It is currently Mon Dec 05, 2016 3:19 am

Free Newsletter

?

What do you promise to do today to help lose weight?

Moderator: Moderators

?

Postby Sussy » Wed Jun 24, 2009 1:31 pm

Don't know what to call this, i want to make a pledge, but i want to stick to it and the way i've been going lately i keep falling off the wagon. :( :roll:

So i have to do ONE DAY AT A TIME, and today is DAY 1: which unfortunately isn't over yet so i might still stuff up......

SO far though i have

had my breakfast and some fruit and pretzels and water, water, water of course.
have done 100 squats
few arm weight exercises (not much i'm not overly fussed about this area, but it's just something for me that i don't mind doing)
20min run on treadmill
25min walk with son in pram
17 min run on tready.

Bit hungry now too.

Did a bit of research and added up my daily cal intake and found that generally day to day it's around 1250, therefore i think if i wanted something extra i could get away with it to bring it up to 1500-1550, considering the amount of daily exercise i do.

My list of possibilities is one of the following:

-Big cup of milo (more milo than milk :wink: ) 250
-2 Freddo's (prob Strawberry, Rainbow Chip &/or Plain) 200
-2 pieces toast/bread 250
-Bowl of soup 200
-2 Tim Tams 200
-1 x Choc bar : Snickers, Picnic, Kit Kat, Dairy Milk Rolls etc 280
-70g Lolly Gobble Bliss Bombs 250
-Bowl of Fruit Salad 225
- Drumstick icecream 250
- Cornetto icecream 250
- Gaytime icecream 250
- Medium box of movie popcorn 250
- Macca's Regular Sundae 330
- 50g Rice Snax, Rice wheels etc 200
- Large killer boa/python 200
- 10 red frogs 250
- 16 lollies (handful) 250
- pkt of fruit pastilles, mentos, skittles etc 200
- 2 pots of diet yogurt 150
- Cinnamon donut 200
- Jam Donut 250
- Iced donut 270
-Apple Cake ? (400) eek
-Caramel Slice 270
- Choc Brownie 280
- Tart 200

This will always have to be a nightime snack as i know if i have it during the day then i will crave more sweet stuff throughout the rest of the day basically sabotaging myself and setting myself up for failiure.

I know the majority of these aren't healthy or good snacks but i'm hoping it will curb my desire to binge from deprivation.

FINGERS CROSSED................. I also know i don't have to have these EVERY day, just if i'm struggling.
(This all sounds good in theory....)

"SAVE YOURSELF THE GRIEF AND JUST DO IT"
Sussy

Re: ?

Postby Sussy » Thu Jun 25, 2009 9:00 am

Day 2:

Success for day 1 (and no extra snack)..... now to get through day 2.

Have just done 100 squats
bit of arm weights
20min run on tready. Tell you what running is SO MUCH HARDER with the extra kg's..... :roll:

Will continue to update throughout day. My parents are coming for lunch on Sunday so this will be a big challenge....just have to be sensible, be sensible, be sensible. No to continue on today....

SAVE YOURSELF THE GRIEF AND JUST DO IT!!!!!

(slim & healthy, slim & healthy, slim & healthy - say it, see it, do it!)
Sussy

Postby Sussy » Thu Jun 25, 2009 7:02 pm

went for 20min walk with Lochie in the pram, and another 20min on tready when he napped.

Food - good, just getting my dinner now (cooking) and i'll eat that then have an apple and should be within my range again for today (1200-1300)...however Sunday looms.... :shock: (and then Tuesday, girls day out with my daughter - out for lunch then to see The Proposal) Hope i'm not sabotaging myself.

My birthday is in October and i want to be at my goal by then. We are going on a special night out and i want to look and feel good....I'm sure i can do this, and i don't want to go out feeling fat...i hate that, i feel so self conscious and ruin my night because of it.
Sussy

Postby Sussy » Fri Jun 26, 2009 8:36 pm

Day 3

34mins on tready,
100 squats
tiny bit of arm weights

Work all day today so only a bit of exercise & only able to eat the food that i take with me, which is a good thing.

Good cals, around 1250-1300. Bring on tomorrow.....

SAVE YOURSELF THE GRIEF AND JUST DO IT!!

I CAN DO THIS & I WILL DO THIS!!! picture this - slim&healthy, slim&healthy, slim&healthy
Sussy

Postby Shalimar » Fri Jun 26, 2009 10:08 pm

Love the mantra Sussy :) .

SW: 175.0 kgs.
CW: 62 kgs-Hit goal 12 September 2009.
Shalimar

Postby Sussy » Wed Jul 01, 2009 2:34 pm

Hmmm, trying to be positive and visualise the way i want to look.

Have been off the wagon yesterday and Sunday (did average on Monday), which i figured as much. MUST get back on!!! I felt really crap on Sunday and came here and was trying to post all day but it would'nt let me, then i tried on Monday too and nothing. It said "forbidden" or some garb. I weighed myself on Sunday and thought there would've have been some sort of action but there was nothing and i felt cheated, disheartened and discouraged, and like 'what's the point'. I must have done more damage than i thought, but hopefully if i can stick with it i WILL get there.

Anyway i'm here today and i'm trying so hard to behave. Even looking at things in a positive light (coz i'm a pessimist from way back) like not looking at the things i'm giving up but the things i'm going to gain, and that this is a good thing, it's good to be trim and healthy, active and confident. I will feel better, look better, be better. C'mon Suse DO THIS!!!!

SO far have done my squats, arms and did 37mins on tready then another 17mins (it's too bloody cold and awful to go outdoors :x My biggest excuse and deterrent) and have had breaky some fruit and rice snax! Am hungry though and can't wait for dinner, think i'll have it early coz when i try to have it late i get too hungry and give-in. I used to have it when Lochie went to bed so i could eat in peace, but now he goes to bed later and i can't wait that long, needless to say he doesn't leave me alone :roll: Only 4.5 hours till dinner...sigh (vegie lasagne tonight yumm and a milo :D ) i used to have an apple afterward but i need to satisfy my sweet chocolate craving, so i think milo is in order.

Hope i can make it through the rest of the day.......C"MON DO THIS!!!

Slim & healthy, slim & healthy, slim & healthy.
Sussy

Postby Miss Jo » Wed Jul 01, 2009 3:14 pm

Hey Sussy,
YOU CAN DO IT!
I seem to have the same problem as you - I easily get disheartened and lose my way! :roll:

How much do you weigh?

My goal is broken down to smaller goals (which are only in my head, otherwise it will be too overwhelming for me to process)

Maybe we can cheer each other on?

Jo
xx
1st GW: 64kg
Final GW: 60kg

Postby Sussy » Thu Jul 02, 2009 9:49 am

Hey Jo,

sounds like a plan! :D It's great to have someone to talk too. motivate you, and even compete with :wink: and i notice you are already up on me...hehe

I seem to go okay once i'm going, but if i break from routine i really struggle to get back on the horse.
At the mo i'm 77.3 :oops: which really sux coz i got to goal at the end of last year (and a lil less) so now
i'm just trying to get back to 71 (which i desperately desperately want) or even 72 but at this point any loss would be grand. I'm 175cm too. How tall are you?

Anyway i made it through yesterday so that gives me the motivation to get through today and something 'longy' said to me keeps
ringing loud and clear in my head, and that was "if i make this choice (good or bad) is it going to get me closer to my goal?"
Yesterdays cals were about 1400...and i thoroughly enjoyed my big cup of milo :wink:
Today have done
100 squats
arm weights
22mins on tready
just off to have brekky.
Sussy

Postby Miss Jo » Thu Jul 02, 2009 11:03 am

Ohhh no, I am definitely not up on you! This is my goal... for now. If you look at my other threads I actually want to get back down to 55kg. :) It's just when I set that as my goal - it was too overwhelming, so small baby steps for me first.

I'm 165cm :D so i am officially overweight :?

WOW before 9 and you have done all that? You are definitely motivated!!! well done!!!

Postby Sussy » Thu Jul 02, 2009 1:11 pm

Haha, i try to get most of my exercise out the way before Lochie gets up otherwise i can't do it when he's around (he's 2)- well the treadmill part (the important part) anyway.

I am officially overweight too by 1 freakin kilo apparently, i don't really go by that thing though. more about how i feel and if i think about it, that is based on men & women's weight/ height and men usually weigh more than women so i should probably weigh less than 76kg to be within a female healthy weight range...make sense?

I can't believe you're classed as overweight, my daughter (who is 14) is 165cm and weighs 62kg and she is a stick figure, very slim and flat tummied who wears bikinis and whatever else she likes, and you're not far off from that, so if you get down to 55kg you'll be hardly even there. :D Who makes these stupid categories anyway :wink:

Have gone for a 20min walk with Lochie this morning and just about to do 15min run on tready while he's napping...struggling though, it's SOOOO cold and wintery outside and i just want warm, hearty, fill me up make me feel good food....and chocolate, but i know if i have it i'm right back to square one and i will feel very guilty & bad about myself :roll:

Anyway better fly, gonna go and have a quick read about you in your post.
Take it easy....and bring on tonight and my cup of milo...haha :lol:
Sussy

Postby Miss Jo » Thu Jul 02, 2009 1:21 pm

ahh I see - I would love to be able to get up and hit the workout in the morning... I love my sleep too much and can be selfish hehe no kids yet!

Yeah I don't really think that the BMI thing is 100% accurate, I don't think I look overweight... maybe a little meaty :wink: I think I weigh more than i look too because I have a fair bit of muscle (I used to looove doing weights at the gym and still do tkd 3 times a week) I mean I still go to the pools and beach in a bikini lol - I think I look ok... gosh i hope so :shock:

The reason I want to get back down to 55 is because I was 55 in 2006, looked and felt awesome. I'm thinking now though 55 might be tooo skinny! So 60 would be a dream! Focussing on 64 for now! :wink: Small baby steps :D

That's great that you do your exercise throughout the day! NO CHOCOLATE!!!!!!!

Mmmmm Miloooo - enjoy it!!! :D

Postby Sussy » Fri Jul 03, 2009 1:54 am

Stuffed up royally,

couldn't control myself and caved!!!! I hate this, why is it so freakin hard? It's a mental thing, i need to get my head around it. I get peed off with people who say "just don't eat that" or "just cut back" or just do a bit more". If it was that friggin easy i'd be doing it...WE ALL WOULD!!!! We all know what we should be doing, it's a matter of actually doing it. I WILL DO THIS!!!!! I WILL!!!!!

Right now i'm so full of sugar that i can't sleep, my skin is itchy and my heart is palpitating, and the worst thing is it was all self induced. GRRRRRRRRRR :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: I knew i'd feel like this, so why did i do it????? Stupid, stupid, stupid!!! Good work idiot and now i have to get up in 4 hours for work...FANTASTIC!!!

Anyway i am going to wallow in my own stupidity a bit more, and beat myself up more and wonder how do i do this and succeed, then try and get to sleep.

Tomorrow (or today) i will start over & try again and hopefully start to get on track and make some headway....C"MON, i KNOW I CAN DO THIS!!!

IN a couple of weeks it's Lochie's b'day and we're having a big joint do for him, my hubby, my dad, my bro-in-law and my nephew's birthdays and i want to look half way decent and then on Aug 1st we have a big 30th and 40th celebration to attend, surely i can get my act together. JUST DO IT!!!''

Save yourself the grief and just DO IT!!!!!
Sussy

Postby Miss Jo » Fri Jul 03, 2009 10:18 am

OH Sussy, It's ok. Just get back on track today!
Remember how bad you felt last night? you don't wanna go through that again!!!

Everyday is a new day hun... you can do it!

Postby Miss Jo » Thu Jul 09, 2009 1:14 pm

Hey Sussy - where have you been hiding?!

Return to Daily Weight loss Pledge