It is currently Fri Dec 09, 2016 4:43 pm

Free Newsletter

Lanies pledge

What do you promise to do today to help lose weight?

Moderator: Moderators

Lanies pledge

Postby lavender » Sat Jul 16, 2005 12:00 pm

I pledge today to substitute 4 cups of milk coffee with green tea, go for a walk, weed the garden, eat an apple instead of biscuits and have a vegie juice.

:roll: :roll: :roll:
lavender

Postby Maraver » Sat Jul 16, 2005 12:02 pm

Good girl can't drink Milky coffee, but my Mam used to love it, I do like the off Cappacino though, there will be no walking in Adelaide today its pouring down

Pam
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wcPPfC1/]
[/url]
Maraver

Postby Serena » Sat Jul 16, 2005 10:55 pm

That's a good pledge Lanie. I think I'll have to make up for going out tonight, so I pledge to drink green tea instead of coffee, eat healthy, pass on sweets and coke at sunday luch at mum's place, and do an extra workout even though I don't normally do workouts on weekends. Maybe a tae-bo workout. That should make up for it.
Serena

Postby Dolly » Tue Jul 19, 2005 3:07 pm

Lanie,
How are you managing at staying away from those biscuits and trading them for apples?
I purposely buy yucky biscuits I know I won't indulge in unless I'm desperate.

Dolly
Dolly

trading biscuits for apples

Postby lavender » Thu Jul 21, 2005 6:30 am

Dolly and Serena

Going ok on the apples instead of biscuits. I have resisted making any or buying any. If they are in the house sooner or later I eat them even yukky ones though it takes longer.

Had a chicken treat aussie burger tonight though which I'm regretting as I am up now at 4.00 am with indigestion. :cry:

Haven't bought scales yet. How did your weigh in go?

Lanie

Serena how are you going on the green tea and healthy eating? Iam having green tea but also still on the milky coffee too.
lavender

Postby Dolly » Thu Jul 21, 2005 7:47 am

Hi Lanie,
You're not the only one that can't sleep. It's 5:03am right now, I've been up for half an hour. The good part is I'm not getting up to eat.

be careful how much green tea you drink. I used to drink green and black tea's for their antioxidant benefits but then I read how much caffeine and fluoride they contain and thought I could get as much antioxidants in an apple instead.

http://www.mercola.com/2000/sep/10/gree ... hyroid.htm
The fluoride was used to slow down the metabolism in hyperthyroid patients.
I suppose for every bad thing you can find about a food or drink you can find a good thing, it's always so hard to know what to consume anymore.

Dolly
Dolly

Dolly green tea

Postby lavender » Thu Jul 21, 2005 8:12 am

Thanks for that info Dolly I have just looked it up, very interesting and definitely timely info for me.

Thanks for the reminder of Joseph Mercola's site. I have found it helpful at times before but you know havent thought of it for ages and go surfing the net for info, forgetting the sites I have found helpful in the past.

Sorry you cant sleep either, hope you dont have to do before school care today as well.

Lanie
lavender

Postby Maraver » Thu Jul 21, 2005 8:33 am

I saw you were all up early girls
I thought I was the only early riser
Pam
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wcPPfC1/]
[/url]
Maraver

Postby Dolly » Thu Jul 21, 2005 8:36 am

Yep it's time for me to have my fruit scented bubble bath before the rest of the family start getting up.
Then I have my 3 daycare boys to look after (two of them are over active and continually fight)

I'd better get to that bathroom, it's already 6:10am here in Perth
Will do our weigh-in when I get back.
toodles
Dolly
Dolly

Postby Serena » Thu Jul 21, 2005 12:39 pm

Not doing so well giving up the coffee. I am an addict and I recognise that I need to give up the caffeine but I just love coffee so much and it's the perfect way to start the day. My plan was to switch to green tea so I wouldn't get the withdrawals and then since I don't particularly like green tea I figured it would be easier to wean myself off. But it's so cold and I do love my coffee in the morning. I'm going to put that plan on the backburners for the moment. Maybe in summer I'll have another go because you don't always feel like a hot drink in summer.
Serena

Postby lavender » Sun Jul 24, 2005 10:27 pm

So relate to the coffee addiction Serena and I do like a decent cup, skim milk doesn't cut it really though I do have a milk cappacino plunger-pump-gadget that came with a packet of vittoria coffee.

Heating the milk in the microwave then pumping the plunger till I get nice frothy coffee is the only way I can tolerate skim milk.

I do think it would be a darn good thing to get off the coffee though, have done so at different times and go running back to it when I need quick energy.

Your'e right Serena it is probably easier in the summer to give up the hot drinks.
lavender

Postby Serena » Mon Jul 25, 2005 11:52 am

I hate skim milk too. What kind of fool deliberately went out of their way to invent such a vile thing? I drink lite milk. It's not full fat so it's better for you, though not as low fat as skim, but it still tastes like milk. You can even drink just a glass by itself without wretching.
Serena

Postby lavender » Mon Jul 25, 2005 9:39 pm

:lol: :lol: Serena I might try and wean myself off the full cream milk with the not so retching low fat one then.
lavender

Return to Daily Weight loss Pledge