It is currently Thu Dec 08, 2016 6:55 pm

Free Newsletter

Ally's pledge Saturday 9/9

What do you promise to do today to help lose weight?

Moderator: Moderators

Ally's pledge Saturday 9/9

Postby Ally » Fri Sep 08, 2006 9:16 pm

I am going to put my little bad food choice out of my head and watch what I eat even more closely over the next couple of days. I am going to cook my hubby and I something really nice for dinner (as it is just the 2 of us....our 4 children are on sleepover weekend with their uncle and nana). I am going to go through my cookbooks tonight and decide. Scott and I are also going to do the river walk tomorrow, (I can then take some more off the walking/riding challenge!!). This would be my pledge for Saturday!!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wGLHYSm/]
[/url]
Ally

Postby Dolly » Fri Sep 08, 2006 10:18 pm

sounds like well utilized time whilst the kids are away.
Dolly

Postby kate_turner2000 » Sat Sep 09, 2006 7:33 am

well done ally, nice decisions there :) let us know what you make for dinner!!
kate_turner2000

Postby KimE » Sat Sep 09, 2006 8:16 am

Good planning Ally. You and Scott have a lovely weekend together. :D
Kim - To thine own self be true
Maintainence since 04/11/06
Preferred Weight - Under 60 kgs
Current Weight - 64.8 kgs
Start Weight - 85 kgs
KimE

Postby Ally » Sat Sep 09, 2006 8:21 am

thanks Kim, we shall :wink:
[/url]
Ally

Postby Mandie » Sat Sep 09, 2006 12:38 pm

That sounds great Ally, good luck!

Post the recipe of whatever you cook so we can all have a go!

You've inspired me to go write my own little pledge for today now...
Mandie

Postby Ally » Sat Sep 09, 2006 8:27 pm

Thanks guys for all the kind words of support...well I did do it, I went on the river walk with hubby. It was great to huff and puff away with no kids. Just being able to talk to Scott (between short gasping breaths......naw just kidding!!! LOL) without the kids going mum this and dad that was great! Did 1.8 kms all up.
[/url]
Ally

Postby kate_turner2000 » Sat Sep 09, 2006 8:44 pm

8) too cool ally! its important that you guys get time alone together, and i bet the kids are having a ball with their nan and uncle :) scott sounds like he is really supportive :) is he eating healthier options now too?
kate_turner2000

Postby Ally » Sat Sep 09, 2006 9:06 pm

Hi Kate, I guess this has been where I am really fortunate as Scott has always supported me. Every one eats what I eat basically. I don't cook separate meals as I find I am never out of the kitchen. If Scott and the kids have maccas i now choose to have one of there healthy choice menu, if they have cranstons pies I have a lean cuisine, but apart from that we all eat the same. I just make all the dinners serve 8 (there are the 6 of us) and then I give Scott 2 portions and the children and I have one. I then save the other portion for my lunch the next day or I pop it in the freezer. This way I know that my children are learning healthy eating habits from a young age and it will just become second nature to them. Scott also has to watch his diet as even though he is naturally thin with a super-charged metabolism, there is a history of heart disease in his family. His dad passed away when he was 51. We have to keep an eye on our kids as well as it passes through each generation. So healthy eating is a bonus for all of us I guess!!
[/url]
Ally

Postby kate_turner2000 » Sat Sep 09, 2006 9:27 pm

thats awesome ally :) mick is skinny too and short lol, he has a fast metobolism and can eat whatever. i have noticed though that he is eatiing more good stuff like fruit and i make him eat lunch and breakfast on the weekends because he will go all day then pig out on chippies because he feels sick from not eating. he is great though and always eats what i put in front of him- cept one time i made apricot chicken and it didnt take his fancy! lol. i also make extras when i cook for me and mick and i mash that and put it in the fridge for heidis meals the next day. i used to freeze stuff for her but it never looked the same as it does if it has only been in the fridge- and we cook vegies every day anyway so there is always a supply handy. she loves her solids. ive had her on solid feeds since she was about 8 weeks old. -an early starter. today at the bbq she had a sausage hehe. i even peel and apply and let her suck on it whole and she really enjoys that. being a child care worker i worked in a centre where parents had to pack their childrens lunches and although there were policies on healthy lunches some parents would still pack lollies and coke in drink bottles etc for 2-3 year olds. some parents were really imaginative though and would pack crackers with cabanossi and cheese, grapes and a bottle of water and a sandwich. i strongly believe in role modelling to children, asw a parent if you can give them a good start in life with healthy options then i reckon you have done a great job :) once they leave the roost though it is up to them to make the right decisions regarding their nutrition but i think with guidance from early on you have done the best job that you can for your children :)

sorry for rambling!!!
kate_turner2000

Postby chubbybubby » Sun Sep 10, 2006 2:38 pm

Good on you Ally! I hope you had a gorgeous kid free afternoon (sometimes you really need them :P ) and a beautiful dinner xx
chubbybubby

Postby Ally » Sun Sep 10, 2006 7:18 pm

oh yep yep yep we had a great kids free time!! it was lovely. thanks for all your warm wishes every one 8)

Hey Kate what is it about men and fruit with meat??? LOL. Scott or any of my 3 brothers don't eat fruit with their meat, they all reckon that it is strange!! LOL.
[/url]
Ally

Return to Daily Weight loss Pledge