It is currently Sun Dec 11, 2016 8:57 pm

Free Newsletter

Eating breakfast!

What do you promise to do today to help lose weight?

Moderator: Moderators

Eating breakfast!

Postby Nikerz82 » Wed Jan 23, 2008 7:21 pm

This is a pledge I really need to make with myself and stick to. I must admit just recently I have been getting better but I do occasionally still skip breakfast. I know how naughty it is and I know it slows your metobolism and its the worst thing you can do because it stores the next meal by going into starvation mode ect ect, I know all this but sometimes in the morning Im so busy I get everything organised and everyone else feed and happy and forget about myself, bad I know but its going to stop from here on in. Each day im gonna check in and report breakfast, That way I keep myself liable to stick with my pledge!

:wink:
Nikerz82

Postby Fiona25 » Wed Jan 23, 2008 8:23 pm

Great pledge!

What about getting some of those sanatarium breakfast shakes so you can drink it on the go when you're really strapped for time? Absolutely no excuses then :D
Saying goodbye to calorie counting AND scales for a while.

Just enjoying the new and improved healthy me and embracing my new lifestyle!
Fiona25

Postby Nikerz82 » Thu Jan 24, 2008 12:13 pm

Great suggestion Fe ....Funny enough I seen them in coles yesterday, and was this close to buying them. Has anyone tasted them, are they yummy? This mornings breakfast is LF vanilla yogurt and strawberries.
Nikerz82

Postby Tummygirl » Thu Jan 24, 2008 1:32 pm

Well done Girlies for pledging to eat breaky. Most important meal for me :lol: Once your used to it you will love it :lol:
Cassie xox

Starting Weight 140 kg
Loss To Date 5 kg
Current Weight 135 KG
Tummygirl

Postby sassi » Fri Jan 25, 2008 8:45 am

Nikerz82 wrote:Great suggestion Fe ....Funny enough I seen them in coles yesterday, and was this close to buying them. Has anyone tasted them, are they yummy? This mornings breakfast is LF vanilla yogurt and strawberries.
i love up n go! well, i've only tried the chocolate one but they're really nice! they're great too if breakfast doesn't sit well in your stomach or i like them if have to get up really early for work or something & i don't feel like actually eating that early.

they're not cheap but they are on special fairly often :)
sassi

Postby ali76 » Fri Jan 25, 2008 2:18 pm

Nikerz...I'll pledge this with you too. It was a New Years Resolution that I've mostly stuck to so far....but I'm bad on weekends (normally go straight to the gym on an empty tummy :oops: ).

Up and Go's are quite nice - I've had the banana ones :-)

I used to go for Strawberries and yoghurt but the whole preparation put me off, now it's just cereal! I got a blender for Christmas so I could make my own smoothies...but again...preparation!! AUGH!!

Good luck!! We can do it! :P
SW - 75.9
CW - 68
Happy weight - 68 (I MADE IT!!!)
GW - 65 (for now - and until I conceive!)
ali76

Postby Fiona25 » Fri Jan 25, 2008 5:39 pm

Yay for you - well done on the yoghurt and strawberries :D

I used to NEVER eat breafast, like for YEARS (probably why my metabolism is so slow now :x ) but now that i'm used to it, I LOVE breakfast!

Here are some b/f menu suggestions that I found good to eat - coming from a person who used to never ever feel like b/f.

* Yogurt and fruit - I prefer berries of anykind, I also add a heaped teaspoon of LSA (linseed, soy, almonds) which is really good for you and sometimes some nuts as well.

* Special K and dried berry cereal - I use skim milk

* A piece of 100% rye bread toast (good for you unlike white bread, filling and full of fibre) with a small teaspoon of low fat peanut butter on it - works out not too bad in the calorie department and a piece of fruit with it

* A banana and a few raw almonds or cashews with every bite - chew em up together - yummy :P

* A breakfast bar, shake or these new yummy sanatarium things. They come in single packets in a big bag (like chips) but look like rice crackers and come in pancake flavour - yum! They're called "curios breakfast snack" and they come in a big blue bag.

Because I only ever used to have coffee, I started out with a banana and a coffee, then built up to eating more and cutting back from 3, to 1 coffee.

Fiona25

Re: Eating breakfast!

Postby Nikerz82 » Tue Jan 29, 2008 1:53 pm

Woohoo another pledger along side me, I love it! welcome naughty non breakfast eating gurl :wink: Thanks for all the suggestions guys.
I skipped breaky once since I made the pledge so pretty good so far. My problem is I am so not hungry in the mornings so while its not much I have been having a bannana or an apple instead of nothing at all.
I have some optifast vanilla shakes here that my partner was gonna go on, tried once and said noway, but weve paid like 50 bucks for the box so I figured I might aswell use em up. they dont taste the best but its easy to scull em down and then my bodys had something and im getting all my vitamins in too. so I had one of them for breakfast today.

anyways gotta go make lunch and get ready for a walk.

talk soon guys :D
Nikerz82

Postby Sussy » Fri Feb 01, 2008 1:54 pm

Hey mate,

I never used to eat brekky either, but now if i don't i'm absolutely STARVING. You'll soon get used to it, and then won't know how you ever didn't eat it before. :)
Sussy

Postby ali76 » Fri Feb 01, 2008 3:48 pm

I was the same as you Nikerz...the LAST thing I wanted to do in the morning was eat. The thought of food first thing would make my stomache turn!!

I've been pretty good so far....think I've had brekky every morning since the pledge. I'm normally still half asleep for the first 30 minutes I'm out of bed so hardly even notice when I've eaten breakfast now. It's still the weekends that are hard!!

Sticking to it though!
SW - 75.9
CW - 68
ali76

Postby Fiona25 » Sun Feb 03, 2008 9:09 pm

Hows it all going hun?

Fiona25

Postby ali76 » Mon Feb 04, 2008 12:03 pm

Oh boy...I really struggled on the weekend!!

I went to the gym yesterday at 9.30 but didn't get up until 8.45. I didn't want to have anything huge beforehand as I knew it would make me sick so I just had a quick museli bar....does that count?!

Weekdays seem to be going ok though...I just wish I was like most people and enjoyed breakfast!!!

How are you going with our 'task'!!

xo
SW - 75.9
CW - 68
ali76

Postby Nikerz82 » Thu Feb 07, 2008 10:18 am

Ok confession time... I skipped breakfast twice last week * nik squats and covers herself, waiting for the food to stop being thrown at her* lol This week has been successful so far. Im still only eating very light, But Im eating! Today I had a slice of toast with vegemite and no marg. Yesterday english muffin with vegemite, day before LF yogurt and monday was half a banana.

I think a muesli bar counts, its made from cereal and and some are topped with yogurt too! lol
Nikerz82

Postby ali76 » Thu Feb 07, 2008 10:24 am

You're a naughty girl!! Haha!

I was seriously thinking of you this morning....I was hanging out the washing before leaving for work and I just could not be bothered with breakfast!! Then I thought of the thread and blah, blah....forced it down my throat and felt quite pleased with myself!!

Still not enjoying it, but starting to get into the habit - with a few hard days like today!!

Why does breakfast have to be so important!?!?! :evil:
SW - 75.9
CW - 68
ali76

Postby ali76 » Mon Feb 11, 2008 3:34 pm

I've still not faltered!!

Strawberries and yoghurt this morning...! :mrgreen:
SW - 75.9
CW - 68
ali76

Next

Return to Daily Weight loss Pledge