It is currently Sat Dec 03, 2016 3:38 pm

Free Newsletter

Hello - Just Joined!

Introduce yourself to our weight loss community.

Moderator: Moderators

Hello - Just Joined!

Postby janice » Sat Sep 22, 2007 1:02 pm

I came across this website solely as a result of clicking on a link when updating my weight-loss ticker. - So after having a read of the forum I've decided to join and share my weight loss journey. :)

After hitting the 140kg mark on the scales and giving myself a fright with the numbers I saw, I decided to make some life changes to get myself back to a healthier weight.

Since starting on my journey, I have lost 15.4kgs to date and doing extremely well considering it has been 4 months since I made significant changes to exercise, diet, stress and work.

I joined a gym, cut out all the things that are high in fats and sugars, and am really feeling the benefit of my new way of life. In fact, I don't feel deprived of anything and do not crave for the things I have given up to better my health.

Also, my husband has also lost a few kgs with our new way of eating, and the best thing is my back pain is no where as bad as it was at my highest weight.

It is such a great feeling to get into clothes that have been sitting in the wardrobe and as we are heading overseas for Xmas/New Year I hope to be around the 100kgs mark by that time.

I have set myself realistic weight loss targets and though for my age and height my ideal weight should be 65kgs.....hmmmm well I have set 90kgs as my target weight. So once I get to that I will then review the final target then.

Anyway, that's a little about me and I look forward to joining in the weekly weigh-ins and encouraging others on their weight loss journery.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wOBTkdW/]
[/url]
janice

Postby Jisgone » Sat Sep 22, 2007 1:05 pm

welcome along :) it sounds like your going great!
Jisgone

Postby lng86 » Sat Sep 22, 2007 1:05 pm

Well done on your success so far. That is terrific! It's funny how a few changes can make such a difference to your health and wellbeing.

Good luck! And yell out if you need anything.

Best wishes,
Lauren.
To succeed you need to find something to hold on to, something to motivate you, something to inspire you - Myself (Lauren)
lng86

Postby janice » Sat Sep 22, 2007 1:12 pm

Thanks for the welcome Jewles & Lauren :)
[/url]
janice

Postby matchbox » Sat Sep 22, 2007 1:17 pm

hey janice, welcome :) congrats on your loss so far! you're doing really well, can't wait to see your progress :)
there's a few of us perthies here so if you need anything just yell out, everyone here is really sweet :)
Have FAITH in yourself
matchbox

Re: Hello - Just Joined!

Postby help6363 » Sat Sep 22, 2007 3:29 pm

janice wrote:I came across this website solely as a result of clicking on a link when updating my weight-loss ticker. - So after having a read of the forum I've decided to join and share my weight loss journey. :)

After hitting the 140kg mark on the scales and giving myself a fright with the numbers I saw, I decided to make some life changes to get myself back to a healthier weight.

Since starting on my journey, I have lost 15.4kgs to date and doing extremely well considering it has been 4 months since I made significant changes to exercise, diet, stress and work.

I joined a gym, cut out all the things that are high in fats and sugars, and am really feeling the benefit of my new way of life. In fact, I don't feel deprived of anything and do not crave for the things I have given up to better my health.

Also, my husband has also lost a few kgs with our new way of eating, and the best thing is my back pain is no where as bad as it was at my highest weight.

It is such a great feeling to get into clothes that have been sitting in the wardrobe and as we are heading overseas for Xmas/New Year I hope to be around the 100kgs mark by that time.

I have set myself realistic weight loss targets and though for my age and height my ideal weight should be 65kgs.....hmmmm well I have set 90kgs as my target weight. So once I get to that I will then review the final target then.

Anyway, that's a little about me and I look forward to joining in the weekly weigh-ins and encouraging others on their weight loss journery.

Well done on your weight loss to date.

Welcome!!!! :D

I look forward to reading your success story in the near future :D
help6363

Postby jetsgirl » Sat Sep 22, 2007 3:57 pm

hi Janice, I started my get healthy journey last week. I noticed that we have about the same amounts to lose. Maybe we can keep nudging each other to succeed.
Vicki
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w6iSISi/]
[/url]
first goal
jetsgirl

Postby electrongirl » Sat Sep 22, 2007 5:02 pm

Hi fellow Perthite!!

You'll find heaps of support and inspiration here!!
Nikki - Aussie girl living in the USA with her soul mate. My blog: http://aus2usa.blogspot.com/

Image Image
electrongirl

Postby janice » Sat Sep 22, 2007 6:58 pm

Thanks for the replies!

I am so overwhelmed as to the enouragement and support everyone gets here. :) Sure makes the journey easier when others understand the highs and lows of weight loss.

Vicki - yes can nudge each other in the right direction! :D
[/url]
janice

Postby kate_turner2000 » Sat Sep 22, 2007 6:59 pm

hi janice welcome to the group, congrats on your weightloss to date and best wishes :)
kate_turner2000

Postby zeedeveelgirl » Mon Sep 24, 2007 2:06 pm

Hiya there!

Welcome to the forums :) It seems everyone else has already made you feel welcome which is great :D It's a good bunch here, and I've found their support has been fantastic!

Well done on the weight loss so far, you've done great :D I wish you luck for the rest of the journey, it definitely seems you're doing awesome and have the motivation to make it :D

Em xoxo
zeedeveelgirl

Postby KimE » Mon Sep 24, 2007 8:23 pm

Hi Janice and welcome to the forum.

Well done on your weightloss to date and all the best for you continued journey. :D
Kim - To thine own self be true
Maintainence since 04/11/06
Preferred Weight - Under 60 kgs
Current Weight - 64.8 kgs
Start Weight - 85 kgs
KimE

Postby Butterfly_Dawn » Tue Sep 25, 2007 6:24 pm

Hi Janice and welcome to the forum! Congrats on your losses so far! This certainly is a very supportive and helpful forum, I hope it helps you!
35kg lost. (November 2005 - October 2006)
15kg gained again (as at October 2010).
Back to the drawing board - Let's do this thing!

"You can't change the winds, but you can change the sails"

"Reach out and take control of what lands in your lap"

Butterfly_Dawn

Postby Tummygirl » Tue Sep 25, 2007 8:41 pm

Hey Janice :D

I just joined today as well and started my journey around 2 weeks ago, so where in the same boat.

Isnt it a wake up call when you tip the scales i cried for days but now i look to the future of healthy habits!!!

Hope we can give strenght to eachother!! ONE STEP AT A TIME!!!

:D
Cassie xox

Starting Weight 140 kg
Loss To Date 5 kg
Current Weight 135 KG
Tummygirl

Postby chubba momma » Tue Sep 25, 2007 9:05 pm

Hi and welcome to the forum you are doing a fantastic job!
NO MORE EXCUSES!!
chubba momma

Return to Introductions