It is currently Wed Dec 07, 2016 5:00 am

Free Newsletter

Junket

What do you promise to do today to help lose weight?

Moderator: Moderators

Postby SarahC » Mon Oct 02, 2006 5:40 pm

Thanks guys. Sorry to say but the string of bad news is continuing... my grandpa passed away on Saturday night. I was able to get along to the hospital for a couple of hours in the afternoon, then we got the call later that night :cry: :cry:

Needless to say I haven't stopped eating, it has been unbelievable. I'm feeling pretty sick anyway and for whatever reason I think that cakes, chocolate, biscuits, you name it, will make me feel better! It's pretty disgusting as I haven't eaten these sorts of things for quite some time.... and don't ask how many cups of tea I have drunk :shock:

So I guess my new pledge (scrap the original one re the conference!!) is to try to eat as best as I can for the remainder of this week, then get back into my routine when I go back to work next week.
SarahC

Postby KimE » Mon Oct 02, 2006 5:47 pm

Sorry to read that Sarah, my condolences to you and your family.

Try the best you can on the eating front. Well...it's a hard one really as it's not a time to be too hard on yourself but you don't want to stuff yourself silly either.

Best of luck witht the pledge and if we can do anything let us know.

*HUGS*
Kim - To thine own self be true
Maintainence since 04/11/06
Preferred Weight - Under 60 kgs
Current Weight - 64.8 kgs
Start Weight - 85 kgs
KimE

Postby kate_turner2000 » Mon Oct 02, 2006 7:57 pm

oh sarah

im really sorry to hear the news. as kim said its time to not be too hard on yourself, but in the long term its not going to make things better by eating junk. do your best in regards to your pledge and we wont crucify you if you slip up mate! all you can do is your best.

keep your chin up mate

kate_turner2000

Postby Ally » Tue Oct 03, 2006 4:13 am

Image :cry: I was saddened to read about your Grandad Sarah. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family at this time. It is good that you got to spend those 2 precious hours with him.

Take care matey and be kind to yourself, try and look beyond the next couple of weeks and ask yourself if eating all the junk food is going to help. I know at the moment you are trying to block the pain sweetie, but in the long run, you are going to feel really bad. Take the time to truly grieve over your grandad. I hope I don't sound harsh, because it is the last thing I would want you to think....but I am an emotional eater too and I know exactly where you are coming from. You can do this and don't be scared to face those emotions that are going to come. Take things one step at a time mate...We are here for you too!!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wGLHYSm/]
[/url]
Ally

Postby SarahC » Sun Oct 08, 2006 7:46 am

Thanks Kim, Kate and Ally for your kind comments.

It has been a very hard week. We had a lovely funeral service on Thursday though, with around 100 people there. I think my grandpa would have been very happy with it :D

Oh and to top things off, my lovely cat (who is around 18 or 19 years old!) got quite sick and had to be taken to the vet :( I was certain that she was going to be put to sleep... but she just stayed at the vet for 4 days on a drip. She came home yesterday so hopefully she'll continue to stay well :)

Not much to be done on the eating front though. I successfully managed to eat everything that I could get my hands on :shock: My poor food diary got thrown out the window... I just couldn't remember everything to write it down! Looks as though the results have shown up on the scales as I'm weighing a good kg heavier :( There's just no way that this can all be fat, there has to be a fluid component in there somewhere, particularly with TTOM hanging around somewhere... maybe (I'm up to day 44, just hoping it hasn't forgotten about me this month :? )

I'm back home today though, away from all the food at my parents' place, and my food diary has been reinstated. I will just try to keep busy and stay out of the kitchen :)
SarahC

Postby kate_turner2000 » Sun Oct 08, 2006 8:01 am

Hi sarah

ravenous, late monthlies... sure you're not pregnant???

glad to hear your puddytat is home and doing better. hopefully she will be 100% soon, it must be horrible having a sick pet because theyre like part of the family. we dont have any pets-- heidi is enough! lol

keep your chin up, we are all here to support you
kate_turner2000

Postby KimE » Sun Oct 08, 2006 9:05 am

You need a special treat of some sort. A day at a spa or, new jeans, a pretty dress...something like that. Something just for yourself.

You've had a bad time of it recently Sarah but it sound like you are slowly getting on your feet again.
Kim - To thine own self be true
Maintainence since 04/11/06
Preferred Weight - Under 60 kgs
Current Weight - 64.8 kgs
Start Weight - 85 kgs
KimE

Postby SarahC » Mon Oct 09, 2006 8:20 am

I know... poor me :( At least I'm not pregnant :shock: though, thank goodness (although my belly is starting to look a little swollen :oops: ). My body just likes to mix things up a bit from time to time, stupid thing!

I've got a facial to book in for very soon. I was given a voucher for my birthday back in May, so that has to be used. Looking forward to that :)

Made it back to work today, even though it's my RDO. At least I'm away from my kitchen at home so I can't eat :roll:
SarahC

Postby Garfield » Tue Oct 10, 2006 6:35 pm

Enjoy that facial :D
If your monthlies are consistently inconsistent, you could try going on the pill. Mine were annoying me always being late or early, so that's what I did. On the down side, I heard the pill makes you more likely to gain weight...
Anyway, I hope everything goes well for you from now on. You deserve something great to happen.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
[/url]
Garfield

Postby Ally » Wed Oct 11, 2006 6:34 am

I am glad to hear that your cat is ok Sarah...I am a real sook with animals and they are a part of our family.

I definately think that some of that could be fluid Sarah, I know what irregular periods can do to your body. (Unfortunately I cannot use any kind of contraception) Bloating is horrible and makes you feel really bad, but at least if passes!!

Have a relaxing time with your facial mate, you deserve some pampering.
[/url]
Ally

Postby SarahC » Wed Oct 11, 2006 8:29 am

Yes, I will definitely enjoy the facial... all 90 minutes of it! Although I'm not too sure that I deserve it now :(

Don't know about these silly periods. Quick calculation: average is 39 days, with range from 33 to 52 days. Today is day 47 :oops: . Reasons are...
1. Extreme diet, excercising and weight loss. My poor body doesn't know what's hit it!
2. Low weight. One time before when my weight dropped below 50, I lost my periods for about 6 months.
3. Stress. I missed out on a whole 12 months while in the navy. Don't think I'm THAT stressed now though :shock:
4. Normal variation? (normal for me anyway!!)

Unfortunately the pill is not for me. I tend to bring the horrible things back up again - yuck! And I blow up like a balloon. Even with the weakest dosage possible. It's not a pretty picture :roll:

With any luck the extra weight is mostly fluid and it will be gone soon. If not I'll be seriously annoyed :x

I get to see my little cat on Friday. My mum says she's doing a lot better. But we're still not sure how long she'll last for, as she is quite old :cry: She is definitely part of the family. We got her back in 1990, so 16 years ago (she was a few years old at that stage).
SarahC

Postby kate_turner2000 » Wed Oct 11, 2006 10:26 am

aw we had a cat called buddy- he was my step dads and he was quite old. he now lives in qld with my step brother. he had a lot of vet bills but i swear he has more than 9 lives! so your cat is doing pretty well- probably has 30 odd lives left :)

hope everything turns out ok with your period. its one of those things were stuck with! maybe if it doesnt arrive within a week jsut check with your dr that everything is ok. he can do some blood tests and stuff :) take care sarah!!
kate_turner2000

Postby SarahC » Tue Oct 24, 2006 9:49 pm

:cry: :cry: :cry:

Sarah's sad and sorry sob story is continuing...

That internal vacancy that I was really hoping to get... just got my rejection letter in the mail tonight! Unbelievable :evil:

Anyone reeeeally HATE those rejection letters that end with "we wish you well for the future"... LIKE HELL THEY DO!

If they cared anything about your future, they'd have given you the job in the first place!

Now gotta get used to the fact that I'm stuck in my mind numbing "job" for god knows how much longer! I spend all day doing literally nothing at all. Not because there's nothing to do, but because I just don't care about the tasks that I have been given, and no-one cares anyway if I do them or not! Not sure how much longer I'll last to be quite honest. It's my 18-month anniversary on Thursday :(

In usual style, my pantry is in danger of becoming quite empty... and a sick day tomorrow is definitely in order. Just don't think that I'll be able to face morning tea (cakes galore... with everyone pressuring me to eat them!) with the MAYOR tomorrow morning... can't imagine myself trying to be civil to anyone let alone the mayor! :roll:
SarahC

Postby Ally » Wed Oct 25, 2006 5:53 am

Oh Sarah, I am sorry to hear that you didn't get the job you applied for. Look mate maybe it is for the best. If they don't treat you right in the job you are doing now, is it going to be any different, even in the new one? You seem so unhappy mate, maybe the best thing to do would be to start looking elsewhere outside the company and find somewhere where you have a challleging job instead of just bored, mind-numbing work. ( I know it is probably easier said than done).

I agree that you don't need to be pressured into eating junk at ANY time, let alone when you are feeling so down. Maybe just take that day off and go and have a massage or something to just take your mind off your worries for awhile?? Or at least go and do something you enjoy doing and clear your head abit. That way you might be able to look at your situation with a clear head and a solution maybe just around the corner.

Keep your chin up matey. I know it is hard when you are feeling low, but remember we are here for you when you need to talk.

*hugs*
[/url]
Ally

Postby kate_turner2000 » Wed Oct 25, 2006 7:04 am

hi sarah

sorry to hear about the rejection letter. ive had a few too in the past. they suck! i hope everything turns out better for you, maybe another job somewhere else will pop up and you will get it! i will keep my fingers crossed for you.

keep your chin up sarah and dont let it get to you. you are better than they are!
kate_turner2000

PreviousNext

Return to Daily Weight loss Pledge