It is currently Sun Dec 04, 2016 4:44 am

Free Newsletter

proby

Introduce yourself to our weight loss community.

Moderator: Moderators

proby

Postby Tera » Thu Oct 11, 2007 10:13 pm

Hi all Im new to this weightloss gig. My name is Teresa, I am a mum to a 7 1/2 yr old boy, a 6 yr old boy and a 3 yr old girl. We now live back in sydney after spending 3 years in Nth Qld. I have found it very difficult to lose the weight from having my daughter and seem to be adding the kilos :? I've been really bad with the comfort food since we came back here though. I've had a few self esteem issues and finding it hard to make new friends again hence I have turned to food. I lack motivation to exercise even though i want to lose the weight. I get short of breath far too quickly and want to stop.

Well thats me.
Tera

Postby chubba momma » Thu Oct 11, 2007 10:20 pm

Hi Tera and welcome to the forum, there are so many lovely peopel on here to help you and support you in your weightloss journey. Good Luck :D
NO MORE EXCUSES!!
chubba momma

Postby kate_turner2000 » Fri Oct 12, 2007 8:09 am

welcome to the group tera :) best wishes for your weightloss journey ;)
kate_turner2000

Postby Butterfly_Dawn » Fri Oct 12, 2007 9:04 am

Hi Tera and welcome to the forum! It is hard to get around the emotional issues, but you have at least recognised them so you can look for ways to change them. And about getting short of breath - that's what it's about, pushing your body! If you are REALLY short of breath, try maybe not going quite so hard, or try interval training where you go hard for a set distance, then go a bit slower for a set distance, then go fast again.
35kg lost. (November 2005 - October 2006)
15kg gained again (as at October 2010).
Back to the drawing board - Let's do this thing!

"You can't change the winds, but you can change the sails"

"Reach out and take control of what lands in your lap"

Butterfly_Dawn

Postby Sas » Fri Oct 12, 2007 10:07 am

Welcome Tera and good luck with everything.

I know how hard it can be to make friends in a new city. I moved to Canberra from NQ almost 3 years ago and had no friends at all... I ended up making lot's of friends through my sporting club.

Perhaps you could join a sporting club or even a walking club that is near you? It would help motivate you to exercise plus you would meet new people and make friends at the same time :)

Good luck and I look forward to hearing about your weightloss journey.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wCSA5VJ/]
Sas

Re: proby

Postby help6363 » Fri Oct 12, 2007 1:50 pm

Tera wrote:Hi all Im new to this weightloss gig. My name is Teresa, I am a mum to a 7 1/2 yr old boy, a 6 yr old boy and a 3 yr old girl. We now live back in sydney after spending 3 years in Nth Qld. I have found it very difficult to lose the weight from having my daughter and seem to be adding the kilos :? I've been really bad with the comfort food since we came back here though. I've had a few self esteem issues and finding it hard to make new friends again hence I have turned to food. I lack motivation to exercise even though i want to lose the weight. I get short of breath far too quickly and want to stop.

Well thats me.

Hello and welcome.....! :D

You stated that you are new to this whole weight loss things..... so I am just trying to give you some tips, I hope you don't take offence

1. There are numerous ways to lose weight ....I followed calorie counting. A brief explanation of calories.......

TO LOSE WEIGHT

Woman ..... less than 5 kgs
1,250 calories (35g of fat)

Males.... less than 5 kgs
1,500 calories (42g of fat)

Woman ...... need to lose 6-20kgs
1,500 calories (42g of fat)

Man ........ need to lose 6-20 kgs
1,750 calories (49g of fat)

More than 20 kg
Woman ...... 1,750 calories (49g of fat)
Male ....... 2,000 (56g of fat)

If calories don't suit you, you could try the Weight Watchers Core plan or anything that works for you!

2. Comfort eating.......
One of my biggest problems is binge eating. To solve this problem, I keep a journal with the aim of trying to figure myself out. Here’s what I do: write down when I feel like binge eating and what I feel like eating. I can look over this at a later date. When I have analysed myself and my actions I came to the realisation that I like to eat greasy food when I am stressed, chocolate when I am grumpy and so forth. Now you just need to replace the habit with something else. Can you drink water when you are stressed instead of reaching for the greasy food? Make strategies that will work for YOU!

This may take some practice! Hence, just get back on the horse if you do slip up….. it’s really not the end of the world!

3. Not motivated and lacking self esteem........

BIG HUGS!!!!

Just try to find something you like as far as exercise goes. I started off swimming with flippers and a kickboard. Maybe even drag the kids to the pool with you. When first started exercise I could not do one sit up.......it's amazing how quickly fitness improves.

I stay motivated by setting mini goals for myself and give myself a reward for every goal I met. Examples of rewards ....... holding a wombat, new lipstick, new clothes.......When I first started I had hardly any money cause I was at uni fulltime, so every 5kg I lost I spend $5 -10 on myself at an op shop.........I STILL LOVE OP SHOPS!!!

I know you can do this!!!!!

Sorry I dribbled on so much but when I first started I had no idea about calorie counting and so forth...... when I found out about it and it worked for me I was so happy!!!!

I look forward to reading your success story in the near future......see ya around the boards!

Have a great day!

Cheers

Michelle
help6363

Postby milkyway » Sat Oct 13, 2007 1:30 am

Welcome aboard Tera - you've found a great online support group, that's for sure :)
Just keep moving! And don't be lazy...
------------------------
SW: 74.3kg - 1/1/09
CW: 71.1kg - 3/5/09
GW 62kg
milkyway

Postby soon2bayummymummy » Sat Oct 13, 2007 11:44 am

goodluck tera with your goals and hope u find motivation here to get u to where u need to be.
soon2bayummymummy

Postby Mandie » Sat Oct 13, 2007 11:49 am

welcome to the forum, Tera. :)
Mandie

Postby Playboy_bunny » Wed Oct 17, 2007 8:38 pm

welcome tera :)
Image•·.·´¯`·.·•Gracie•·.·´¯`·.·•
Playboy_bunny

Return to Introductions