It is currently Sat Dec 03, 2016 5:03 am

Free Newsletter

And hello from me!

Introduce yourself to our weight loss community.

Moderator: Moderators

And hello from me!

Postby Welsh Dog » Tue Oct 02, 2007 6:10 pm

As is usual for new members, I'm dropping in a message to say hello... so "Hello!" :lol:

I've only just found this place... well to be honest the wife found it and told me you were here!

Like a lot of people I've been 'overweight' for the larger part of my life (no pun intended) but I figured with my 60th birthday coming up now is possibly my last chance to do anything about it.

The local gym is running a 'Biggest Loser' competition so three weeks ago I joined both the gym and the competition. So far, since 8th September, my weight has dropped from 157.9 kilos 10 140.0 kilos so I'm on track right now to get to the target.

The target?? Actually my main target is to stay alive until the end of the 13 week competition, but the secondary target is to get down to my 'usual' weight of 90 kilos.

I doubt I'll do this in the 13 weeks, but hey we can all dream!! :twisted:
Please visit The Gastric Bandits Forum
http://gastricbandits.com
Welsh Dog

Postby JODI C » Tue Oct 02, 2007 10:04 pm

wow that's a lot of weight well done I have dropped 5 kilo's in the last 3 weeks so im really happy with that as i only have 8 kilo's to go to be at my target weight well done keep up the great work.
I will succeed!! I really can do it!!
JODI C

Postby Butterfly_Dawn » Wed Oct 03, 2007 10:00 am

Welcome to the fourm! 17, nearly 18 kg in around a month is a very large amount of weight!! Just be careful you're not overdoing it!!

It sounds ike you are dedicated, so I am sure you wil get to your goal! Though you may find that phenomenal rate of loss will slow down after the first few weeks
35kg lost. (November 2005 - October 2006)
15kg gained again (as at October 2010).
Back to the drawing board - Let's do this thing!

"You can't change the winds, but you can change the sails"

"Reach out and take control of what lands in your lap"

Butterfly_Dawn

Postby help6363 » Thu Oct 04, 2007 1:58 am

Hello and Welcome :D

I look forward to reading your success story in the near future!
help6363

Postby soon2bayummymummy » Fri Oct 05, 2007 6:37 pm

GOODLUCK with the competition, id love to have a local gym doing a biggest loser challenge,its a great motivator. i cant wait for the next biggest loser to come on tv.
soon2bayummymummy

Postby Welsh Dog » Sat Nov 10, 2007 7:13 pm

soon2bayummymummy wrote:GOODLUCK with the competition, id love to have a local gym doing a biggest loser challenge, its a great motivator. i cant wait for the next biggest loser to come on tv.

Sorry to take so long responding... I spend so much time trying to lose weight I don't have much time to spend on the net any more.

To be honest I've never watched any of the biggest loser programmes! They just never appealed to me. Best of luck to those who go through the grief of course... but it's not for me really.

So far I've dropped 30 kilos and still moving along slowly. I still have 40 kilos to go before I get to a sensible weight... but I don't think I'll be doing it in the last 5 weeks of the competition :)

No worries... if it takes til next August I'll be happy. So long as it's gone... I'll be ok.
Welsh Dog

Postby soon2bayummymummy » Sat Nov 10, 2007 7:57 pm

Glad to hear ur doing really well and goodluck with the rest of the kgs u have to lose
soon2bayummymummy

Re: And hello from me!

Postby help6363 » Sat Nov 10, 2007 8:59 pm

Welsh Dog wrote:As is usual for new members, I'm dropping in a message to say hello... so "Hello!" :lol:

I've only just found this place... well to be honest the wife found it and told me you were here!

Like a lot of people I've been 'overweight' for the larger part of my life (no pun intended) but I figured with my 60th birthday coming up now is possibly my last chance to do anything about it.

The local gym is running a 'Biggest Loser' competition so three weeks ago I joined both the gym and the competition. So far, since 8th September, my weight has dropped from 157.9 kilos 10 140.0 kilos so I'm on track right now to get to the target.

The target?? Actually my main target is to stay alive until the end of the 13 week competition, but the secondary target is to get down to my 'usual' weight of 90 kilos.

I doubt I'll do this in the 13 weeks, but hey we can all dream!! :twisted:

Hello and welcome :D

WOW! The Biggest Loser comp...... sounds fun! Can you please tell me more about the competition? It sounds GREAT!!!

GOOD LUCK, I KNOW YOU WILL DO WELL! :D
help6363

Re: And hello from me!

Postby Welsh Dog » Sun Nov 11, 2007 7:33 am

help6363 wrote:
Welsh Dog wrote:Hello and welcome :D

WOW! The Biggest Loser comp...... sounds fun! Can you please tell me more about the competition? It sounds GREAT!!!

GOOD LUCK, I KNOW YOU WILL DO WELL! :D

Sadly *not* the TV version... total prizes are only AU$4,000 so it's more a motivational tool than anything... but it's working. :)

I'm losing between one and three kilos a week depending on how much exercise I do and how much steak I can resist.

One thing I can say, as with almost all of us, it's hard. Having to spend up to three hours a day in a gym to keep working away at those calories is taking up far too much of my time.

The two meal replacements a day don't bother me at all - they're tasty and quite filling. My evening meal is as big as ever, I've just cut out as much carbohydrate as I can so I still have a large plateful, with seconds (or thirds) if I feel like it.

It's only the *time* it takes to work out that is causing me grief... but it has to be done. I've not got 'time' for any more second chances. Like it or not it just has to be done.

So... is the competition fun? I wouldn't call it 'fun' really... for me it's just a means of trying to force myself to change my lifestyle into something healthier. If I do the work now I might manage another 20 years active life, if not... well we all know the answer to that. :)
Welsh Dog

Postby Playboy_bunny » Sun Nov 11, 2007 9:57 am

WOAH sounds like you have done REALLY well already! What a fantastic weight loss :D Just wanted to say welcome to the forum- xxx
Image•·.·´¯`·.·•Gracie•·.·´¯`·.·•
Playboy_bunny

Postby milkyway » Sun Nov 11, 2007 10:27 am

You're making a huge commitment to your weightloss and it's paying off.

Have you given thought to what you'll do for maintenance when you hit your goal weight?
Just keep moving! And don't be lazy...
------------------------
SW: 74.3kg - 1/1/09
CW: 71.1kg - 3/5/09
GW 62kg
milkyway

Postby JP1 » Sun Nov 11, 2007 4:15 pm

Welcome to the forum and you are going great guns so far but please just be careful, the way you are losing it may not be sustainable and studies have shown that the faster you lose the weight the quicker it will return if you don't continue with your diet program.

You seem to be very motivated and I don't need to tell you that you must be embracing this as a new lifestyle as opposed to a diet or competition but each to their own, you are doing great and congratulations.
Highs : 107 Kg (24 Sept 2007) : 113.5 Kg (12 Jan 2014) : 112.5 Kg (26 Jan 2016)
Current :99.2 Kg (31 May 2016)
Lows : 78.4 Kg (20 May 2008) : 87.4 Kg (on 16 Dec in both 2009 & 2010) : 82.9 Kg (14 Apr 2011) : 87.1 Kg (4 Jul 2011) : 90.5 Kg (14 Jul 2014)
Target : 94 Kgs by 15th Jul
JP1

Postby Chelle » Sun Nov 11, 2007 6:03 pm

Welcome to the forum Welsh dog :D Love your name
Chelle

Postby Welsh Dog » Wed Nov 14, 2007 2:28 pm

milkyway wrote:You're making a huge commitment to your weightloss and it's paying off.

Have you given thought to what you'll do for maintenance when you hit your goal weight?

A basic part of the diet I'm on is a 'maintenance plan' and as soon as I feel I've dropped to a reasonable level I'll start introducing more variety carefully and make sure it isn't having too big an effect on my weight before adding more.

For anyone who is interested I copied large chinks of the diet plan onto my 'diet blog' (url in the sig) though I'm not shouting that too loudly as it's obviously copyright :)

On a theme... anyone who wanted to see what's going on in this 'Biggest Loser' competition I'm a part of can find details at http://focusfit.com.au/ and if you want to see what I'm like... and where I am in the 'Series IV' comp... I'm 'Contestant C' :oops:

I think I'm going to win, but having said that I've lost next to nothing this week. No idea why not... sometimes it just 'happens'. I have three weeks left to make the "grand finish". I hope to shed a lot more yet weight!!
Welsh Dog

Postby Welsh Dog » Wed Nov 14, 2007 2:33 pm

Chelle wrote:Welcome to the forum Welsh dog :D Love your name

Back in the depths of my past life I ran a taxi in South Wales which used the radio call sign 'Fido' and it's sort of stuck all these years :)

Thanks for the welcome. Seems like a nice place but I've not got enough time yet to be able to have a really good look round. Maybe once the comp is over (three weeks from Saturday and counting) I'll be able to chat a bit more :)
Welsh Dog

Return to Introductions