It is currently Fri Jul 25, 2014 12:00 am

Free Newsletter

May 25 pledge

What do you promise to do today to help lose weight?

Moderator: Moderators

May 25 pledge

Postby Freddy » Tue May 25, 2010 7:50 pm

I should post some pledges once in a while to force myself a bit more to stick to my 'diet' and workouts:

* 30 minutes Wii-Fit
* 10 minutes of weights workout (trying to get some more defined biceps)

Though it doesn't seem like a lot of workout, I have a day off work as I have planned some doctors visits and a visit at the shrink (yes, childhood trauma due to being picked on as I always was the fat one).

Tomorrow I get back to work and my bike commuting will start again, which equals 50km a day, 250km a week, around 1000km a month. The goal this year is 8000km, my current distance is 2783km so I'm behind on schedule.

I just need to put my back into it.
Freddy

Re: May 25 pledge

Postby Freddy » Thu May 27, 2010 8:10 am

Nearly nailed it yesterday. Didn't get to work the dumbells though, and got to 20min of Wii Fit.
Too bad.
Freddy

Postby fifi » Sat Jun 05, 2010 6:32 pm

go freddy!
fifi

Postby fifi » Sat Jun 05, 2010 6:32 pm

what are you racing for?
fifi

Postby Freddy » Wed Jun 09, 2010 4:04 am

I've started bike commuting about one and a half year ago. During that time I've grown very fond of cycling. During my first year I could still say I liked cycling. After that it became love...

I'm working on moving towards the other side of the country with my family. When I've moved, I want to join a cycling club and do some races. In two years I want to do the "Alpe D'HuZes". You can raise sponsor money from friends, family, co-workers et cetera, which goes to the cancer foundation. Kick is, you have to climb the Alpe d'Huez 6 times with the team you're riding for to actually earn the sponsor money.
(One climb takes one and a half hour to get to the top with speeds that fall down to 8km/h, back down takes about 20 minutes with speeds over 70km/h)

So basically, I want to start racing to feel better about myself. Be more confident. And besides that, I want to show others that there's more to me than a bike commuting computer geek ;)
Freddy

Postby princess87 » Tue Jun 15, 2010 4:00 pm

That's amazing! I don't think (no matter how fit i ever was) that i could ever be strong enough mentally to do something CRAZY like that! Good luck with your challenge and i am sure if you are as determined as you sound, then you will get there!!
Princess xo
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wlYdcUh/]
[/url]
princess87

Return to Daily Weight loss Pledge