It is currently Tue Dec 06, 2016 1:52 pm

Free Newsletter

Hey, I'm new here

Introduce yourself to our weight loss community.

Moderator: Moderators

Hey, I'm new here

Postby sarah85 » Wed Sep 26, 2007 5:08 pm

Hi, my name is Sarah and I've always been self consious about my weight. I was originally about 76kg and am only 161cm tall, I lost about 15 of these kilos by not eating, which, I know, is a VERY bad thing to do. Anyway, I decided a few months ago to try the healthy eating option, but I never seem to be able to control the amount I eat and have now put on another 7kg. I must say I am quite unfit, and am attempting to go to the gym, but have hurt my shoulder so it is quite an effort getting myself there. I seem like I am running around in circles, don't know many helathy eating habits, and need to start enjoying going to the gym... as you might be able to tell, I'm quite stuck and don't really know where to start - all i know is the bad methods of losing weight so ANY help at all would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!!
Sarah
sarah85

Postby oostevens » Wed Sep 26, 2007 5:26 pm

does the 85 represent year of birth? If so, mine is th same yay.

I am 175cm and 85kg atm, so also trying to lose weight :p

This forum has helped me alot!

I dont eat chocolates/lollies/chips/bad softdrink OR takeaway since i joined here 1 month ago.

I have lost 4.5kgs so far :)

Hope that is encouraging :)

Welcome and if u need anything give us a bell :P

i am on msn most nights [email protected]
[*RACHEL*]

YOU CAN DOOO IT!!!!!

[First goal: to reach 80kgs]
[Second goal: to reach 75kgs]

oostevens

Postby kate_turner2000 » Wed Sep 26, 2007 8:16 pm

welcome sarah- another 22 year old yay!! im 22 too :)
kate_turner2000

Postby Tummygirl » Wed Sep 26, 2007 8:37 pm

Wow you girls are all so young i feel old :? I'm 25 guess thats not much older. :P
Cassie xox

Starting Weight 140 kg
Loss To Date 5 kg
Current Weight 135 KG
Tummygirl

Postby talia11 » Wed Sep 26, 2007 9:30 pm

Welcome Sarah - you have picked a good place to start - this forum is awesome and there are a lot of people here with alot of knowledge about weight loss....!
Carmen - Weight Watchers -Goal 72kg

talia11

Postby Butterfly_Dawn » Thu Sep 27, 2007 12:05 pm

Hey!!! 25 is not old!! :wink:

Welcome to the forum Sarah! You hit the nail on the head about not eating - please don't go there again, it is simply not worth it. Making healthy changes often requires you do it gradually because it's hard to change absolutely everything at once and keep it up! Perhaps try writing a food diary so you know exactly where to start and can monitor any changes you make!
35kg lost. (November 2005 - October 2006)
15kg gained again (as at October 2010).
Back to the drawing board - Let's do this thing!

"You can't change the winds, but you can change the sails"

"Reach out and take control of what lands in your lap"

Butterfly_Dawn

Postby sarah85 » Thu Sep 27, 2007 12:20 pm

definately seems like I have joined up to a good site here!!! I'll be hunting you all down for your tips, and hopefully in time sharing some of my own
sarah85

Postby KimE » Fri Sep 28, 2007 7:16 pm

Hi Sarah and welcome to the forum.

All the best on your weightloss journey. :D
Kim - To thine own self be true
Maintainence since 04/11/06
Preferred Weight - Under 60 kgs
Current Weight - 64.8 kgs
Start Weight - 85 kgs
KimE

Re: Hey, I'm new here

Postby help6363 » Sat Sep 29, 2007 7:29 pm

sarah85 wrote:Hi, my name is Sarah and I've always been self consious about my weight. I was originally about 76kg and am only 161cm tall, I lost about 15 of these kilos by not eating, which, I know, is a VERY bad thing to do. Anyway, I decided a few months ago to try the healthy eating option, but I never seem to be able to control the amount I eat and have now put on another 7kg. I must say I am quite unfit, and am attempting to go to the gym, but have hurt my shoulder so it is quite an effort getting myself there. I seem like I am running around in circles, don't know many helathy eating habits, and need to start enjoying going to the gym... as you might be able to tell, I'm quite stuck and don't really know where to start - all i know is the bad methods of losing weight so ANY help at all would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!!
Sarah

Hey Sarah

WELCOME!

Have you tried counting calories? You can find web pages that tell you how many calories to eat. Weight loss will be about 0.5 -1 kg a week. That's the method I use, you may or may not like it.

Lots of people here use different methods...find one that is healthy and works for you!

Don't forget to drink water ...lots of it!

Don't use bad methods to control your weight...... you are worth so much more! :D

The gym? I love RPM or Spinning classes. Just keep trying different classes.

Hope you are well and welcome! :D
help6363

Postby chubba momma » Sat Sep 29, 2007 8:09 pm

Hi Sarah and welcome to the. The people on here are amazing!Good luck with your weightloss journey
NO MORE EXCUSES!!
chubba momma

Return to Introductions