It is currently Sat Dec 03, 2016 3:34 pm

Free Newsletter

Serena's New Pledge

What do you promise to do today to help lose weight?

Moderator: Moderators

Serena's New Pledge

Postby Serena » Sun Aug 07, 2005 11:40 am

We are starting the CSIRO diet tomorrow. I have been having a read and it's really appealing to me. It's not the typical 'high-protein, low-carb' diet like I thought it was - it's actually really well balanced and the foods seem to be everyday, readily accessible foods that we would normally eat anyway. Darren's going to do it too, but apparently the 'no beer' rule won't be applying although he has said that he will try to cut back and he's going to swap real coke for diet (finally I get to find out if it's the caffeine or the sugar that he's addicted to!) and he's going to get up earlier and have proper breakfast. I'm kind of amazed at how much he's committing to it, even though he wouldn't have more than 10kg to lose. That'll be extra incentive for me to try harder too. I'm quite excited. Weight Watcher's has never appealed to me this much. Wish me luck folks!
Serena

Postby Dolly » Sun Aug 07, 2005 12:35 pm

Serena, how exciting having Darren join you on the diet.
I'll be keen to hear how much you both lose each week.

Dolly
Dolly

Postby Serena » Mon Aug 08, 2005 10:44 am

The CSIRO diet is being postponed till next Monday. We had a big think about it and we had a big grocery shop last week so there's lots of food in the house that might be wasted if we don't use it and also it will give me a chance to read throught the whole book before we start, then I'll be ready to field all the questions Darren asks me (he's probably spent more time looking at the book than me but he's more of a skimmer than a reader). So I'm not piking and I'm not looking for excuses to eat junk as we'll still be eating healthily, we're just not quite ready this week. My parents and my brother and sister are also thinking about going on it. I took my book over to lunch yesterday and everyone had a good look. Maybe if we all start next week then Sunday lunch won't be an inconvenience to the diet, because everyone needs to eat the same thing. And then it'll be interesting to compare how much weight we all lose on the same diet.
Serena

Return to Daily Weight loss Pledge