It is currently Mon Dec 05, 2016 3:25 pm

Free Newsletter

No more Pepsi Max/Soft drink

What do you promise to do today to help lose weight?

Moderator: Moderators

No more Pepsi Max/Soft drink

Postby sparkee » Fri Jun 20, 2008 5:51 pm

My pledge is to not drink anymore of this stuff......I have tried before but to no avail but this time I am serious and I am sure I will feel all the better for it!
sparkee

Re: No more Pepsi Max/Soft drink

Postby PenM » Fri Jun 27, 2008 1:58 am

Yes, you should stop drinking those. mineral water is always better. Pepsi Max? I think it's not really low in calories.
PenM

Postby Tarz » Fri Jun 27, 2008 11:34 am

PenM wrote:Yes, you should stop drinking those. mineral water is always better. Pepsi Max? I think it's not really low in calories.

Out of everything basic water is better straight from the tap but you don't have to completely cut out things like pepsi max or cke zero. There is .3 calories in a can of pepsi max so yes you can have that every so often as a treat. Its things like regular pepsi and regular coke that need to be kicked out of the diet.
Tarz

Postby hippy_chick » Fri Jul 04, 2008 8:44 am

Well I say good luck to you!!
Slow & Steady Wins the Race!

I'm imformed, committed & consistant. I'm loving my body & working towards a sustainable body, the healthy way.

Persistance will set you free.
hippy_chick

Postby SEG » Tue Jul 08, 2008 9:59 am

What about Diet Coke ? I swapped from Coke to Diet Coke about 2 years ago ( use to hate the taste of diet and LOVED coke ) but now full strength coke gives me a headache.

Should I stop having diet cokes ? I read somewhere if you cut out all soft drinks you could potentially lose 15kgs in one year !

I keep telling myself one diet coke at lunch is my little vice for the day...

Sometimes water just doesn't do it for me !!!
If you keep doing the things you've always done, you'll keep being the person you always were
SEG

Postby Tarz » Tue Jul 08, 2008 10:56 am

well normal coke has like 200 cals in a can and diet coke has about 0.3 cals in a can. So if you were originally having 5 0r 6 normal cokes in a day and suddenly cut them out it would make a huge difference.
Tarz

Postby Claire » Thu Jul 24, 2008 7:50 pm

Found this on the internet. Regards, Claire.

There have been many studies done about diet soft drinks and so far they basically show that there is nothing good about them. They contain as much sodium, which can increase your blood pressure, as well as aspartame which has been linked with cancer more recently. Another problem of diet drinks is that they contain empty calories that are used to replace foods that you should be eating. As a former coke addict myself (diet coke that is :wink: ) I can testify to the addicting aspect of diet drinks. Most persons state they drink them to help them lose weight, when in fact, it tends to do the opposite. The high sodium in them causes water retention which shows as added weight on the scale. By drinking them instead of taking in the nutrients your body needs, your brain causes you to crave food because it needs the vitamins the foods contain, so your appetite actually increases. Also by drinking them you probably are not taking in enough water which is really what your body needs to flush out the toxins that develop through the digestive processes. I personally would recommend you at least cut down on the consumption if not eliminate it all together, which is what I did, because they have no redeeming qualities that I have found in my studies of them.
Kind regards,
Carolyn Merritt, LPN.
'Every day brings a chance for you to draw in a breath, kick off your shoes, and dance' - Oprah.

SW - 71KG
CW - 70KG
GW - 55KG

Claire

Postby carinna » Mon Jul 28, 2008 6:43 pm

Reading all this makes me really guilty. If there is one thing that I haven't been able to keep away from is soda. I don't drink it all the time but I do manage to down at least one can a day...and sometimes not the diet kind. Pepsi max tastes strange to me and it has this weird aftertaste! Anyone esle ever notice that? But OK, starting today (crossing fingers...)....
*Check out my BEFORE and AFTER pics*:
http://www.carinna.wordpress.com
**Comments are always welcome!**
carinna

Postby anthony88 » Sun Aug 03, 2008 11:05 am

well i love pepsi max i cant get enough of it and i know how mad its soposed to be but its so hard to stop drinking it.. i stopped drinking all normal soft drinks and just turned to pepsi max and now im addicted to it..

but i am going to start tryin to cut back to only 2-3 cans a week hopefully..

and na i dont get any wierd after taste..
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w14PlL0/]
[/url]

My First Goal is to be under 110kg reward=gym membership
Christmas '08, i will be under 100kg (BRING IT ON)
~~**IM NOW EATING TO LIVE, NOT LIVING TO EAT**~~
anthony88

Postby jessica86 » Sun Aug 03, 2008 2:45 pm

i tried to kick soft drinks too, i was addicted to pepsi max. ive given it up, i only have it on special occasions like at a bbq or something. Ive been having diet coke mostly lately.

i know how bad it is for me and should get rid of it, but its so hard. and compared to other things like smoking, which i dont do, it isnt as bad as that. plus when im craving a binge session, ill have a diet coke instead and that stops me binging. surely one can of diet coke is better then a binge of choccies & cakes & chips!

i usually make sure ive had at least 1.5-2 litres of water a day before i have a diet coke, so im still having water.

<3 jess
jessica86

Return to Daily Weight loss Pledge