It is currently Sun Dec 04, 2016 7:15 pm

Free Newsletter

My pledge for this week

What do you promise to do today to help lose weight?

Moderator: Moderators

My pledge for this week

Postby Puffer » Fri Sep 15, 2006 3:04 pm

Until 22nd September... no takeaway! None! I ate so much takeaway last week, and I need to get out of the habit, I used to eat takeaway 2-4 times a week, and I need to break the habit!
Puffer

Postby kate_turner2000 » Fri Sep 15, 2006 3:26 pm

good luck mate, i believe you can do it :)
kate_turner2000

Postby Garfield » Fri Sep 15, 2006 3:31 pm

Nice pledge. It's so easy to get into the habit of eating takeaway all the time. Good luck with it.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
[/url]
Garfield

Postby KimE » Fri Sep 15, 2006 7:16 pm

Good luck Christina.

If you are getting take aways due to convenience you could substitute for some frozen meals, lean cuisine or the like that would probably be the same or less cost wise.
Kim - To thine own self be true
Maintainence since 04/11/06
Preferred Weight - Under 60 kgs
Current Weight - 64.8 kgs
Start Weight - 85 kgs
KimE

Postby Garfield » Fri Sep 15, 2006 11:57 pm

^^ hm... if it's for convenience you could try the steam fresh veggies that are out... they come in little bags and you just microwave for 3 minutes. Chat potatos can also be microwaved, then all you need is some kind of meat if you can be bothered (I usually can't).
This often works out cheaper than frozen meals, unless they happen to be on special. On the down side, it's not as tasty :(
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
[/url]
Garfield

Postby Ally » Sat Sep 16, 2006 7:27 am

those steam fresh veg are excellent! I keep a bag of the broccoli, carrot and snap peas one in the freezer to have alongside a lean cuisine.

You can do it Christina, just get through one meal at a time!! you will be surprised how quickly the time will go!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wGLHYSm/]
[/url]
Ally

Postby Puffer » Sat Sep 16, 2006 7:14 pm

Well I had takeaway today, but it doesnt count :p

I had a really gruelling day of assessment, and didn't have time this morning to bring lunch. I went to a bakery/take away type shop and despite being told that the big flakey vegetable pastry thing was divine, I had a toasted chicken, avocado, bacon and lettuce roll. It was no bigger than a roll you would buy from coles, and the ingredients were what I would have at home anyway. So I made the very best of a bad situation, and I don't think I really broke my pledge.

I was sooo tempted to get take away tonight, I am exausted, but instead I made an omlette and yummo it was the best thing I have had in a while!
Puffer

Postby kate_turner2000 » Sat Sep 16, 2006 7:21 pm

:D that sounds ok to me christina. if you wouldve made that at home then that is good :) its better than the pastry!! well done with the omlette too. wish someone would come here and make me a delicious omlette!
kate_turner2000

Postby Ally » Sun Sep 17, 2006 6:28 am

WEll done Christina!! No I doubt that is classed as takeaway. You did good! I believe it is all about the choices we make and that was a good choice. Yes the flaky pastry thingy would have no doubt been nice, but think of all the fat and calories you would have consumed!!

I don't know if you like the ready meals, like lean cuisine, but try and keep 2-3 of them in your freezer and a packet of steam fresh veg and you have a quick healthy meal on hand quicker than it takes to get takeaway (particulary if you have a microwave! :P )

Keep up the great work matey!!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wGLHYSm/]
[/url]
Ally

Postby kate_turner2000 » Sun Sep 17, 2006 7:56 am

just in regards to the steam fresh vegies. whilst i was shopping today i came across the actual steam bags that you can buy- think theyre from like 'glad wrap' people and you can put vegie sin there to steam. :) theyre in the aisle with the al foil and snap lock bags etc. i actually just use my kanbrook steamer to make steamed veg but for convenience the steam bags would be great :)
kate_turner2000

Postby KimE » Sun Sep 17, 2006 9:54 am

Thanks for that Kate I will look out for them, can they be re-used I wonder. Or maybe I should buy a microwave steamer thingy :roll: that's the technical term by the way. :lol:

I think you did great Christina on your choice from the shop and that's the thing you can still buy foods from these places but make you choices a better one.
Start Weight - 85 kgs
KimE

Postby kate_turner2000 » Sun Sep 17, 2006 11:49 am

im not sure kim, i didnt pick the box up and look at it lol. *blonde* but they look like a good idea. i brought my kanbrook steamer at woolies when they were on specil for $29.95 and theyre usually $39.95. i would have paid $39.95 for it though becaus i use it nearly every day. plus having a baby i make extra veg and mash them for her. its quick and easy and not as much washing up as it is usually saucepans and saucepan steamers etc.

kate_turner2000

Postby Puffer » Sun Sep 17, 2006 12:19 pm

God... I LOVE steam veggies! I have steamed veggies every night with dinner... I have a set of pots which have a steamer pot that fits on the top of all of them, which is what started my love of steamed veggies. I also love to steam potatoes with skin on (I slice into quarters or sixths so it doesn't take so long). And steamed fresh corn... so good! This is making me hungry...

I didn't realise those steamers were so cheap - I might pick one up if I can find one.
Puffer

Postby kate_turner2000 » Sun Sep 17, 2006 12:48 pm

hi christina

yeah i find it is wonderful- i loved steamed vegies as well. but it is a pain washing up numerous saucepans. with this kanbrook steamer you just wash the clear plastic things. you can also steam fish and chicken and make rice in them and even cakes!

it was money well spent for us :)
kate_turner2000

Postby KimE » Sun Sep 17, 2006 5:49 pm

That is an excellent price. Right I will have to get one next weekend.
Start Weight - 85 kgs
KimE

Next

Return to Daily Weight loss Pledge