It is currently Sun Dec 04, 2016 2:36 am

Free Newsletter

Ally's pledge 16-21 Sep

What do you promise to do today to help lose weight?

Moderator: Moderators

Ally's pledge 16-21 Sep

Postby Ally » Sat Sep 16, 2006 7:34 am

Ok here is how it is going to be.

**I am going to except the fact that I can't change what it happening to mum (even though it tears my heart out)

**I am NOT going to eat anymore of the slices.

**I am NOT going to comfort eat my way through this, no matter what the final results may be. (ultimately I have to think that if the worst comes to fruition that I [along with my brother] are going to be mum's primary carers and I need to keep losing weight in order to be a better help to mum)

**I am going to walk each day for exercise and to clear my head (starting with today!!)

me thinks that that may do it!!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wGLHYSm/]
[/url]
Ally

Postby KimE » Sat Sep 16, 2006 9:56 am

Good pledges Ally. Keep strong.
Kim - To thine own self be true
Maintainence since 04/11/06
Preferred Weight - Under 60 kgs
Current Weight - 64.8 kgs
Start Weight - 85 kgs
KimE

Postby Dolly » Sat Sep 16, 2006 10:33 am

We're with you Ally, you can do this.
Dolly

Postby slimmindown » Sat Sep 16, 2006 12:13 pm

Keep going Ally.................

[no excuses, I can do it!
slimmindown

Postby kate_turner2000 » Sat Sep 16, 2006 12:16 pm

you'll do great i know it!! think of those slices as poison!! lol
kate_turner2000

Postby Ally » Sat Sep 16, 2006 1:33 pm

thanks Kim, Dolly, Slimmindown and Kate. I know that I will get there I just have to stay strong and remind myself of my goals. That is a good way to look at it Kate....it is really poison isn't it as it may not be directly poisoning me, but it acts over the long term!!
[/url]
Ally

Postby Puffer » Sat Sep 16, 2006 7:20 pm

I know it is hard Alley, but be strong, you will be so proud of yourself later.

No matter what happens to your mum, eating can't make things better, but it will make things worse.
Puffer

Postby kate_turner2000 » Sat Sep 16, 2006 7:26 pm

thats true christina :)
kate_turner2000

Postby Ally » Sun Sep 17, 2006 6:34 am

yes that is true and that is something I wrote in my pledge. I know that the only thing pigging out will do is make things worse for me. After my strong resolve of yesterday morning however I ended up having 2 1/2 pieces of slice last night. Crap I feel like I am starting to lose control!! AARRGGHH! So today I am not going to even take them out of the freezer and offer them to anyone. I have 5 days until weigh in so I am hoping to be able to calm down and get back in the drivers seat!!
[/url]
Ally

Postby Ally » Tue Sep 19, 2006 8:36 am

ok I am sitting here defeated!! I have not stuck to my pledge and I feel like a right git! I just have not been able to find the time to go walking and I have not been eating all that well. I am so tired and I know that if I can just get out the door and go I will feel better, but I am exhausted!! (catch 22 really).

Taking stock of the situation.....I have mainly eaten the slices that have been off my eating plan. (thankfully they are all gone as my brother came over on the weekend and I just kept handing them out to him and Scott and the kids!!). Having said that I haven't eaten much other either. I am not eating the right amount of anything at the moment (all under, not over) and to make matters worse I threw up yesterday twice for no apparent reason. I just had time to get to the loo. My tummy would just heave and there I would go. I don't feel unwell I think it may just be all the stress coming to a rather large head.

Although I have not been exercising as such I have been doing a lot of running around lately. I know that this isn't as good as doing planned fat burning, but it has got to be better than nothing.

So as of today (Tuesday 19 Sept) I am going to kick my own bum and get back to eating healthy, satisfying meals. I will post my food diary tonight. The last few days I have just felt crappy and i know that it is due to not eating well.

I am going to get my housework done and then crash for awhile. By then Scott will be home from work and I am going to go out for a walk.
[/url]
Ally

Postby SarahC » Tue Sep 19, 2006 9:42 am

Good luck with it today Ally. I'm sure you'll start feeling better after eating all that healthy food. At least the slices are gone now :) And think of all the calories burned while doing housework... I know I get quite sweaty doing mine!
SarahC

Return to Daily Weight loss Pledge