It is currently Thu Dec 08, 2016 5:21 am

Free Newsletter

Jodie's pledges

What do you promise to do today to help lose weight?

Moderator: Moderators

Jodie's pledges

Postby jodie259 » Sat Sep 23, 2006 11:04 pm

I had a bit of a pig out on mini choc bars this evening... after having quite a few of them last night!
Some of it was emotional eating as a friend had been involved in a fatal car accident (she's okay). But some of it was just my old habits of eating whatever tastes yummy without facing the consequences.
I have only been back to Weight Watchers for 1.5 weeks! I was so happy to have lost 2.2kg in my first week, and I was finding the programme easy to do.

As it happens I was msn'ing with a new friend also on WW - and she too had been snacking on chocolate today. So we both made a pact. When I saw this topic in the forum I decided to put it in writing.

My pledge for this week (starting 23rd Sept) is:
NO MORE CHOCOLATE - even though there are still about 30 mini choc bars sitting on the coffee table (for my super skinny husband).
and
drink at least 600mls of water every day. This might sound strange, but I can go days without having a sip of water. I don't drink tea or coffee either. Just diet coke, and the occassional juice or milk. I don't like water. But I know it's good for me, particularly if I am trying to lose weight.

Once I have these two pledges as a 'habit' then I will add to this...
Mum of 2
Shaun born 27/05/06 & Shelli born 26/11/07
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wHe6RPO/]
[/url]
jodie259

Postby Dolly » Sun Sep 24, 2006 5:28 am

Sorry to hear about your friends car accident Jodie, that must've been such a scare for you.
The first thing I'd do if I were you would be (besides visiting your friend with a bunch of 'hope you feel better flowers') is to fat proof your home.
Go through the house with a plastic shopping bag and fill it with biscuits, chocolates, lollies, potato chips and anything else that we dieters consider evil foods :twisted:
Then very nicely ask your dear husband to please lock them in his car, so during your weaker moments you won't have that temptation there.

This method of fat profing the house worked for me and I have now learned never ever to bake a cake (the smell is too tempting) I just buy a cake when I'm absolutely sure somebody is coming for a visit.
I now only buy biscuits for the family that I know I can resist (arrowroot biscuits)

Be brave enough to face the WW scales after downing the evil foods. I went to WW one week with a 3kg gain.
They are mature adults and nobody said a word. I think they know our monthly cycles and our shoes/clothes and our temporary regressions will all have an effect on the scales.
If you don't face their scales each weak it will only make it easier for you to leave (believe me I've been there, done that)
The brain tells you to miss one week, then the next week you see you are only the same as two weeks before so you jump one more week, then the brain says "ah, you've missed so many you may as well quit." Just don't let that happen, no matter what the scales say, stick with it and you will definitely be heaps slimmer by summer.
Dolly

Postby Ally » Sun Sep 24, 2006 7:08 am

Hi Jody, sorry to hear about your friend, hope she will recover quickly!

If you get choccie cravings, try the Jarrah 99% fat free extreme chocolate drink. It is worth 63 Calories. I find that this really helps!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wGLHYSm/]
[/url]
Ally

Postby kate_turner2000 » Sun Sep 24, 2006 8:45 am

hi jodie

sorry to hear of your friends accident, its pretty scary stuff i know, ive been in a few myself.

i think the girls above (dolly and ally) made some great points. i hate water too but i make myself drink 2 litres a day ebcause it does make a massive difference to my weightloss. if you spread it out throughout the day it helps. try putting a squeeze of lemon in the water or a bit of diet cordial for flavour. it helps to wash all those toxins away :)

best of luck with your pledge!
kate_turner2000

Postby jodie259 » Sun Sep 24, 2006 10:46 am

Thanks for your advice and support girls!

Unfortunately I can't remove all the "fat" food from my house. My husband is underweight - although he eats a huge amount of crap. He has the fastest metobolism of anyone I know. I look at him like a thanksgiving turkey that I try to fatten up. He eats meals, then snacks on lollies and chocolate. I also have my sister living with us, and she buys her own food (including all the crap) and keeps it in our kitchen. What I have to do is recognise that these foods will be around me for life... if not in my house, they are at the supermarket, the cafes, friends homes etc. I've got to learn to "say no" and when I deserve a treat I must learn moderation. I am on this journey for a lifetime and I can't banish certain foods from my life.

And I can't avoid weighing in because I actually work at the Weight Watchers meeting :lol: So I will be going week after week and if I put on weight then I have to deal with it. I have had 24 hours of indiscretion... but I am back onto it now...and I've got until Wednesday to work off those damn chockie bars. I'm going to work out extra hard at the gym tomorrow. And I may even use my boxing bag today, which is still in its new condition because I've not touched it yet!!!

I used to put diet cordial into my water, and it's a lot easier to drink; particularly in Summer. I have a water filter, and I tend to fill bottles and keep them in the fridge so that I can grab a bottle any time and drink it on the go. I just have to make sure I drink it!

My friend will be okay. It was a horrific accident. Two girls died, and two others are in serious condition still. My friends twin sister was driving, although she will be okay (physically at least). It makes you realise that life is so short, and you need to create the best life you can.... oh, and don't speed!
Mum of 2
Shaun born 27/05/06 & Shelli born 26/11/07
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wHe6RPO/]
[/url]
jodie259

Postby Ally » Sun Sep 24, 2006 7:07 pm

Oh yes I know exactly what that is like!! My hubbie is the same and his metabolism is incredible!! Yes it is great to junk proof your house, but I like you am just surrounded by it and the more good choices we make, the less the junk seems important. (you have to deal with it sooner or later, so I would rather learn to deal with it now and build on that NO word) I think it helps too to do comparisons...the amount of healthy food you can eat as opposed to the the crap with the same amount of calories is unbelievable at times. I believe that by still having to be around it too also makes it easier to know that you can control yourself and that it is only food and life will not come to an end as we know it if I don't eat the crappy food. Does that make sense I am really tired and think I am rambling!! :lol:
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wGLHYSm/]
[/url]
Ally

Return to Daily Weight loss Pledge