It is currently Sun Dec 11, 2016 9:25 am

Free Newsletter

Garfield's pledge - not to eat whatever my boyfriend does

What do you promise to do today to help lose weight?

Moderator: Moderators

Garfield's pledge - not to eat whatever my boyfriend does

Postby Garfield » Thu Sep 14, 2006 7:34 pm

Tomorrow I'm going to go and spend a few days with my boyfriend. It's always a recipe for disaster. He eats a lot of takeaway. He also has much larger servings than I usually would because he's tall and fairly active, plus just being a guy.
So I am not going to just eat the same as him like I usually do. I'm not eating any fast food, even if I have to resort to actually cooking :shock: and I'm going to eat little woman sized portions, not big man sized ones.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
[/url]
Garfield

Postby Ally » Thu Sep 14, 2006 7:49 pm

good pledge Garfield you can do it. (if you don't feel like cooking jump on down to Subway and grab yourself a six inch with the low fat grams!!) my hubby has to eat huge portions so that he doesn't lose weight (oh what a couple we make) so I know how hard it is for you mate to watch those portion sizes, but you CAN do it!!! Best of luck!!!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wGLHYSm/]
[/url]
Ally

Postby FatGarfield » Fri Sep 15, 2006 1:54 pm

Hi Garfield,
You can do it. Last night my best friend brought over 2 yummy spinach big pies. I said that I am not having it. My boyfriend put that in front of me. Just for taste, I had 2% of the pie. I know that if I eat the whole pie, that will go my entire diet plan and I will be the only person whose weight never goes down. You guys are doing so great, all the time, 3 kilos down, 5 kilos down. Now I am only 1 kilo down, previously after it is 2 kilos down, then it is back to square one. Hopefully this time, I can join you guys and have some progress. It is so exciting to see people dropping dress size, losing tonnes of weight... I want to be part of that too...

Let's be strong together over this weekend.

FatGarfield

Postby Garfield » Fri Sep 15, 2006 3:39 pm

So far so good...
He asked if I wanted to go to KFC for lunch... I resisted temptation and had a cup-o-soup. He ended up having Red Rooster and I was sooo tempted to have a few of his chips, but I didn't.
[/url]
Garfield

Postby kate_turner2000 » Fri Sep 15, 2006 4:14 pm

:) WELL DONE! its so easy for someone to just offer take away to you, and it is hard to turn down at first, and it always seems like you get offered 'naughty' foods when people know you are trying to lose weight and make a healthy start with the rest of your life. keep up the great work!
kate_turner2000

Postby Puffer » Fri Sep 15, 2006 6:46 pm

Good work and good luck Garfield... I know how incredibly hard this one is!
Puffer

Postby Ally » Sat Sep 16, 2006 7:25 am

good on you Garfield! You stick to your guns!! Even if you do choose to have takeaway Maccas, red rooster and kfc all offer some healthy options now, so you know that if you do fancy it, you can have it and know that it is not going to blow the hard work that you put into losing weight!!!

I know what you mean Kate about being offered food when you are trying to lose weight. People get snooty sometimes!! It is like rubbing it in your face 'cause you can't eat crappy food, if only they realised what they were doing to themselves!! Just because people are thin doesn't mean they are healthy!!!
[/url]
Ally

Postby Garfield » Sat Sep 16, 2006 10:04 pm

Still going ok...
We went out for lunch today. We went to Hogsbreath, which was nice because I hadn't eaten there before. He got this massive steak thing that was bigger than his head (not really, but it was huge) and chips. I got this grilled salmon thing with ceasar salad. There was a lot of it, but I didn't have a big dinner, so I think it should all work out ok.
[/url]
Garfield

Postby Ally » Sun Sep 17, 2006 6:30 am

oh dear...steak bigger than his head LOL well that provided a few giggles!!!!! Mental images abound.

That sounded like a yummy dinner (yours not his!!). Congrats on a sticking to your pledge matey!!
[/url]
Ally

Postby KimE » Sun Sep 17, 2006 9:48 am

You've done really well Garfield. I also got the mental image of 'steak bigger than his head' and had the giggles.
Kim - To thine own self be true
Maintainence since 04/11/06
Preferred Weight - Under 60 kgs
Current Weight - 64.8 kgs
Start Weight - 85 kgs
KimE

Keep up with the good work

Postby FatGarfield » Sun Sep 17, 2006 3:16 pm

Hi Garfield,
So proud of you that you are standing firm. I understand how hard it is to resist offers of yummy fatty food that will destroy our weight loss program and make us look stupid when it is time to write down our weight. I am having some cakes etc but in the last 4 days, I have increased my exercise by twice and I have started weighing my lunch and dinner (about 250g in total). I do not have significant weight loss yet (still having some goodies) but at least the portioning of food starts to show its effect.

Let's encourage each other and lose some weight...
Cheers... from FatGarfield.
FatGarfield

Postby Garfield » Sun Sep 17, 2006 9:12 pm

Thanks everyone.
FatGarfield, I find that doing more exercise is one of the most effective things for me. It seems to affect my weight loss more than what I eat does. Well done with your exercise... if you are like me that should be fine. Be careful increasing it too much at once though, you don't want to do yourself an injury.

Well, the weekend is over. I caved a little today. We went to the cinemas to see Snakes on a Plane. I know it sounds like a stupid name for a movie and it looks dumb in the ads, but it wasn't actually that bad. I jumped about 10 times (I wonder if that counts as exercise?) But anyways, the point was that my boyfriend was having coke and popcorn and stuff and it doesn't feel right to be at the movies without a snack. I had a bottle of water and lollipop. So it could have been a lot lot lot worse.

I feel like I kept this pledge fairly well :D
[/url]
Garfield

Postby kate_turner2000 » Mon Sep 18, 2006 7:18 am

thats great garfield well done!!! i have heard abit about that snakes on a plane and how a lot of it was made due to internet users creating the storyline and even the theme song etc. i think its quite interesting :) hehe.

good girl for sticking to your pledge :)
kate_turner2000

Postby Dolly » Mon Sep 18, 2006 10:49 am

Well done with that movies snack Garfield.
another good movie snack is

Jelly Snakes

1/2 cup hot water

1 packet diet jelly crystals

1 packet gelatine

Make jelly and then add gelatine, pour onto a dinner plate. Allow to set and then cut into thin strips like snakes
(just think you could even have 3 colours going :D )
Dolly

Postby Garfield » Mon Sep 18, 2006 4:51 pm

Thanks Dolly, sounds yummy. I'll try making some next time :D
[/url]
Garfield

Return to Daily Weight loss Pledge