It is currently Sat Oct 22, 2016 7:52 pm

Free Newsletter!

Introduce yourself to our weight loss community.

Moderator: Moderators!

Postby jopebbles » Sat Jan 21, 2006 9:53 am

Hi everyone,
I am Jo and I am 39 (40 in Mar :? ). I am married with 3 kids and I am also studying at Uni, life is very busy indeed :D

The family has begun delivering catalogues to save for a holiday, so I am walking 3 times a week for up to 2 hours so am already feeling the benefit of the exercise and thought it was about time I did something about the food intake. I began the Sacred Heart Memorial diet on Tuesday to kick start my healthier eating plan. I weighed 122 and a half kilos and my first goal is 115 kilos, ultimately I would love to get to 65 kilos but am going to set myself small targets along the way.
This week I have been really good and I am very pleased with myself but I have also decided not to punish myself if I diverge. As I usually feel guilty and let food overtake my life(again) and end up putting on any weight I have lost plus more.
So anyway that is just a bit about me, and its nice to meet you all :lol:

Postby Butterfly_Dawn » Sat Jan 21, 2006 3:08 pm

Hi Jo,
Welcome to the forums! it's definitely a good idea not to get too cut up over making mistakes and to just get back on track straight away. It would be a sad old world indeed if everyone just gave up on everything if they fluffed it once.

Feel free to join in on the food and exercise diaries and the challenges we have going. And if you want to make a ticker, click on someone's ticker and it will take you to a site to make one(just follow the instructions, and you will get a range of codes at the end). then you just need to cut and paste the bb code in to your profile signature and it will come up each time.

Look forward to seeing you around the forum!

35kg lost. (November 2005 - October 2006)
15kg gained again (as at October 2010).
Back to the drawing board - Let's do this thing!

"You can't change the winds, but you can change the sails"

"Reach out and take control of what lands in your lap"

Postby Dolly » Sat Jan 21, 2006 11:03 pm

Hi Jo, welcome to the group.
Life must certainly be hectic with a big family and uni.
If you have any questions just fire away.

Postby jopebbles » Mon Jan 23, 2006 1:13 pm

Thankyou Butterfly-Dawn and Dolly for the warm welcome.
Yes life can get hectic around here but it makes life all the more fun :D and I wouldn't have it any other way.
I worked out how to use the ticker and I feel it is a fantastic visual way of charting my progress.
Have a great day
Cheers Jo

Postby Fairie » Tue Jan 24, 2006 7:45 pm

Hi Jopebbles,

Welcome, this is a great site just join in and all the best with your weightloss journey.

Postby Angel » Tue Jan 24, 2006 9:10 pm

Welcome jopebbles,

What a wonderful way to get exercise, double the benefits - cash and weightloss.

Good luck on your weightloss journey,
catch you in the forum,

Postby sokbee » Sun Apr 02, 2006 11:04 am

Hi Jo,

Glad to see you're here! I'm sure you're working on your diet and lose weight programme now! Keep going!

We are all here for each other!

Good luck! Sista!

I am trying to lose weight badly, as I wanted to be healthy and feel good, sexy and I just want to be in control again. I want to be in control of my life and off course my body, and the way I look!

Return to Introductions