It is currently Fri Dec 09, 2016 10:35 pm

Free Newsletter

It's easy to talk yourself into it, then talk yourself out..

Introduce yourself to our weight loss community.

Moderator: Moderators

It's easy to talk yourself into it, then talk yourself out..

Postby Sussy » Tue Oct 02, 2007 4:46 pm

Hi,
after just having had bubby number 2 (after 12 years mind you) I just wanted a lil motivation and support. Now I'm home all the time and the pantry is readily available at anytime i'm struggling to lose my baby weight and REALLY want to get back into shape coz my maternity clothes are too big but all my old clothes are too small and I feel embarassed and uncomfortable when i go out. :oops:
Sussy

Postby Foreverdieting » Tue Oct 02, 2007 5:20 pm

Hi Suzzy,

5 kgs isnt too far off at all! I am pretty much at the same stage myself and would love to be diet buddies with you .. wht say? :) , I am at my last 5kgs (was 72 kgs at one point and am stuck at 56 now ... the last 5kgs are a killer! Worse still ... I dropped to 53 and it crept back up so am absolutely freaked out now! Can't go back to the old super size me! ) and would love to do this with someone else.
Foreverdieting

Postby KimE » Tue Oct 02, 2007 8:19 pm

Hi Sussy and welcome to the forum.

All the best on your weightloss journey. :D
Kim - To thine own self be true
Maintainence since 04/11/06
Preferred Weight - Under 60 kgs
Current Weight - 64.8 kgs
Start Weight - 85 kgs
KimE

Postby Sussy » Tue Oct 02, 2007 8:34 pm

Thanks both for your replies, wow, you've both come so far-how did you do it, any tips and i'd be really grateful, it all seems so far away and out of reach right now. Feel like my struggle will be a lil harder coz hubby loves his doritos and his donuts, and my daughter loves her freddos and chip snacks, and i have to resist temptation...so please help keep me focused.
Congrats to you both on how far you've come and thanks for the welcome. :D
Sussy

Postby Foreverdieting » Wed Oct 03, 2007 9:00 am

Morning Sussy :) ,

Its actually not as hard as it seems, if you focus on small targets ... I kept visualizing each half-a-kilo I had to lose and this mini target per week was what kept me going ... And the science of it is pretty simple. If you expend more energy then you consume, you have to lose weight! Either you can decrease the calories you eat (by dieting) or you can increase the calories you spend (by exercising) to achieve this. I lost most of my weight by dieting, believe me, its way easier not to eat a donut than to burn the cals off one!! But the problem with just dieting is it is hard to make that a long time life choice .. once you slightly derail it plies right back on like I have discovered :(. So now doing the whole Gym thing ...... its pretty depressing though ... takes ages for any real result to show . .and most of the time, I am ravenous when I come back home after a hard workout!
Foreverdieting

Postby Butterfly_Dawn » Wed Oct 03, 2007 9:57 am

Hi Sussy and welcome to the forum!! Congrats on your bub!! Just concentrate on making those small changes that will gradually add up. 30min extra exercise here, 1 ess chocolate every day etc and keep making those changes every time your routine is easy. That way you will develop good lifelong habits rather than feel like you are depriving yourself of everything!
35kg lost. (November 2005 - October 2006)
15kg gained again (as at October 2010).
Back to the drawing board - Let's do this thing!

"You can't change the winds, but you can change the sails"

"Reach out and take control of what lands in your lap"

Butterfly_Dawn

Postby Sussy » Wed Oct 03, 2007 6:40 pm

Hey guys, well day one is almost over, i really do have to say though what a big difference it makes having the encouragement and support from you because i can't say how many times i've thought about chucking it in already...and its only day one. Seeing (or reading) about what you've all achieved helps get me back on track and makes me want to be like you all who've been dedicated enough to reach such amazing goals....I know it will be worth it, i just have to stick to it. Thanks again guys, what a great support network! :) (PS: i have the BIGGEST sweet tooth, so any ideas for healthy sweet snacks would be great, i've already tried the frozen pineapple pieces & the nestle diet yogurt..yumm However mints aren't really my thing and often with me if i have one i have them all-hmmm :? ) Seeya everyone, keep up the good work, will be checking in again tomorrow for more encouragement!
Sussy

Postby Foreverdieting » Wed Oct 03, 2007 9:44 pm

Oh Sussy,

I have terrible sweet cravings everyday too ... I stick to sugar free boiled candies or chuppa chupps .... some days I can't work at all cos all I can think of is the mars bars in the charity sweets box at work :lol: and then I do cave in .... I restrict it to a small snack size piece then ...
I always remind myself how short the high feeling from the sweet is going to last and how much better I will feel later if I can actually not give in and master my body .. mind over matter .. I keep reminding myself tht all day. Its all in ur outlook! Stay positive babe .... and trust me when u start seeing the results of all the hardwork, it is tht much easier to stay focussed. Keep that image of the sexy hot u always in your mind, and hot great that is going to feel when u get there!!
Foreverdieting

Re: It's easy to talk yourself into it, then talk yourself o

Postby help6363 » Thu Oct 04, 2007 2:03 am

Sussy wrote:Hi,
after just having had bubby number 2 (after 12 years mind you) I just wanted a lil motivation and support. Now I'm home all the time and the pantry is readily available at anytime i'm struggling to lose my baby weight and REALLY want to get back into shape coz my maternity clothes are too big but all my old clothes are too small and I feel embarassed and uncomfortable when i go out. :oops:

Hello and welcome!

I look forward to reading your success story in the near future! :D
help6363

Postby Sussy » Thu Oct 04, 2007 8:49 am

Hey FD,
thanks for your tip, will have to try it, will prob try to not have any though coz once i start i can't stop and then oops the whole packet's gone, and then like you say a huge amount of guilt & regret. Decided that i'm only going to weigh in every fortnight too, otherwise i'll be hopping on the scales every day and if i don't like what i see, i'll prob think "what's the point!" (as i've done before). So my first weigh in will be Oct 17th.... :shock: Until then I'm staying focused. :wink:
Sussy

Postby Foreverdieting » Thu Oct 04, 2007 2:24 pm

I am going to stop hopping ona nd off the scales too ... too bloody depressing .. am most of the daily fluctuations is probably just water anyway!
Here is a tip ... if you are stuck more at home and can't go to a Gym or park as you have your lil ones to take care of ... get yourself a pedometer (if u dont already have one). They cost between 15 to 30 bucks and are a great way to measure your progress and set mini targets. If you aim to even increase your step count by a 100 each day .. it will add up and get you moving heaps more for sure! I do this over weekends when I am at home ... they are the worst times of the week weight loss wise for me ... and I try to walk as much as I can, so I can hit a huge number on my pedometer (I did 16,536 last Sunday! Yay!!). This is an easy way to make sure you dont sit when you dont have to. For me, measuring progress of any kind is a huge motivation! You might just love the challenge of increasing the step count everyday!
Goli
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wR90Qrh/]
[/url]
Foreverdieting

Postby Sussy » Thu Oct 04, 2007 5:19 pm

Thanks FD. How long have you been losing weight and how long did it take you to lose 10kg? Did you have to cut out all fat and sugar, or just cut back on portion sizes? I bet everyone notices your weight loss and compliments you all the time. (I'm jealous) :mrgreen: I'm really hoping to stick with this, just wish the time would go quicker..haha, if only, then I would have already been doing this for months and would be the weight i want to be. :wink: I have to do this, coz i feel crappy otherwise, although I put on a good front, inside i just feel weak and even ashamed. Am going to see the Killers next month so that's my mini goal....also want to impress hubby with my new bod....he made a comment the other day and while he didn't mean for it to make me feel bad or be hurtful it was. The other thing is my girlfriend who is pregnant and due any day has only put on 10kg while i put on 20...made me feel like a real winner when she told me that. Anyway at the mo i'm still feeling really positive and your support is really helping...i keep thinking if you and all these other people on here can do this , SO CAN I!!!! :D
Sussy

Postby Foreverdieting » Fri Oct 05, 2007 7:19 pm

I will PM my entire story to u soon .. its long :) .. don't say I didnt warn u!

It took me a lil less than 2 years and I tried all forms of weight loss techniques!
Goli
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wR90Qrh/]
[/url]
Foreverdieting

Postby Sussy » Fri Oct 05, 2007 8:44 pm

Ok, will wait for reply. Also wanted to say that i loved your idea of putting a stone in a jar everyday, i've decided to put a dollar ion a jar everyday and then either at the end of the week will buy a bunch of flowers or save and buy a new CD or item of clothing or something. Anyway hope your going ok, i'm sure you are and have a great weekend.... 8)
Sussy

Postby milkyway » Sat Oct 06, 2007 11:09 am

Hi Sussy and welcome aboard. I wish you all the best for your weightloss journey. 12 years is a long time apart for having kids but must be wonderful to have the support of an older child :)

You seem to be a right at home already... catch ya 'round the boards :)
Just keep moving! And don't be lazy...
------------------------
SW: 74.3kg - 1/1/09
CW: 71.1kg - 3/5/09
GW 62kg
milkyway

Next

Return to Introductions