It is currently Sun Dec 04, 2016 12:45 am

Free Newsletter

corolla_chick's pledge

What do you promise to do today to help lose weight?

Moderator: Moderators

corolla_chick's pledge

Postby corolla_chick » Mon Sep 25, 2006 7:10 am

today is my 1st day back to work after 2 weeks holidays.

i have a meeting today and they always have lots of really nice food (both healthy and unhealthy) for morning tea and lunch.

my pledge today is to choose the healthy food from the table!!

my pledge for the week is to be organized with my food for work. so i am not tempted to go over to the shop at lunch or on my way home cause "i'm starving" (i have a 45 minute trip home, so its really tempting to stop and get something to nibble for the trip! - usually burger rings :oops: )

good luck with all of your pledges this week :)
i will let you know how i go!
beck :D

corolla_chick

Postby kate_turner2000 » Mon Sep 25, 2006 7:40 am

Hi! good luck with your pledges, they sound pretty sensible to me matey :) you can do it. maybe keep some of those Extra Drops in your car. theyre sugar and carb free and theyre nice to suck on. :)
kate_turner2000

Postby corolla_chick » Mon Sep 25, 2006 7:42 am

yeh, i have stocked up on those, lemon, orange and watermelon :)

corolla_chick

Postby Ally » Mon Sep 25, 2006 10:01 am

sounds like you are making some good choices there!! Watermelon extra drops??? they sound yummy!!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wGLHYSm/]
[/url]
Ally

Postby kate_turner2000 » Mon Sep 25, 2006 10:03 am

in prefer the wild berry ones hehe :) the lemon ones arent bad either :)
kate_turner2000

Postby corolla_chick » Mon Sep 25, 2006 6:49 pm

watermelon and orange are my favs. :P

well, i went okay at my meeting today.

at morning tea they didnt have very healthy options. i had a few pieces of youghurt covered fruit (bite size pieces), 2 strawberries and half a scone with cheese.

when i felt like i wanted more to eat at morning tea, i started eating chewing gum! it stopped me from picking!

they handed around muffins before lunch but i said "no" (it was hard, but i still had my chewy)

at lunch they had some healthier options. i had some soup, a sandwich and a few slices of fresh fruit!!

i sooo wanted just one slice of salami - but i didnt becuase i knew if i had one, i would want more!

will let you know how the rest of my challenge goes for this week :)

corolla_chick

Postby kate_turner2000 » Mon Sep 25, 2006 6:51 pm

thats a good start to your pledge corrolla chick :) you should get yourself a ticker- theyre funky :)

you made some great choices :)
kate_turner2000

Postby corolla_chick » Mon Sep 25, 2006 7:04 pm

i tried to get a ticker on friday when i joined and it wouldnt work!!but now it has. yay!

now i just have to loose lots of weight to the numbers dont overlap!! :roll:

corolla_chick

Postby SarahC » Tue Sep 26, 2006 8:56 am

Hi Corolla Chick. Well done so far! Don't you hate those work meetings... you know what I normally do, and it's very antisocial... I take my own lunch, then go out for a walk for the remainder of the lunch break! Sounds like the food a yours was far yummier than what we get here though :)

Do you have a bottle of water in your car for the drive home? That could be good. Also maybe chuck in some fruit or some other healthy snacks, so you can grab those... and then you'd get home quicker as you wouldn't need to stop and buy food 8)

I have lemon extra drops at the moment. Not sure which are my favourite though :? The wild mint ones were horrible, glad they don't sell them anymore (well I can't find them anyway).

Good luck for the rest of the week!
SarahC

Postby MagicGirl79 » Tue Sep 26, 2006 9:25 pm

Another good snack for the car trip is rice crackers. If you like something crunchy, which I guess you do since you like burger rings, then these are perfect. I know on WW, 10 rice crackers = 1 point, so they're low in fat and great for snacking. You could keep a pack in the car and even if you ate the whole pack - which I'm sure you couldn't, it's only equivalent of 5 points.
Cheers,
Kate
MagicGirl79

Postby corolla_chick » Mon Oct 02, 2006 6:07 pm

well, i went pretty well at work this week. i packed my lunch everday (no usual lunch order on friday) and didnt stop at the shop or servo once (well, i did get petrol, but no munchies) had lots of water and extra drops in the car. i did have a $1 mixed bag of lollies in the car. that was my only slip up all week (well, for eating at/to and from work anyway)

i did put on weight this week. i havent exercised as much now im back at work. but im finding it really hard to keep my water intake up. i cant just sip all day and in my two 20minute breaks i dont want to gulp heaps of water cause i cant go and pee when ever i want... im trying to drink more in the car too and from work.

so, my pledge for this week will be to drink 1.5L of water each day (im drinking about 500ml at the mo)

beck 8)

corolla_chick

Postby kate_turner2000 » Mon Oct 02, 2006 8:00 pm

good pledge beck. i find water is crucial for me when it comes to my weightloss. i make sure i drink at least 2litres of water and i dont go to bed at night without having all my water down.

try your best, the day can get away from you too and you think 'jeez i havent drank much water today or none at all'. it was hard at first for me cos i would drink 2-3 cans of coke a day and no water at all.

keep going!!
kate_turner2000

Postby Ally » Tue Oct 03, 2006 4:19 am

Good on you Beck that is a great achievement!! I know that you were saying in an earlier post that the petrol station was a problem for you with munchies, so you have nailed it!!!

I am not sure what type of work you do, but is it possible to have a water bottle with you that you can fill up on breaks?...that way you are drinking through the day and not trying to fit it all in to two breaks. I hope this helps.
[/url]
Ally

Postby corolla_chick » Tue Oct 03, 2006 5:48 pm

im a teacher so i cant just sip all day.
im always walking around and helping students!!
im trying to drink more in the car and at home :)

thanks for everyones great advice and support! :wink:

corolla_chick

Postby Ally » Tue Oct 03, 2006 6:01 pm

Ah well that would make it a bit difficult then!!
[/url]
Ally

Return to Daily Weight loss Pledge