It is currently Fri Dec 09, 2016 2:54 pm

Free Newsletter

Sticking to my plan!

What do you promise to do today to help lose weight?

Moderator: Moderators

Sticking to my plan!

Postby SarahC » Thu Aug 21, 2008 1:09 pm

I think I've had a whinge on here before about my troubles with eating at my parents place. (They have so much tempting food there, that I don't have at home, so when I go there it's really hard to not pick and I always always overeat when I go there!)

Well, this is gonna be much worse...

My mum called me up early this monring to tell me that my grandfather (my dad's dad) passed away overnight :cry: :cry: So, I'm off from work very soon and off home to start getting packed up to go over there - I'll probably be there for about 4 days I think. It's going to be so hard to resist all the comfort foods!!! Last time, when my other grandfather passed away, it was an all out eating fest for me.. I just stuffed myself stupid!

I have been pretty good with my eating lately and just starting to see some results. And, I know that eating and eating is not going to make me feel any better. It is going to make me feel much worse!!! As if I wasn't upset enough already, I don't think I could handle any more upset-ness (sorry my english is not the best at the moment :( )

What I'm doing now (don't tell the boss) is getting my eating plan sorted, and before I leave I will have everything written down. So, the pledges for me will be:
1. Stick to the plan and eat only what's written down... and, do not binge!!!!!
2. Continue filling out my food diary on here (you guys will be able to see if I've stuffed up cos it'll all be in there!)

Wish me luck, I'm gonna need it :shock:
SarahC

Re: Sticking to my plan!

Postby Cac33 » Thu Aug 21, 2008 2:47 pm

Sorry to hear about your grandfather Sarah. I hope you can get through this hard time without turning to food. Not really sure what to say but just wanted to tell you my thoughts are with you. It's always hard loosing someone close to you.
Cass

SW: 108.3 (4Feb08)
CW: 96.1
GW: 70
Cac33

Postby carinna » Sat Aug 23, 2008 1:58 am

I'm a bit late, but my sympathies about your grandfather. I hope you are doing well and sticking to your pledge. Please update us when you're back.
*Check out my BEFORE and AFTER pics*:
http://www.carinna.wordpress.com
**Comments are always welcome!**
carinna

Postby SarahC » Wed Aug 27, 2008 4:04 pm

Thanks Cass and Carrina for your kind words :)

It went pretty average eating-wise. I couln't think properly enough to do up a whole plan for the weekend, so just did it day-by-day. But I still managed to exceed my calories by a LOT, and ate far too many carbs and other items from my parents stash :(

Only good thing is I managed 90 mins of cardio each day, not that I think it did me any good :roll:

Anyway, just dragging myself back up onto the wagon now, so hopefully I can at least undo the damage over the next few days.... (fingers crossed!!)
SarahC

Return to Daily Weight loss Pledge