It is currently Sun Dec 04, 2016 2:41 am

Free Newsletter

New here and need motivation help & weight loss tips!

Introduce yourself to our weight loss community.

Moderator: Moderators

New here and need motivation help & weight loss tips!

Postby Manda79 » Mon Oct 01, 2007 10:33 pm

Hi everyone

As you may of worked out by the subject, Im a newbie who needs a little help.

I have had trouble my whole life trying to lose weight, I have been on ever drug and none have helped. I currently weight 150kgs :(
the largest i have ever been, I have lost weight in the past but just put it back on.

And it takes forever for me to do it and get motivated, My husband and i have been married for over a year now and we really really want children but i want to lose 40kgs before hand.

My current problem is that i seem to be stuck in a rut and cant get myself motivated...If anyone has any advice,Tips or websites that would get my butt into gear that would be wonderful.

Thank you
*Manda*
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wOAVQes/]
[/url]
Manda79

Postby help6363 » Mon Oct 01, 2007 10:48 pm

Hello and welcome!

Problems with motivation.........
1. Give yourself a reward for each kilo you lose
2. Start a journal here
3. Know thy self....We spend so much time asking other people how they feel and trying to work them out, let’s do the same for ourselves. What problems do you normally encounter? How will you overcome these problems?

One of my biggest problems is binge eating. To solve this problem, I keep a journal with the aim of trying to figure myself out. Here’s what I do: write down when I feel like binge eating and what I feel like eating. I can look over this at a later date. When I have analysed myself and my actions I came to the realisation that I like to eat greasy food when I am stressed, chocolate when I am grumpy and so forth. Now you just need to replace the habit with something else. Can you drink water when you are stressed instead of reaching for the greasy food? Make strategies that will work for YOU!

This may take some practice! Hence, just get back on the horse if you do slip up….. it’s really not the end of the world!

If you find that binge eating is a problem that you cannot solve with a journal, you could attend Overeaters Annoymous (it's FREE and in the phone book)

The approach I use to weight loss is calories, exercise and drinking water.

A brief explanation of calories.......

TO LOSE WEIGHT

Woman ..... less than 5 kgs
1,250 calories (35g of fat)

Males.... less than 5 kgs
1,500 calories (42g of fat)

Woman ...... need to lose 6-20kgs
1,500 calories (42g of fat)

Man ........ need to lose 6-20 kgs
1,750 calories (49g of fat)

More than 20 kg
Woman ...... 1,750 calories (49g of fat)
Male ....... 2,000 (56g of fat)

I hope this has not sounded too preachy! I just wanted to try to answer your question.

I KNOW YOU CAN DO THIS! I look forward to reading your success story in the near future :D
help6363

Postby Butterfly_Dawn » Tue Oct 02, 2007 9:46 am

That's some great advice! The trick to losing weight n the long term is to make changes to your lifestyle that you can stick with for ever. Try just changing small things to start with, then when that's easy to do as habit, change some more small things. The small things eventually add up to big weight loss.
35kg lost. (November 2005 - October 2006)
15kg gained again (as at October 2010).
Back to the drawing board - Let's do this thing!

"You can't change the winds, but you can change the sails"

"Reach out and take control of what lands in your lap"

Butterfly_Dawn

Postby electrongirl » Tue Oct 02, 2007 9:49 am

put yourself at the top of your list when it comes to your weightloss.

Make time for exercise, meal planning etc. Think of it as an essential partof life that you just have to do!!
Nikki - Aussie girl living in the USA with her soul mate. My blog: http://aus2usa.blogspot.com/

Image Image
electrongirl

Postby sassi » Tue Oct 02, 2007 10:36 am

hi & welcome manda :)

in addition to the above, maybe break the 40kg down into smaller weight loss goals that don't seem too daunting?

and as butterfly_dawn says, try making small changes (daily or weekly) that you can stick to & then slowly but surely you'll be creating good habits for yourself that you'll be able to stick to.

my biggest problem is eating too much - so i use calorieking.com.au to track my calorie intake each day. it helps me to stay on track.

i also reckon that exercise can be the most important thing - not least because it gives you those 'feel good' endorphins that really help keep you positive :)
sassi

Postby lng86 » Tue Oct 02, 2007 11:13 am

Hi,

Everyone seems to have covered the majority of tips!

My tip is to drink water! It helps to flush the toxins out of your body.

Best wishes on your weight loss journey.

-Lauren.
To succeed you need to find something to hold on to, something to motivate you, something to inspire you - Myself (Lauren)
lng86

Postby milkyway » Tue Oct 02, 2007 11:44 am

Hi Manda and welcome to the forum. Great advice already posted here. Mine is to think of this as a forever change, rather than a temporary diet. Small goals and small steps will get you there :)
Just keep moving! And don't be lazy...
------------------------
SW: 74.3kg - 1/1/09
CW: 71.1kg - 3/5/09
GW 62kg
milkyway

Postby Manda79 » Wed Oct 03, 2007 12:03 am

Thank you very much everyone for your motivation tips, Advice and support :D
*Manda*
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wOAVQes/]
[/url]
Manda79