It is currently Sun Dec 04, 2016 12:47 am

Free Newsletter

i pledge...

What do you promise to do today to help lose weight?

Moderator: Moderators

i pledge...

Postby sassi » Thu Feb 14, 2008 4:24 pm

that i will not post until i get under 91kg.

for months i have been hovering around the same mark & then this morning i had a peak at the scales & they said 93kg. i keep making pledges & statements and at the end of the day i'm just not doing enough to lose the weight. i feel like a complete fraud posting support for other people & offering advice but more often than not, not taking my own advice. i don't care that this is a hormonal week where i retain water - i should be doing enough to compensate & my weight should stay the same at most.

the support i have received on this forum has been amazing - and i actually do feel like i am letting those people & myself down.

so the time has come for me to stop talking (posting) and start doing. when i get up in the morning instead of reading & posting on here i will be exercising!

i love this forum so much it's probably the best motivator i could have! :lol:
sassi

Re: i pledge...

Postby Sussy » Thu Feb 14, 2008 4:27 pm

You'll do great Sassi, you sound really determined and you know where the problem lies so i reckon we'll be seeing you round here again in about a week or so. :wink: :)
Sussy

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Thu Feb 14, 2008 4:42 pm

While I'd normally support a weight loss pledge I'd recommend caution with this one! If you stop posting will you be tempted to drift away from the forum? There are heaps of forums I've taken a break from only to never return because 'out of sight, out of mind'. I don't know about you, but I'm finding a lot of motivation here and I'm finding that regular posting keeps me accountable. You don't want to cut off your nose to spite your face!

Most importantly I want you to stop feeling like a fraud! I've recently had a weight-loss plateau and I felt like an utter hypocrite for posting advice for others while I wasn't losing myself, but several wonderful people here snapped me out of that. If you have great advice share it, even if it's something you have troubles doing yourself. I've got some great tips from you in the past that have definitely helped me. Even if you're experiencing a slow weight loss yourself your advice is definitely helping others! And if you're having difficulties with weight loss at the moment, remember that someone else will be going through the same thing one day so you'll be able to help them in future even more.

If you want to use posting as a reward/punishment system for doing exercise maybe use it in a more immediate way that won't risk your drifting away from us. If you do your morning exercise then you're allowed to read and post to the forum! No forum until the exercise is done! That way we won't be deprived of your wonderful company, you won't be deprived of us, and yet you'll still have posting to the forum as a form or reward!

And if you're doing the exercise and still not losing the weight maybe you need to look at methods of beating a plateau. It might not be that you're not doing enough, it might just mean that you need to change what you're doing.

Good luck, Sassi!
EvilWombatQueen

Postby Fiona25 » Thu Feb 14, 2008 4:45 pm

Ohhhhhhh hurry up Sassi, I'll miss you!!!

Seriously hun, if you feel you aren't doing enough then doing more is GREAT and i'm so proud of you for wanting to step things up a notch BUT what about us :cry: we need you!!!

The support and advice you give out is great, so if you can spare us at least 5mins a day we'd be forever in your debt :P
Saying goodbye to calorie counting AND scales for a while.

Just enjoying the new and improved healthy me and embracing my new lifestyle!
Fiona25

Postby shelbel » Fri Feb 15, 2008 5:46 pm

Hey Sassi babe! Oh hun, you know we dont want you to go anywhere and even if the scales arent playing fair, you still have a lot of advice you can give people, you HAVE lost weight, you have struggled like all of us have and that to me means you have the right to comment on weightloss because you have been there. And you know what it takes. I can understand the way your feeling though, and if you really have to do it then ok i'll let you ( :D ) But hurry back before the start of the real footy season! :D

Will you still read? So at least your there in spirit! :D
Highest Weight - 93kgs
Current Weight - 68.3kgs
Goal Weight - 65kgs

The wise man Stephen King once said - The only way to go on, is to go on. To say 'i can do this' even when you know you cant

You'll find me in the almost there section :)
shelbel

Postby lng86 » Sun Feb 17, 2008 8:02 pm

I'm beginning to miss you!!!

Keep up the fantastic work...

And if you are reading this - move that little butt of yours faster... So that you can return as soon as possible!

I know that you'll be under 91 in no time at all!
To succeed you need to find something to hold on to, something to motivate you, something to inspire you - Myself (Lauren)
lng86

Postby shelbel » Sun Feb 17, 2008 10:08 pm

But, but, but sassi, essendon won last night, i have to talk about it with someone who cares!!!! :D
Highest Weight - 93kgs
Current Weight - 68.3kgs
Goal Weight - 65kgs

The wise man Stephen King once said - The only way to go on, is to go on. To say 'i can do this' even when you know you cant

You'll find me in the almost there section :)
shelbel

Postby milkyway » Sun Feb 17, 2008 10:15 pm

C'mon Sassi - we want your support and presence here regardless of what you weigh. Come back hun!!!
Just keep moving! And don't be lazy...
------------------------
SW: 74.3kg - 1/1/09
CW: 71.1kg - 3/5/09
GW 62kg
milkyway

Return to Daily Weight loss Pledge