It is currently Fri Dec 09, 2016 6:38 pm

Free Newsletter

Opal's Pledge

What do you promise to do today to help lose weight?

Moderator: Moderators

Opal's Pledge

Postby opal630 » Sun Nov 04, 2007 11:19 pm

I pledge to leave work every day this week by no later than 6pm so I have time for exercise and won't arrive home starving at 10pm and eat the quickest thing I can put together. I will take my lunch to work every day this week and will resist the food court.
Image
First Mini Goal - 95 kilos: Done; Second Mini Goal - 90 kilos
SW: 102.8
CW: 93.8
GW: 56 -- reward = walking tour of Italy (my dream)
User avatar
opal630
 
Posts: 343
Joined: Sun Nov 04, 2007 1:00 pm
Location: St Kilda, Melbourne

Postby Chelle » Sun Nov 04, 2007 11:41 pm

Great pledge opal, you should try & organised & plan what you will be having for dinner instead of doing thing at the last moment. Deffinately stay away from the food court unless you getting somthing healthy to eat like a fruit salad or a healthy sandwhich / wrap. Let us know how everything goes & goodluck!!
Image
User avatar
Chelle
 
Posts: 3334
Joined: Fri Feb 09, 2007 7:31 pm
Location: Raymond Terrace - Newcastle

Postby kate_turner2000 » Mon Nov 05, 2007 7:53 am

good pledge! food courts are like a toy shop for me! just sooo exciting and so much to choose from!
User avatar
kate_turner2000
 
Posts: 13910
Joined: Wed Aug 16, 2006 11:59 am
Location: Central Coast NSW

Postby Playboy_bunny » Mon Nov 05, 2007 10:41 am

great pledge :D Its something that lots of people can relate to!
Image
Image•·.·´¯`·.·•Gracie•·.·´¯`·.·•
User avatar
Playboy_bunny
 
Posts: 2145
Joined: Sat Jun 02, 2007 10:34 pm

Postby opal630 » Mon Nov 05, 2007 10:47 pm

Thanks for the support :D
So far so good, I took my lunch to work and prepared tonight's dinner last night so I had something when I got home.

I left at 6 too, I walked around Lysterfield Lake yesterday and I'm still sore today so I didn't walk home though. But I had to go to a meeting on the other side of the city and I walked there and back instead of catching a tram so I guess that's better than nothing.
Image
First Mini Goal - 95 kilos: Done; Second Mini Goal - 90 kilos
SW: 102.8
CW: 93.8
GW: 56 -- reward = walking tour of Italy (my dream)
User avatar
opal630
 
Posts: 343
Joined: Sun Nov 04, 2007 1:00 pm
Location: St Kilda, Melbourne

Postby Chelle » Tue Nov 06, 2007 12:37 pm

Some great choices there opal. Keep up the great work!!
Image
User avatar
Chelle
 
Posts: 3334
Joined: Fri Feb 09, 2007 7:31 pm
Location: Raymond Terrace - Newcastle

Postby opal630 » Fri Nov 09, 2007 8:44 pm

Leave work everyday by 6pm - twice yes, twice no
Take my lunch to work everyday - twice yes, twice no - but I found a place that does sushi without mayonnaise, today was somebody's leaving lunch, how bad is rissotto? it was with veg stock and no cheese.

Walked home wednesday & thursday, tuesday was public holiday so did a heap of walking. Tomorrow morning I'm hitting the dandenongs.
Image
First Mini Goal - 95 kilos: Done; Second Mini Goal - 90 kilos
SW: 102.8
CW: 93.8
GW: 56 -- reward = walking tour of Italy (my dream)
User avatar
opal630
 
Posts: 343
Joined: Sun Nov 04, 2007 1:00 pm
Location: St Kilda, Melbourne

Postby milkyway » Fri Nov 09, 2007 9:18 pm

It's great to have the goals - even if you can't meet them everyday, at least you're striving towards something. Enjoy the Dandenongs. I was out there hiking about 2 weeks ago -- so beautiful :) And it's going to be a beautiful late spring day - 26 degrees. Yay!
Just keep moving! And don't be lazy...
------------------------
SW: 74.3kg - 1/1/09
CW: 71.1kg - 3/5/09
GW 62kg
User avatar
milkyway
 
Posts: 4236
Joined: Wed Feb 07, 2007 3:11 pm
Location: Melbourne

Postby opal630 » Sat Nov 10, 2007 9:12 pm

milkyway wrote:Enjoy the Dandenongs. I was out there hiking about 2 weeks ago -- so beautiful :) And it's going to be a beautiful late spring day - 26 degrees. Yay!


Well I certainly enjoyed getting back to my car :oops: . I went to Sherbrooke Forest and did a walk that was rated in my melbourne bush walks book as easy. I think the author should try carrying an extra 50 kilos up the 30-40 degree slopes and then tell me it's easy :? . I hadn't done a walk from his book in a while and forgot that easy could either mean easy or not so easy, moderate means certain death. But I felt great that I'd managed to do it afterwards and I'm gonna try and do it again next week. I have my first week weigh in tomorrow so I'll see how much it helped.
Image
First Mini Goal - 95 kilos: Done; Second Mini Goal - 90 kilos
SW: 102.8
CW: 93.8
GW: 56 -- reward = walking tour of Italy (my dream)
User avatar
opal630
 
Posts: 343
Joined: Sun Nov 04, 2007 1:00 pm
Location: St Kilda, Melbourne

Postby help6363 » Sat Nov 10, 2007 9:33 pm

opal630 wrote:
milkyway wrote:Enjoy the Dandenongs. I was out there hiking about 2 weeks ago -- so beautiful :) And it's going to be a beautiful late spring day - 26 degrees. Yay!


Well I certainly enjoyed getting back to my car :oops: . I went to Sherbrooke Forest and did a walk that was rated in my melbourne bush walks book as easy. I think the author should try carrying an extra 50 kilos up the 30-40 degree slopes and then tell me it's easy :? . I hadn't done a walk from his book in a while and forgot that easy could either mean easy or not so easy, moderate means certain death. But I felt great that I'd managed to do it afterwards and I'm gonna try and do it again next week. I have my first week weigh in tomorrow so I'll see how much it helped.


Well done, Opal.......you are doing great!

I cannot wait to hear about your weigh in! :D
help6363
 
Posts: 651
Joined: Sat Sep 15, 2007 2:12 am

Postby chubba momma » Sat Nov 10, 2007 10:11 pm

well done on the walks :D They sound like a challenge,

good luck with the weigh in!

Great pledge by the way! :D
***
NO MORE EXCUSES!!
User avatar
chubba momma
 
Posts: 674
Joined: Sun Aug 12, 2007 8:48 pm
Location: North Queensland

Postby milkyway » Sat Nov 10, 2007 10:49 pm

opal630 wrote:
milkyway wrote:Enjoy the Dandenongs. I was out there hiking about 2 weeks ago -- so beautiful :) And it's going to be a beautiful late spring day - 26 degrees. Yay!


Well I certainly enjoyed getting back to my car :oops: . I went to Sherbrooke Forest and did a walk that was rated in my melbourne bush walks book as easy. I think the author should try carrying an extra 50 kilos up the 30-40 degree slopes and then tell me it's easy :? . I hadn't done a walk from his book in a while and forgot that easy could either mean easy or not so easy, moderate means certain death. But I felt great that I'd managed to do it afterwards and I'm gonna try and do it again next week. I have my first week weigh in tomorrow so I'll see how much it helped.


Well good on you for getting out there and giving it a go. It really does make you feel like you've achieved something, eh?

I did a hike 2 weeks ago in Sherbrooke Forrest from Grant's picnic area and if it was the same one, there were some SERIOUSLY steep sections that just seemed to go on and on - the end was like a mirage... you'd get to the 'top' but the track veered around and continued up, up and up and then you'd think you were at the top again and it just kept going... it was REALLY steep! I had a sore butt for about 3 days afterwards :P (glutes, that is... ;))

What book are you using? I have 'Melbourne Day Walks' which is quite good for directions, except for the whole 'head east' thing cos I ain't got no sense of direction :oops:
Just keep moving! And don't be lazy...
------------------------
SW: 74.3kg - 1/1/09
CW: 71.1kg - 3/5/09
GW 62kg
User avatar
milkyway
 
Posts: 4236
Joined: Wed Feb 07, 2007 3:11 pm
Location: Melbourne

Postby opal630 » Sun Nov 11, 2007 2:38 pm

milkyway wrote:I did a hike 2 weeks ago in Sherbrooke Forrest from Grant's picnic area and if it was the same one, there were some SERIOUSLY steep sections that just seemed to go on and on - the end was like a mirage... you'd get to the 'top' but the track veered around and continued up, up and up and then you'd think you were at the top again and it just kept going... it was REALLY steep! I had a sore butt for about 3 days afterwards :P (glutes, that is... ;))

What book are you using? I have 'Melbourne Day Walks' which is quite good for directions, except for the whole 'head east' thing cos I ain't got no sense of direction :oops:


I have Daywalks around Melbourne, the two are very similar.
The steep up sections were hard but then the really steep decline was hard on the other muscles too and the knees. Am going to keep doing it till it feels like a walk in the park, well it is a park but I mean like a very flat park with no hills. But as I was walking up the hills I was thinking oh I am so glad I did not attempt the thousand steps today, I am aiming to be up to that stage in January.
Image
First Mini Goal - 95 kilos: Done; Second Mini Goal - 90 kilos
SW: 102.8
CW: 93.8
GW: 56 -- reward = walking tour of Italy (my dream)
User avatar
opal630
 
Posts: 343
Joined: Sun Nov 04, 2007 1:00 pm
Location: St Kilda, Melbourne

Postby opal630 » Sun Nov 11, 2007 2:44 pm

oh and I know what you mean about directions, I still have to recite Never Eat Soggy Weetbix :lol:
Image
First Mini Goal - 95 kilos: Done; Second Mini Goal - 90 kilos
SW: 102.8
CW: 93.8
GW: 56 -- reward = walking tour of Italy (my dream)
User avatar
opal630
 
Posts: 343
Joined: Sun Nov 04, 2007 1:00 pm
Location: St Kilda, Melbourne

Postby Chelle » Sun Nov 11, 2007 6:15 pm

LOL I do that aswell "Never eat soggy weetbix"
Image
User avatar
Chelle
 
Posts: 3334
Joined: Fri Feb 09, 2007 7:31 pm
Location: Raymond Terrace - Newcastle

Next

Return to Daily Weight loss Pledge

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron