It is currently Sun Dec 04, 2016 5:09 pm

Free Newsletter

Dolly's Pledge

What do you promise to do today to help lose weight?

Moderator: Moderators

Dolly's Pledge

Postby Dolly » Sat Jul 16, 2005 2:38 pm

Today I plan to chug down 6 to 8 glasses of water (not counting any tea's or coffee's I might consume)
I'm also going to try and stick with 3 meals per day instead of the metabolic mini meal idea which wasn't working for me.
It kept making me focus on food all day when all I really needed was to keep out of the kitchen.
Dolly

Dolly

Dolly's pledge

Postby lavender » Sat Jul 16, 2005 10:17 pm

Glad you mentioned the water Dolly . I have to remember to do the same. I'm not really on a plan but three meals a day sounds good to me. Its interesting that you say the mini meals made you think about food all day, I would find the same I'm sure.

Going to make a pot of vegie soup tomorrow and have that when I'm hungry. My weakness is toasted cheese and at night - biscuits. :cry:

Lets know how you go with the water and 3 meals a day.

lanie
lavender

Postby Dolly » Sun Jul 17, 2005 5:32 pm

Lanie, I almost managed to stay with three meals per day (with no snacking) and my water intake went well (but I had to line up my glasses of water, because I knew I wouldn't drink it unless I could see them all waiting for me on the kitchen bench.
As I mentioned, I almost didn't snack this weekend, I feel mad at myself that I actually dipped twice into the biscuit jar whilst visitors were here.
Oh well I can't allow one small mistake to destroy me.
[img]http://1000smilies.com/animated\transformer.gif[/img]
Dolly
Dolly

Postby lavender » Mon Jul 18, 2005 9:46 pm

Dolly

Your'e right its easy to let one indescretion get you down but you also made progress with the water and the meals. Its about setting ourselves up to succeed isnt it eg. the water on the sink?

I am still on the milky coffee but I have had the apples and went for another walk. I'm obviously not going to break any records but I think changing enabling habits ( too much Dr. Phil huh? ) to healthier choices a couple at a time has to help as long as they are permament changes. Made the big pot of vegie soup and thats been a great filler
without all the bread.

Keep it up Dolly looking forward to hearing about your weigh in.
lavender

Postby Dolly » Tue Aug 02, 2005 4:21 pm

I am hiding all the chocolate nibblies for my sons 21st birthday party on Saturday and I am going to follow my Easy Slim diet all day Wednesday (lets see if I can even succeed on the diet for one day)

Dolly
Dolly

Postby Dolly » Thu Aug 04, 2005 12:29 pm

Okay it's Thursday, I failed yesterdays plan but I'm going to try it again for today.

Dolly
Dolly

Return to Daily Weight loss Pledge