It is currently Thu Jul 24, 2014 11:19 pm

Free Newsletter

I pledge.... :)

What do you promise to do today to help lose weight?

Moderator: Moderators

I pledge.... :)

Postby me11 » Sat Aug 14, 2010 1:31 pm

Ok, today I pledge to drink only water and black tea and only 2 cups of coffee. Coffee is my biggest issue, as I have it with milk and 1 sugar and some days I drink up to 10 cups. How bad is that? :(
me11

Re: I pledge.... :)

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Sat Aug 14, 2010 4:58 pm

10 cups is a bit excessive! If you're regularly drinking lots of coffee I'd cut down gradually. Caffeine withdrawals can cause nasty headaches. Good luck with cutting down on your coffee intake!

I gave up coffee a few months ago only to find that it was keeping my migraines at bay! They were getting more severe and more frequent until I found out that many migraine medications contain caffeine, so I reintroduced coffee to my diet as an experiment. My head feels just like new again. I guess the moral of this story is that if you suffer from migraines coffee can be quite beneficial.

Good luck!
EvilWombatQueen

Postby me11 » Sun Aug 15, 2010 12:07 am

Wow, I will not give up coffee then. I do suffer from migraines. I ll stick to 2 cups of coffee a day I think.
me11

Postby me11 » Sun Aug 15, 2010 12:07 pm

I stuck to my pledge yesterday and it feels good. One small goal completed. :)
Today, I pledge I will still only drink 2 cups of coffee and I'm gonna clean my whole house to burn some extra calories. And then I'm gonna mow the lawn. :)
me11

Postby Jackie.Jackie » Wed Oct 13, 2010 1:36 pm

How are you going with staying away from your 10 cups of coffee??

I've slowly been cutting down my coffee intake and am now down to two a day (one first thing in the morning when I'm getting ready and the other at about 10am at work). I found that I was always tired and lacking any morning kick. Might not have had anything to do with my coffee intake but I tried it and so far I've seen results. Since cutting down on my daily cups of coffee (probably between 6-8) and getting used to it, I've found myself with much more energy.

The next aim is to cut out the first coffee. Hot water with lemon first thing is the morning is meant to be great for you so that's what I'm going to aim for!! ;)

Hope you're doing well!!! :D
... Jackie
SW: 76.2 kg
CW: 75.5
GW: 66 kg
Jackie.Jackie

Postby Carly :) » Sun Oct 31, 2010 11:15 pm

Hey :) I aree with you about coffee, i used to suffer from migraines twice a month and always have 2 coffees a day.
It is true about caffeine in the medication to migraines. I like to have milk and one sugar in my coffee and dont
think it is a bad thing only 2 a day :)
Carly :)

Postby Butterfly_Dawn » Mon Nov 01, 2010 4:10 pm

Yep, caffeine can help with migraines. They think it's because it dilates (I think?) the blood vessels in the brain.
35kg lost. (November 2005 - October 2006)
15kg gained again (as at October 2010).
Back to the drawing board - Let's do this thing!

"You can't change the winds, but you can change the sails"

"Reach out and take control of what lands in your lap"

Butterfly_Dawn

Return to Daily Weight loss Pledge