It is currently Sat Dec 10, 2016 12:33 am

Free Newsletter

Hello all, my intro/story.

Introduce yourself to our weight loss community.

Moderator: Moderators

Hello all, my intro/story.

Postby Chief » Sat Oct 06, 2007 7:07 am

Hows it going everyone, I'm sitting here at 3:45AM cause i cant sleep. Mrs and bubby are fast asleep in our main bedroom, I've been up and vomited about an hour ago from a night on the piss and fast food. Tried a Full Pounder Meal from Mcdonald's for the first time tonight, 4 meat patties and 4 slices of cheese (think thats whats made me vomit).

Anyway I'm Male, 23y.o, 6ft tall and just over 100k's.

Not fat, just chubby but also very very unfit, heaps depressed with myself but i cant seem to stick to a healthy eating habit.

For about the last 8 years i have been around the 95 kilo mark, even when i was more active in high school i always had a bit of flubber due to my diet.

I just cant refuse eating bad foods no matter how many times i tell myself.

Anyway i have been out of work for the last few months waiting for a minor ankle operation.
Since being out of full time work i have got really slack and hardly doing anything active at all. I cant run or walk much due to ankle but i am able to use my stationary bike.

6 months ago i bought a home gym (cheap hyper extension station from k-mart). So i have that setup along with a stationary bike, a punching bag is set up and a nice little courtyard to do some skip rope.

I'm pretty sure that is all sufficient enough to keep a regular exercise routine.

As of two weeks ago i have started my 'enough is enough' attitude (again after many times before) and have started doing a basic exercise routine that i quite enjoy.
Been keeping my routines written down in a journal type set up along with the date and my weight after each work out.

I originally wanted to do the 40is min work out everyday but have been more or less doing it every second day and a few times have seen 3 days go by without doing it. I think mainly to eating too much the night/day before and lacking the motivation/energy.

Anyway I'm sure i will be able to sort out the exercise part eventually, its mainly my diet that i need to attend to. Plus the diet should help with the energy to work out more often anyway.

So basically I've signed up here for partly seeking more motivation as well as finding tips 'n information and being in a group with people who are in the same set of mind frame.

Geeze just scrolled up and seen how much I've typed, don't expect anyone to read it all, its kinda helped already just to type it all out.

I figured i don't wanna become skinny, i wanna just be at a healthy weight level and feel good about my self. I was healthy at 95 but still carted around unnecessary weight so I'm thinking a good weight to get too would be 85 and go from there.

so basically i'm 100kg, target is 85kg, to lose 15kg.

Anyway, gday :P
User avatar
Chief
 
Posts: 32
Joined: Sat Oct 06, 2007 6:41 am

Postby talia11 » Sat Oct 06, 2007 9:17 am

Hi Chief and welcome! You ahve come to the the right place to meet some great epopel who will offer tips, and the nest thing of all - motivation!
Sounds like you have made a good start to your journey...a good place to start with your diet may be http://www.calorieking.com.au/ alot of people use that and find it great!
Carmen - Weight Watchers -Goal 72kg

Image

Image
User avatar
talia11
 
Posts: 194
Joined: Sat Mar 10, 2007 4:54 pm
Location: Wollongong, NSW

Postby Sussy » Sat Oct 06, 2007 9:38 am

Hey Chief, welcome. You'll get heaps of support here, 100kg isn't that big for your height. My hubby is 6ft 1in and is 98kg and he's not fbig, could prob lose a few kg (as we all could) but he's fine. Also he always says at his best weight he was around 90kg, and he was hot, so don't lose too much.....don't want to get too scrawny, blah...heheh..Goodluck, you'll do great!!! :D
User avatar
Sussy
 
Posts: 589
Joined: Tue Oct 02, 2007 4:34 pm

Postby shelbel » Sat Oct 06, 2007 10:37 am

Hello Chief welcome to the forum.

Sounds to me like you have had a light bulb moment there! Good luck on you journey and i hope your feeling better this morning!

Ps you dont have to give up on things like maccas, just make smarter choices, like a lean beef burger and small chips.Oh thats sooo easy to say when you havent been drinking! LOL
Highest Weight - 93kgs
Current Weight - 68.3kgs
Goal Weight - 65kgs

The wise man Stephen King once said - The only way to go on, is to go on. To say 'i can do this' even when you know you cant

You'll find me in the almost there section :)
User avatar
shelbel
 
Posts: 1700
Joined: Sat Jun 09, 2007 8:20 pm
Location: Perth

Postby sassi » Sat Oct 06, 2007 10:47 am

hi & welcome chief :)

if typing that out helped you to focus, you should consider a thread in the personal progress section - helps me to stay focussed & balanced (well, mostly!!).

:)
Image
sassi
 
Posts: 1595
Joined: Wed May 16, 2007 12:03 pm
Location: melbourne

Postby milkyway » Sat Oct 06, 2007 11:04 am

Hi Chief and welcome aboard :)

I found after many false starts that it's better to make one small change per week than it is to make a drastic & massive overnight change such as saying "I will eat only healthy food and exercise every day from now on". You're bound to just set yourself up for failure, which is the ultimate de-motivator.

Start by making some small changes - it might be "this week I will switch to diet soft drink and drink more water". The following week it might be "No fast food take away this week and I'll exercise for 40 mins at least 3 times this week." (These are just examples off the top of my head - you'll be able to work out your own goals of course!)

By making small changes and changing habits slowly, and by getting the feeling of success when you achieve your goals, you'll stay motivated to keep going. Too often we're ready to throw in the towel at one stuff up. It's not easy and it takes time, but one small step at a time and you'll get there.

All the best!
Just keep moving! And don't be lazy...
------------------------
SW: 74.3kg - 1/1/09
CW: 71.1kg - 3/5/09
GW 62kg
User avatar
milkyway
 
Posts: 4236
Joined: Wed Feb 07, 2007 3:11 pm
Location: Melbourne

Re: Hello all, my intro/story.

Postby help6363 » Sat Oct 06, 2007 11:23 pm

Chief wrote:Hows it going everyone, I'm sitting here at 3:45AM cause i cant sleep. Mrs and bubby are fast asleep in our main bedroom, I've been up and vomited about an hour ago from a night on the piss and fast food. Tried a Full Pounder Meal from Mcdonald's for the first time tonight, 4 meat patties and 4 slices of cheese (think thats whats made me vomit).

Anyway I'm Male, 23y.o, 6ft tall and just over 100k's.

Not fat, just chubby but also very very unfit, heaps depressed with myself but i cant seem to stick to a healthy eating habit.

For about the last 8 years i have been around the 95 kilo mark, even when i was more active in high school i always had a bit of flubber due to my diet.

I just cant refuse eating bad foods no matter how many times i tell myself.

Anyway i have been out of work for the last few months waiting for a minor ankle operation.
Since being out of full time work i have got really slack and hardly doing anything active at all. I cant run or walk much due to ankle but i am able to use my stationary bike.

6 months ago i bought a home gym (cheap hyper extension station from k-mart). So i have that setup along with a stationary bike, a punching bag is set up and a nice little courtyard to do some skip rope.

I'm pretty sure that is all sufficient enough to keep a regular exercise routine.

As of two weeks ago i have started my 'enough is enough' attitude (again after many times before) and have started doing a basic exercise routine that i quite enjoy.
Been keeping my routines written down in a journal type set up along with the date and my weight after each work out.

I originally wanted to do the 40is min work out everyday but have been more or less doing it every second day and a few times have seen 3 days go by without doing it. I think mainly to eating too much the night/day before and lacking the motivation/energy.

Anyway I'm sure i will be able to sort out the exercise part eventually, its mainly my diet that i need to attend to. Plus the diet should help with the energy to work out more often anyway.

So basically I've signed up here for partly seeking more motivation as well as finding tips 'n information and being in a group with people who are in the same set of mind frame.

Geeze just scrolled up and seen how much I've typed, don't expect anyone to read it all, its kinda helped already just to type it all out.

I figured i don't wanna become skinny, i wanna just be at a healthy weight level and feel good about my self. I was healthy at 95 but still carted around unnecessary weight so I'm thinking a good weight to get too would be 85 and go from there.

so basically i'm 100kg, target is 85kg, to lose 15kg.

Anyway, gday :P



Hello and welcome

I look forward to reading your successful weight loss story in the near future :D
help6363
 
Posts: 651
Joined: Sat Sep 15, 2007 2:12 am

Postby KimE » Sun Oct 07, 2007 9:48 am

Hello Chief and welcome to the forum.

All the best on your weightloss journey. :D
Kim - To thine own self be true
Image
Maintainence since 04/11/06
Preferred Weight - Under 60 kgs
Current Weight - 64.8 kgs
Start Weight - 85 kgs
User avatar
KimE
 
Posts: 4825
Joined: Wed Apr 19, 2006 7:42 pm
Location: Melbourne

Hi!

Postby sami-j » Sun Oct 07, 2007 10:57 am

Hi There!
You sound as though you are in the same boat as my husband. Same height & similar weight. He too has been suffering from an ankle injury & heel spurs which makes running very difficult. Though he rides with a group every Sunday morning & does about 100km.
He loves food & this is where the problem is. His favorite foods are KFC & Icecream.
He has realized that enough is enough too & for the past 3 weeks we have both made a conscious effort to change our ways. (I crave lollies & chocolate. After speaking with a close friend of ours who does nutrition talks around the globe, we were advised to try & steer clear of packaged processed foods including 'diet' foods, which was a bit new to us, because in the past when we were dieting, we filled the fridge & cupboards with diet foods. So we headed to the supermarket & bought a trolley full of raw foods & ingredients to make our own food. We have made our own : muesli bars, vegie burgers, banana bread, brown fried rice, salmon patties, soups, smoothies etc etc.
And amazingly we have both lost 3.5 kilos in the past 2 weeks. It doesn't feel like a diet & we are never left feeling hungry after a meal. We just fill up on good whole foods & feel so healthy because of it!
I have even made some organic choc coated macadamias & sultanas for when I have those sweet cravings. (just for a treat).
My husband is planning to do a 1/2 Iron man next year & would like to get down to 85kgs to do it! (he is 93 now!)
I am 67 kilos & would like to be 58kilos. (I lost 12 kilos last year, but put a few back on through eating the wrong foods)
We see this as a complete lifestyle change, not a diet. And we are looking forward to a healthy future!
All the best with your journey,
Sami.
"A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty." ..... Winston Churchill
sami-j
 
Posts: 21
Joined: Fri Oct 05, 2007 11:43 am
Location: Northern NSW

Postby Chief » Mon Oct 08, 2007 1:27 pm

Sussy wrote:Hey Chief, welcome. You'll get heaps of support here, 100kg isn't that big for your height. My hubby is 6ft 1in and is 98kg and he's not fbig, could prob lose a few kg (as we all could) but he's fine. Also he always says at his best weight he was around 90kg, and he was hot, so don't lose too much.....don't want to get too scrawny, blah...heheh..Goodluck, you'll do great!!! :D


Yeah i know that even at my weight I'm not big, just bigger then i wanna be. When i was younger and around the 92 - 95 kg i was reasonably fit but always had a pot belly so i know i could lose at least another 5 - 7 kg just there.
Also my belly hasn't really got allot bigger, just the rest of my weight has spread over the rest of my body, arms, neck and face mainly.
I definitely don't wanna get scrawny, as weird as it sounds being at my weight now has made me a little bit more confident in some circumstances. But at the end of the day i hate the way i feel and look in photo's so thats why i wanna lose the weight.


shelbel wrote:Hello Chief welcome to the forum.

Sounds to me like you have had a light bulb moment there! Good luck on you journey and i hope your feeling better this morning!

Ps you dont have to give up on things like maccas, just make smarter choices, like a lean beef burger and small chips.Oh thats sooo easy to say when you havent been drinking! LOL


I've probably done the wrong thing and have said No to all takeaways. I will eventually give in some time but at the moment i feel confident. Mainly wanna stay away from deep fried foods.
The more a read about healthier foods the better it all sounds, just seems that to eat healthy u gotta be prepared to spend allot of time in the kitchen because everything needs so much more preparation.


sassi wrote:hi & welcome chief :)

if typing that out helped you to focus, you should consider a thread in the personal progress section - helps me to stay focussed & balanced (well, mostly!!).

:)


Yeah i started a thread there titled 'Chiefs Daily Progress', heres the link http://www.weightloss.com.au/forum/viewtopic.php?t=9751
Going to treat it kind of like a diary. Its surprising how much motivation small things like that give.


milkyway wrote:Hi Chief and welcome aboard :)

I found after many false starts that it's better to make one small change per week than it is to make a drastic & massive overnight change such as saying "I will eat only healthy food and exercise every day from now on". You're bound to just set yourself up for failure, which is the ultimate de-motivator.

Start by making some small changes - it might be "this week I will switch to diet soft drink and drink more water". The following week it might be "No fast food take away this week and I'll exercise for 40 mins at least 3 times this week." (These are just examples off the top of my head - you'll be able to work out your own goals of course!)

By making small changes and changing habits slowly, and by getting the feeling of success when you achieve your goals, you'll stay motivated to keep going. Too often we're ready to throw in the towel at one stuff up. It's not easy and it takes time, but one small step at a time and you'll get there.

All the best!


My hardest habit to change is my drinking, but its got so bad lately that I've got almost a constant burning indigestion. So I'm definitely going to have to stop drinking my johnny and coke.
I've planned to not eat anything deep fried or cooked in allot of fat. I will start to replace things like chips with meals, If we have lasagna i will now eat it with a side of salads instead of potato chips. started buying more green veges like beans and brussel sprouts. broccoli and so on, so they will become more regular into my diet.



sami-j wrote:Hi There!
You sound as though you are in the same boat as my husband. Same height & similar weight. He too has been suffering from an ankle injury & heel spurs which makes running very difficult. Though he rides with a group every Sunday morning & does about 100km.
He loves food & this is where the problem is. His favorite foods are KFC & Icecream.
He has realized that enough is enough too & for the past 3 weeks we have both made a conscious effort to change our ways. (I crave lollies & chocolate. After speaking with a close friend of ours who does nutrition talks around the globe, we were advised to try & steer clear of packaged processed foods including 'diet' foods, which was a bit new to us, because in the past when we were dieting, we filled the fridge & cupboards with diet foods. So we headed to the supermarket & bought a trolley full of raw foods & ingredients to make our own food. We have made our own : muesli bars, vegie burgers, banana bread, brown fried rice, salmon patties, soups, smoothies etc etc.
And amazingly we have both lost 3.5 kilos in the past 2 weeks. It doesn't feel like a diet & we are never left feeling hungry after a meal. We just fill up on good whole foods & feel so healthy because of it!
I have even made some organic choc coated macadamias & sultanas for when I have those sweet cravings. (just for a treat).
My husband is planning to do a 1/2 Iron man next year & would like to get down to 85kgs to do it! (he is 93 now!)
I am 67 kilos & would like to be 58kilos. (I lost 12 kilos last year, but put a few back on through eating the wrong foods)
We see this as a complete lifestyle change, not a diet. And we are looking forward to a healthy future!
All the best with your journey,
Sami.


Yeah changing food kinda starts at the supermarket, instead of buying foods that contribute to unhealthy eating just leave them on the shelves and only stock up on good stuff. If its not in the cupboard then ya cant eat it.
My addiction to food is heaps bad but I'm feeling pretty confident about it at the moment, My main killer were those 'All you can eat" buffets. I would go and eat 3 Full plates of oily/fatty foods and still get a soup bowl of dessert, Bugger those little dessert bowls, bring on the soup bowl. As long as i stay away from those thats half my battle. I was going to sizzler's almost once a week at one stage, then the local pub who offer all you can eat also.

Its good that your hubby has planned to enter that event, it would be heaps good motivation for him to get to his desired weight goal. Maybe i should look into something similar.
Yes i'm a bloke
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wr2WOoy/]
Image
[/url]
User avatar
Chief
 
Posts: 32
Joined: Sat Oct 06, 2007 6:41 am

Postby Butterfly_Dawn » Mon Oct 08, 2007 8:06 pm

Hi chief and welcome to the forum! Nothing like a night on the piss and feeling depressed to give you a case of verbal diarrhea (sp?) hey!!!

Good luck with your journey, starting out is hard, but you have found a good place for motivation and tips!
35kg lost. (November 2005 - October 2006)
15kg gained again (as at October 2010).
Back to the drawing board - Let's do this thing!

"You can't change the winds, but you can change the sails"

"Reach out and take control of what lands in your lap"

User avatar
Butterfly_Dawn
 
Posts: 4151
Joined: Thu Nov 03, 2005 10:28 pm
Location: Hobart, Tas

Postby Chief » Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:44 pm

yeah I've been reading so much already, it all helps so much.

On the johnnie walker again tonight, pretty sure me and the mrs have finally broken up after so much arguing.

going to be hard not seeing my baby girl, mrs will be moving into a rental up near her parents house nearly 700km's away.

We have broken up so many times in the past as most young relationships do but this is the first time in a good year and a half and i think it has to finally happen, we have been so unhappy for too long now. I feel so bad for my little girl, not even knowing what is going on.
Yes i'm a bloke
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wr2WOoy/]
Image
[/url]
User avatar
Chief
 
Posts: 32
Joined: Sat Oct 06, 2007 6:41 am

Postby kate_turner2000 » Tue Oct 09, 2007 12:08 pm

hey chief im really sorry to hear about your break up, i am sure you will still be a great dad to your girl :) best wishes
User avatar
kate_turner2000
 
Posts: 13910
Joined: Wed Aug 16, 2006 11:59 am
Location: Central Coast NSW

Postby Chief » Tue Oct 09, 2007 5:06 pm

we stayed up last night talking for ages and came to the conclusion just to call it off temporary. Still call our selves as being together but just having a break. she is flying out on Friday to spend a few weeks possibly close to a couple months at her parents.

Just going through a very stressful time at the moment.
Yes i'm a bloke
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wr2WOoy/]
Image
[/url]
User avatar
Chief
 
Posts: 32
Joined: Sat Oct 06, 2007 6:41 am

Postby Butterfly_Dawn » Tue Oct 09, 2007 5:50 pm

understandable you are under stress...breakups ARE damned hard, particularly with little ones involved. Try not to rely on the booze though - not healthy mentally or physically. You might find exercise even helps with the stress. If you need to, talk with someone, maybe relationships Aus can help - they do couples counselling and relationship breakup counselling so it's as painless as possible.
35kg lost. (November 2005 - October 2006)
15kg gained again (as at October 2010).
Back to the drawing board - Let's do this thing!

"You can't change the winds, but you can change the sails"

"Reach out and take control of what lands in your lap"

User avatar
Butterfly_Dawn
 
Posts: 4151
Joined: Thu Nov 03, 2005 10:28 pm
Location: Hobart, Tas

Next

Return to Introductions

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest