It is currently Sat Dec 10, 2016 2:20 am

Free Newsletter

Junket

What do you promise to do today to help lose weight?

Moderator: Moderators

Junket

Postby SarahC » Tue Sep 26, 2006 8:37 am

I have to go to a work conference out in country Vic, leaving tomorrow afternoon and getting back Friday night. It's one of those things were all meals are provided, and where the schedule is so tightly packed that there's barely any time for excercise. So, looks like I'm going to be eating all kinds of wierd and wonderful foods, and cutting back on sleep so I can squeeze in a little bit of excercise at least... oh and with the conference dinner on Thurs night, I'm sure lots of alcohol will be involved there too :shock:

So, my pledges for the time away are:

1. Try to not eat too much of the wierd and wonderful food. Unfortunately there's no choice with the meals, you just eat what's been put down in front of you. I'll take along my own food as a back up just in case. I'll also make sure to not completely clean up my plate as I normally do!

2. Take my own little snacks for morning and afternoon tea, and not even think about all the cakes and biscuits that I am sure will be there.

3. Not drink too much.

4. Not dring too much!!!

5. Go for a run on Thursday morning (should be enough time as I don't have to be ready until 8am) and TRY to fit something in on Friday morning (harder as there's a breakfast on at 7:30am and I suspect we may need to check out of the motel before that :( )

6. I will not cry if I come back heavier than I left :!:

Might need to firm up pledges 3 and 4 somehow. I'll post something in here again when I've worked out the strategy. Drinking heaps of water helps a lot, so I'm sure that will be part of it :)
SarahC

Postby KimE » Tue Sep 26, 2006 8:44 am

Good luck with that Sarah, I know it will be difficult as these things pretty much have it all worked out for you. Sucks that there’s not much time for exercise especially if you are so used to it as part of your daily routine. That would irk me most I think.
Kim - To thine own self be true
Maintainence since 04/11/06
Preferred Weight - Under 60 kgs
Current Weight - 64.8 kgs
Start Weight - 85 kgs
KimE

Postby SarahC » Tue Sep 26, 2006 9:07 am

Thanks Kim. Yes, I think I'm going to go a bit nutty with the reduction of excercise!

And I've messed up pledge number 4 already... must be drunk! I won't be dringing anything :oops: :oops:
SarahC

Postby kate_turner2000 » Tue Sep 26, 2006 9:19 am

hi sarah

when a meal is placed in front of you just take small bites and put your cutlery down inbetween mouthfuls, and sip water. this will fill you up so you arent gorging yourself. you could also take a walkman and dance around your motel room (if you arent sharing lol). good luck and have fun!!
kate_turner2000

Postby Garfield » Tue Sep 26, 2006 4:32 pm

It's a shame you have such a big challenge when you're so close to your goal. On the other hand, it's only a few days, maybe your body won't object to a break from exercise and a little relaxation of your diet.
Good luck with it.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
[/url]
Garfield

Postby corolla_chick » Tue Sep 26, 2006 7:19 pm

good luck :)
good idea to take some of your own food as a back up
lets us know how you go
beck
beck :D

corolla_chick

Postby Ally » Tue Sep 26, 2006 9:47 pm

I think you will be just fine Sarah!! Take your own food, as you said and just hope for the best. This is one of those situations where it really is out of your control, so you can only make the best out of a bad situation. The exercise you plan on doing should work a treat! Have a good time away (even though it is a work conference :? )
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wGLHYSm/]
[/url]
Ally

Postby SarahC » Fri Sep 29, 2006 1:25 pm

Thanks for your comments everyone :D

Unfortunately, I have BAD news to report :cry:

I did exceptionally well yesterday, up until dinner time that is. I ran for well over an hour in the morning (gosh, I should join a marathon, I'd be good at that :shock: ) and ate pretty well too. Then came the alcohol...I guess it wasn't overly bad, and I drank a heap of water throughout the day and evening. Still feel a bit bad about it though :(

But that's not the worst of it. I got stuck talking to this moron guy at the end of the dinner. He was trying to get me to explain exactly what I do in my job. I couldn't answer him! All I could say was that I check my emails, surf the net, and stare out the window.... and occasionally do stuff with spreadsheets :oops:

I'm already pretty stressed out about the lack of work that I am given in my job. And even the few things that I do have to do, I can't motivate myself to do them! So, with this guy basically making a mockery out of me, and involving everyone else on the table, really was the straw that broke the camel's back! Oh, and somewhere in there amongst the humiliation he even commented that he only wanted to talk to me because he "felt sorry for me sitting over there not talking with anyone" :shock: :x

Anyway, I left the dinner in tears, went back to my hotel room and got stuck into all those extra snacks that I had packed away :cry: Today I was meant to go to a breakfast, then I think a technical tour and an outdoor expo. Instead I just had a shower, packed my bags and drove home. I have just been eating and lying on my couch for the last couple of hours (I'm so full!!), and I'm about to go to bed :cry:

Maybe things will look better in the morning... :(
SarahC

Postby kate_turner2000 » Fri Sep 29, 2006 1:43 pm

oh sarah you poor darl!

that was heartbreaking to read how your day went yesterday- well dinner and after dinner and since dinner. dont let him make fun of you. how many people do you know who get to do that at work? thats awesome! and you get paid to do it! but if you dont think you are being challenged enough at work, offer to take on some new stuff. make it clear to your boss that you would like to take on some more work.

sorry you have pigged out at home. :( there's nothing you can really do about it now though, so tomorrow when you wake up remember it is a new day and how happy you were with your loss last week and how good it makes you feel. tomorrow is a new day!!

keep your chin up, i believe in you!
kate_turner2000

Postby KimE » Fri Sep 29, 2006 1:46 pm

Oh Sarah *hugs* that is horrible. Did the insensitive jerk having any idea what he was doing or just a total moron?

I never much like those sort of work things as I can't stand having my out of work time organised with no say or by someone else.

Can you get more work if this is an issue for you or is there just not enough?

Keep your chin up Sarah, try to put it all behind you, either that or go and find a punching bag and beat the crap out of it. :twisted:
Start Weight - 85 kgs
KimE

Postby Ally » Fri Sep 29, 2006 2:03 pm

OH Sarah I am sorry to hear that! What a drongo that fellow is!! I wouldn't be surprised at the extent of his mockery to find that he is a jolly mail sorter or something! Talk about a complete jerk! I agree with Kate and Kim, if work (or lack of it) is an issue, ask your boss for more work or even if necessary look for another job.

As Kate says, there is nothing you can do about eating too much, but tomorrow is another day and one that you can choose to make a fresh start. I know it is easy for us to say dont worry about it as this moron has obviously hurt your feelings, but don't let him get you down mate, he is not worth it.

Punching bag sounds good...imagine his face with each punch you make!!

Image We lubs ya!!
[/url]
Ally

Postby SarahC » Sat Sep 30, 2006 7:11 am

Thanks Kate, Kim and Ally... love the teddy bear :)

Not sure if the guy knew what a jerk he was being. By the looks of it, he had drunk a fair amount by that stage. I am sure that he would have got the idea after I didn't return from the ladies!

It's not much fun doing nothing at work (although it might sound like it :lol: ). I've already been in trouble once for excess internet usage, and I'm petrified that it will happen again! What kink of dork gets pulled up over the same issue twice :!:

I'll definitely be mentioning to my boss that I need more direction in my work. I'm going to take along my "to do list" and get him to put things in priority order... preferably with some deadlines! I have been interviewed for another job, an internal vacancy, so I should hear the outcome early next week (reeeeaally hoping to get it!!). Apart from that I'll have to start putting out my feelers for another job :(

Looks like some leave might be in order anyway. Just found out this morning that my grandpa, who is sick with cancer, has been taken to hospital yesterday. Have to wait for my parents to wake up so I can call and find out what's going on. Far out, it doesn't rain unless it pours :cry:

Well I'm only 0.5kg away from my goal, so a few days of eating a bit more and excercising a bit less can't hurt to badly! (gosh I made such a pig of myself yesterday :lol: )
SarahC

Postby KimE » Sat Sep 30, 2006 7:29 am

Sarah maybe it is time to take some time for you. You don't have to stop anything you're doing just relax it a little.

Sorry to hear about your grandpa. Is your family melbourne based so you can visit him?

Good luck with the job, hope that all works out for you. Maybe time off is what you need. Somewhere warm and sunny. 8)
Start Weight - 85 kgs
KimE

Postby kate_turner2000 » Sat Sep 30, 2006 8:17 am

hi sarah

kim is right. maybe some leave will do you the world of good and you can focus on you for a change. sorry to hear your grandpa isnt well :( i hope that he gets great care at the hospital he is at. thats important.

good luck with the job!!! let us know how u get on!
kate_turner2000

Postby Ally » Sat Sep 30, 2006 8:43 am

Hey Sarah, you are certainly having a bit of a rough trot lately. I am sorry to hear about your Grandad. Are you able to be near him??

I agree with the girls that you need some "ME" time. Sometimes when things all crowd in on you like that it makes each individual situation worse and you can't seem to make head nor tail of it all. Take some time out to smell the roses, darl and then you may be able to face it all in a different light.

Good luck with your job prospecting, I hope that whatever path you choose to take (either staying or looking elsewhere) works out for you!

Congrats on nearing your goal, you are going so well!!
[/url]
Ally

Next

Return to Daily Weight loss Pledge