It is currently Mon Dec 05, 2016 7:32 pm

Free Newsletter

New job, new lifestyle!

What do you promise to do today to help lose weight?

Moderator: Moderators

New job, new lifestyle!

Postby MissE » Thu Nov 16, 2006 6:11 am

I start my new job today, a real office job. If the first non-hospitality job I've had, I finall branched out and got something to do with my 1 and a half degrees :oops: haha bout time i was in the 'real' world!
aaaaanyway. Todays pledge is to eat a good lunch, and not junk. I've never had a 'lunch hour' before!
I also have to work at my pub job tonight and I pledge not to steal chips out of the big bowl in the kitchen :oops:
Life is too important to be taken seriously!
MissE

Postby KimE » Thu Nov 16, 2006 6:48 am

Best of luck with your new job Elyn.

Oh and you don't really want chips from a big bowl...you don't know how many hands have been in there...or where they've been...or where they haven't been (ie under the tap)...or if they've been picking their nose...or picking someone else's nose for that matter! :lol: Eeewww if that doesn't put you off nothing will.
Kim - To thine own self be true
Maintainence since 04/11/06
Preferred Weight - Under 60 kgs
Current Weight - 64.8 kgs
Start Weight - 85 kgs
KimE

Postby MissE » Thu Nov 16, 2006 6:51 am

haha thanks KimE! thats certainly a deterrent EWWW
MissE

Postby kate_turner2000 » Thu Nov 16, 2006 7:09 am

kims right! it is the hospitality industry after all!! so many health violations!! lol. best wishes elyn! and a good thing to take for lunch are lavish wraps! theyre filling and yum! just a thought :)
kate_turner2000

Postby SarahC » Thu Nov 16, 2006 9:07 am

Good luck with your pledge MissE... and your new job! I too have made the transition from hospitality job to professional office job. It takes a lot of getting used to (still not used to it yet after 18 months :shock: ). Can't handle all the sitting down, so I'm out walking every lunchtime, rain, hail or shine :roll:

Best wishes :D
SarahC

Postby masm » Thu Nov 16, 2006 1:38 pm

Good luck MissE - I also went from years in hospitality to an office job, hours are much nicer :D
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
[/url]
masm

Postby Ally » Thu Nov 16, 2006 3:44 pm

Wish you well for your new job Elyn....

Kim....Euwwww that will put me off FOREVER!!! (thanks mate)
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wGLHYSm/]
[/url]
Ally

Postby MissE » Fri Nov 17, 2006 5:51 am

Curse that chip bowl!! I thought about who had had their hand in there then realised that being the hot choip bol in the kitchen, they were all fresh and germ free :( and i was starving and ate 1 or 2 every time i was in there *sigh*
Tonights plan is to avoid the kitchen all together, and have something to eat before work!
MissE

Postby Ally » Fri Nov 17, 2006 6:29 am

I thought you meant packet chippies, so you may want to disregard my suggestions in your progress page Elyn!!
[/url]
Ally

Postby KimE » Fri Nov 17, 2006 1:42 pm

Well feeling they are germ free can make a difference but you know what

and i was starving

the above was your downfall.

You need healthy snacks on your person at all times! Fruit is the easiest of course but being hungry in a place where there is food about is always going to be a big ask. Think of it as a war....a war on fat...no soldier goes into combat unarmed so you need to have your weapons ready, you need to plan your strategy and kick that hunger in the butt! Ok so I'm being a little silly but hopefully you get my point. :D You can make up snack packs in little zip lock bags of dried fruit and nuts. Rice crackers with low fat cottage cheese to dip them in. I love the four mix beans with taco sauce and fat free natural yoghurt for a spicy snack. I have lots of little tubs and bags for these sorts of things so I have a healthy snack at the ready. Good luck.
Start Weight - 85 kgs
KimE

Postby Ally » Sat Nov 18, 2006 3:40 am

I have a recipe somewhere for a mixture of nuts and dried fruit and popcorn....mmm will have to dig it out and post it for everyone as it is a good balance snack with carbs, protein and fruit.
[/url]
Ally

Postby MissE » Sat Nov 18, 2006 7:24 pm

thanks girls!!! i worked alllll night on friday and didnt eat a chip :D i discovered something better :D the steamed vege bowl! its right near the chip bowl!
i was good today too, cept for a couple drinkies that im not going to begrudge myself..
MissE

Postby kate_turner2000 » Sat Nov 18, 2006 7:35 pm

well done elyn :)

glad that vegie bowl is nice and close on hand for you :) it will definately make a difference :)
kate_turner2000

Postby KimE » Sun Nov 19, 2006 7:28 am

Steamed veges...excellent choice. 10 out of 10 for that one Miss E. :D
Start Weight - 85 kgs
KimE

Postby SarahC » Tue Nov 21, 2006 8:41 am

Well done on eating the veggies instead of the chips :D It is very hard when there's food around and you haven't eaten in ages! I'm lucky being vegetarian that working around all that meat and bones makes me feel quite ill... scraping all the fatty, wobbly and bloody meat and bones off the plates into the bin is one sure fire way to kill my appetite completely! Until desert time that is... :wink:

Taking your own food in is also a great idea. And drinking heaps of water as well.
SarahC

Return to Daily Weight loss Pledge