It is currently Sat Aug 30, 2014 3:11 pm

Free Newsletter

Starting Again....

What do you promise to do today to help lose weight?

Moderator: Moderators

Re: Starting Again....

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Sun Nov 30, 2008 5:47 pm

I'll bet your gain is just because of TTOTM. I get the same thing. As to how long it lasts, well I find I retain water the week before TTOTM and usually that week as well! So half the month is a bit of a write-off when it comes to the scales! The important thing is to keep eating healthy food and keep exercising. That way you're still losing weight underneath all that water. And when you finally lose that extra fluid it seems like the scales jump down a few kilos overnight!

Glad you enjoyed your shopping. :D
EvilWombatQueen

Postby mumnbub » Sun Nov 30, 2008 5:49 pm

Do you measure yourself? the problem with weighing yourself is it also weighs the extra mucle and the fluid retention which is so much worse when it is TOM. Forget about the scales this week and see what happens next time- but do measure yourself, if feels so great to see the cm come off those trouble areas.

Glad to hear you had a great day out shopping, would have been great exercise :) Enjoy your weekend and dont panic about having some cake, you are aloud to have a treat every now and again- just have to control how much you have.

You are doing really well so keep on going
Start weight: 98kg April 2008
22/12/08- 80.7kg
29/12/08- 81.8kg
04/01/09- 81.6kg
12/01/09- 81kg
19/01/09- 80kg
09/02/09- 79.3kg
Next goal 75kg

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/waXaD9j/]
[/url]
mumnbub

Postby ali76 » Sun Nov 30, 2008 7:05 pm

Once again, I agree with Ali!!! Your gain would've only been because of TTOM - so really, under normal circumstances, you probably would've lost!!! Do I make sense?! :? :shock: :roll: :mrgreen:

Yah for mum / daughter days....I'm having one with my mum on Tuesday!!

xo
SW - 75.9
CW - 68
Happy weight - 68 (I MADE IT!!!)
GW - 65 (for now - and until I conceive!)
ali76

Postby Tarz » Mon Dec 01, 2008 9:46 am

Thats great that you had so much fun shopping with your daughter! 9.5 hours of shopping!!!! Thats increddible! Where your legs and arms falling off by the end!?! I know i'm usually dying by the end of a shopping trip with my mum.
Don't stress about the 200g gain, like the others said, most likely because its TTOTM.
Tarz

Postby Sussy » Sat Dec 06, 2008 8:18 pm

I HATE IT WHEN YOU WRITE A BIG SPEEL AND THEN IT DISAPPEARS INTO NOWHERE!!!! GRRRR :twisted:

Basically i wrote, yep all recovered and had a fantastic day. Hol had a great birthday on Monday too.

Can't believe it's less than 3 weeks till Christmas and less than 4 till NYE.... WOOHOO!!!!

Have been pretty busy lately with working extra and tafe and organising our OS holiday next year. But now tafe finishes on Tuesday (YAY), my boss comes back on Friday so i go back to my normal hours (yay) and the holiday is booked and paid for (YAY!!!) Can't wait, we're going away for over a month (April 5th - May 9th) to Spain-Barcelona (family), France - Paris (visit), Sweden-Stockholm (friend) and Denmark (family) with stop overs in Singapore there and back! Hopefully will be awesome but am very dubious about travelling with Lochie...children on planes are a pain in the ass at the best of times but now i'll have to try and deal with my own...GULP :shock: he'll be 21months when we go...hopefully between me, Stuart and Hol we can manage somehow.

Anyway hope everyone is good, ttom is gone again for another cycle anyway :roll: and guess when i'm friggin due next....right on NYE...grrr, but not much i can do about that, so just deal with it and move on...spew thing is that on NYE we have to wear all white....great. Oh well, just be aware...

Okay guys, better fly, am doing okay with the foody stuff and exercise is the same always...will weigh in again around Christmas and New Years, i have high hopes of good things, so fingers crossed. :D

Adios
Sussy

Postby Tarz » Mon Dec 08, 2008 3:09 pm

OMG that trip away sounds amazing!!!! I am extremely jealous.I'd love to go to all those place but i would also add austri in there. I'm sure Lochie will cope fine, Being that age he might go off your reactions during take off and landing, if you look scarred he will probably get upset, just try and laugh and distract him from whats going on and hope his ears will be fine. Whenever i am on a plane and see a toddler crying its cos the parents are acting really nervous and worried them selves.
Your right, not long till Chrissie now, i was shockled to hear that our work chrissie party is next week! wgich is most peoples last day of work or the year. Its gonna go so quick and we'll be suddenly into the new year.
Tarz

Postby Sussy » Thu Dec 11, 2008 1:39 pm

Tarz i would have done a world trip if we could afford it. Luckily for me i've been to Austria before and it is beautiful, but seeing as we were supposed to only be going to Spain and Denmark, i can't complain that i've managed to squeeze in 2 extra countries. :lol: I tell you what though, now really is not a good time to go OS, our dollar sux BIG TIME. :roll: But it's booked and paid and i can't wait. I;m sure Lochie will be okay, very exciting for him, he's just a very active little boy and i wonder how he's going to go having to sit still for such long periods of time. I'll found out soon enough i guess.

I was thinking about your wedding dress Tarz, you can look at mine if you like. I'm 175cm tall and weighed about 66-67kg when i got married. There's a couple of photos of it in the Photos section on here, but i can send you better ones where you can really see it properly if you want. Just a suggestion. It's a beatiful dress (well i think so hehe), very classic and simple but very elegant. It's ivory with a train, is A-line i think they call it and has a halter neck. Have to ask though, why do you want to wear ballet flats? Are you taller than your fiance or just for comfort? I wanted to be tall (my husband and family are very tall, with the family being basketballers) and also taller made me look slimmer. :D

Going okay with my food and exercise, i can't wait for Christmas and New Years, and am hoping the scales are going to be kind to me. Gulp. Anyway better fly......
Sussy

Postby Sussy » Mon Dec 22, 2008 7:27 pm

3 more sleeps WOOHOO!!!!

Weigh in on Christmas day (better do it in the morning coz the scales might not be so kind by the evening :lol: )

A bit concerned tho coz we have so many dinners, lunches and functions and i'm worried about my choices.

We have a work dinner tomorrow night, then Christmas day, then a boxing day do, then on Sunday lunch at my folks house and i'm trying to saty around 1500cals per day.

What would have more cals, pasta or risotto? I'm thinking i should probably just forget dessert :( and stay away from nibblies and finger foods as well as alcohol :roll: Hmmm, re-reading that it is all probably much easier said than done.....i'll do my best...sigh.
Sussy

Postby ali76 » Tue Dec 23, 2008 4:42 pm

Hey Suse!!

Glad to hear you're still going strong! As for pasta / risotto....not sure hun?! Depends whats in them - maybe check calorie king?

Don't worry too much about weight this time of year....enjoy it! I'm not saying go out and eat everything in sight, but it's a time to celebrate and enjoy life....so do it!

My butt's getting kicked into action on the 5th January...first work day back for most people and I'm starting it with a 7.15 circuit class!!

Have a wonderful Christmas hun...and cheers to a happy, healthy and successful 2009 :P

xoxoxox
SW - 75.9
CW - 68
ali76

Postby Sussy » Wed Dec 24, 2008 6:40 am

Thanks Al.

ONE MORE SLEEP!!! YEAH!!!! :D

I LOVE CHRISTMAS!

MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE, HOPE IT'S BEAUTIFUL, WONDERFUL & FANTASTIC!! STAY SAFE & ENJOY!! MWAH

XOXOXO
Sussy

Postby Sussy » Wed Dec 31, 2008 8:48 am

WoW, NYE is upon us. Hope everyone has a good one and a safe one, and wishing you all a fantastic 2009. :D xoxo

PS: I got to goal, now to try and maintain it....AAARRRGGGGHHHH
Sussy

Postby ali76 » Wed Dec 31, 2008 10:26 am

Sussy wrote:I got to goal, now to try and maintain it....AAARRRGGGGHHHH

OMG!!! Are you serious?!?! Suse, thats brilliant hun....congratulations! See, we knew you'd get there!!

What a way to finish the year!! :mrgreen:
SW - 75.9
CW - 68
ali76

Postby milkyway » Wed Dec 31, 2008 10:51 am

Way to go Sussy!!! And Happy New Year to you - what a great way to see it in :D
Just keep moving! And don't be lazy...
------------------------
SW: 74.3kg - 1/1/09
CW: 71.1kg - 3/5/09
GW 62kg
milkyway

Postby Sussy » Fri Jan 02, 2009 7:22 pm

Thanks gus and HAPPY NEW YEAR, hope you all had an awesome one and that it's an awesome year for everybody!!! :D xoxo
Sussy

Postby Sussy » Fri Jan 02, 2009 7:23 pm

Oops, i mean Thanks guYs....hehe :lol: :oops:
Sussy

PreviousNext

Return to Daily Weight loss Pledge