It is currently Sun Dec 11, 2016 7:27 am

Free Newsletter

No Way!

What do you promise to do today to help lose weight?

Moderator: Moderators

No Way!

Postby MissE » Fri Nov 24, 2006 6:15 am

or should that be 'No Weigh!'
I'm putting tomorrows daily pledge down now, because by the time i get on tomorrow, ill have either kept it or broken it!
I'm NOT going to weigh until Wednesday. I hate getting upset because I have 'gained' even when I'm good, and I know its just a body fluctuating thing.
So I'm going to get up, and drink a glass of water straight away coz i know I wont weigh after i eat or drink. It doubles as a way to get more water!
Any other daily weighers want to oin me in battling the call of the scales?
Life is too important to be taken seriously!
MissE

Postby kate_turner2000 » Fri Nov 24, 2006 6:38 am

hi elyn
sounds like a good pledge you have made there. as sarah suggested the other day -take the battery out of your scales and hide it or get your boyfriend to hide it.
kate_turner2000

Postby SarahC » Fri Nov 24, 2006 7:30 am

Yep that's a good one lol. Alternatively, hide the whole thing.... now if it's out in the car for example, it will be a bit hard to walk outside naked to weigh yourself.... :?

Drinking and eating first thing is a great idea. Unfortunately for me, I know the weight of everything I eat and drink, so I'd just jump on the scales and subtract that from the result :oops: My gosh I even know how much my pyjamas weigh :oops: :oops:

I'd love to join you in this Elyn, but I know that I would cave in :(

Best of luck :D
SarahC

Postby MissE » Sat Nov 25, 2006 8:08 am

Ugh, I suck!!!! Woke up, stumbled to the loo, went to wash my hands, stepped on the scales and THEN remembered my pledge hahaha.
Ah well. As things go, maybe weighing every day isnt that bad. at least when i have a small gain it keeps me on track for the day...
Life is too important to be taken seriously!
MissE

Postby kate_turner2000 » Sat Nov 25, 2006 8:14 am

hi elyn! lol you shouldve taken that battery out hehe. weighing in for some people gives them the incentive to keep going. whatever works for you mate :)
kate_turner2000

Return to Daily Weight loss Pledge