
15kg gained again (as at October 2010).
Back to the drawing board - Let's do this thing!

"You can't change the winds, but you can change the sails"

"Reach out and take control of what lands in your lap"

Postby Dolly » Tue Jan 17, 2006 9:06 am

Hi Surfyherc, welcome to the forum.

Tegan is right, recording your food intake daily on the Food Diary thread has helped many of us.
link to our daily food diary -

Postby Fairie » Tue Jan 17, 2006 9:41 am

Hi Surfyherc, welcome to the forum. :D

Postby carlton » Tue Jan 17, 2006 9:57 am

Hi and welcome to the forum.

Postby hushpuppy » Tue Jan 17, 2006 10:23 am

welcome to the forums surfyherc.Jump right in and post away . Be sure to loin our challenges and diarys . Hope to see u around the boards
Cheers Jules

SW 107kg
CW 99.8kg
GW 65kg

Return to Introductions