It is currently Sat Dec 10, 2016 6:23 am

Free Newsletter

New to this forum!

Introduce yourself to our weight loss community.

Moderator: Moderators

New to this forum!

Postby Rebecca » Fri Oct 05, 2007 4:18 pm

Hi there,
Just thought I'd introduce myself. I'm Rebecca, a 23 year old school teacher from Sydney. My entire life I have struggled with my weight, I've been on all the programs with success, but never seem to be able to keep going with it. I remember first visiting a dietician in kindy, then after that doing WW, Jenny Craig, Low carb, Ultra- lite, WW again.
At my biggest I was 112.5kg in 2003, i lost 32 kgs to get to about 80 by April of 2004 but I got sick and weak from a low carb diet.

At the moment I am 90kg and have decided that no more diets - I need to make a life change. So, I have left WW, although taking some of their principles with me, and am now doing it myself! Regular exercise and sensible eating is what I have begun. I feel a lot better for it, I actually do love to exercise but I hate beginning exercise again - now I am in the swing I enjoy the time I have to myself.

Anyway.. sorry bored everyone with this intro. I am looking forward to contributing to these forums and get some tips from you all!

Best wishes to all :)
Rebecca

Postby sassi » Fri Oct 05, 2007 4:50 pm

hi & welcome rebecca :) that wasn't boring at all btw!

sounds like you've got a plan of attack sorted out - best of luck :)
sassi

Postby soon2bayummymummy » Fri Oct 05, 2007 6:23 pm

hey congrats on how well u have done so far, u have the right thinking to get to your goal weight, goodluck
soon2bayummymummy

Re: New to this forum!

Postby help6363 » Fri Oct 05, 2007 7:25 pm

Rebecca wrote:Hi there,
Just thought I'd introduce myself. I'm Rebecca, a 23 year old school teacher from Sydney. My entire life I have struggled with my weight, I've been on all the programs with success, but never seem to be able to keep going with it. I remember first visiting a dietician in kindy, then after that doing WW, Jenny Craig, Low carb, Ultra- lite, WW again.
At my biggest I was 112.5kg in 2003, i lost 32 kgs to get to about 80 by April of 2004 but I got sick and weak from a low carb diet.

At the moment I am 90kg and have decided that no more diets - I need to make a life change. So, I have left WW, although taking some of their principles with me, and am now doing it myself! Regular exercise and sensible eating is what I have begun. I feel a lot better for it, I actually do love to exercise but I hate beginning exercise again - now I am in the swing I enjoy the time I have to myself.

Anyway.. sorry bored everyone with this intro. I am looking forward to contributing to these forums and get some tips from you all!

Best wishes to all :)

Hello and welcome!

I look forward to reading your success story in the near future! :D
help6363

Postby shelbel » Fri Oct 05, 2007 8:09 pm

Hello Rebecca and welcome to the forum :D

You sound like you have a good head on your shoulders there and i look forward to hearing about your progress. Join in where ever your comfortable, we're not such a bad bunch of ppl!
Highest Weight - 93kgs
Current Weight - 68.3kgs
Goal Weight - 65kgs

The wise man Stephen King once said - The only way to go on, is to go on. To say 'i can do this' even when you know you cant

You'll find me in the almost there section :)
shelbel

Postby Butterfly_Dawn » Fri Oct 05, 2007 9:11 pm

Hi Rebecca and welcome to the forum! congrats on taking a fresh new start on things - I'm sure you have learned a number of lessons you can apply to this effort from your previous attempts!!
35kg lost. (November 2005 - October 2006)
15kg gained again (as at October 2010).
Back to the drawing board - Let's do this thing!

"You can't change the winds, but you can change the sails"

"Reach out and take control of what lands in your lap"

Butterfly_Dawn

Postby electrongirl » Fri Oct 05, 2007 9:13 pm

hi and welcome!!

Can't wait to hear about your progress!!
Nikki - Aussie girl living in the USA with her soul mate. My blog: http://aus2usa.blogspot.com/

Image Image
electrongirl

Postby JODI C » Fri Oct 05, 2007 9:54 pm

Hi there,
I have also been on WW and although it worked at the time the weight seemed to come back to me but I have recently decided I dont need WW to tell me what im eating is bad I already knew that so now I just eat healthy and exercise as mush as I can and I have lost 5 kilo's in 3 weeks once you get the ball rolling you will feel a million bucks.
GOOD LUCK CANT WAIT TO SEE YOU PROGRESS!!!!!!
I will succeed!! I really can do it!!
JODI C

Postby talia11 » Sat Oct 06, 2007 9:25 am

Hi Rebecca and welcome1 this is a wonderful site and you will surely be happy here - good luck!
Carmen - Weight Watchers -Goal 72kg

talia11

Postby milkyway » Sat Oct 06, 2007 11:07 am

Hi Rebecca, I bet you'll be the one sharing tips with us rather than getting them all from us ;) You sound like you've come a long way already and have a great plan for the future. Congrats on your success so far and I look forward to hearing about your continued progress.
Just keep moving! And don't be lazy...
------------------------
SW: 74.3kg - 1/1/09
CW: 71.1kg - 3/5/09
GW 62kg
milkyway

Postby Rebecca » Sat Oct 06, 2007 12:51 pm

Thanks everybody for the warm welcome!

Can't wait to get to know you all and how far you have come!

I also post a blog if anyone is interested... kinda boring but whatever
http://beckyramone.blogspot.com

Have a great weekend!
Rebecca

Postby Cass101 » Sat Oct 06, 2007 1:13 pm

Hey Rebecca, just checked out our blog.. Great Read! Keep writing and I'll keep reading. Good luck with the weight loss so far and good luck for the future
Start 99kg
Current 86.6kg
1st Goal 85
2nd " 75
3rd " 65
END 58 - 60kg!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w6gNSIt/]
[/url]
Cass101

Return to Introductions