It is currently Tue Dec 06, 2016 3:41 am

Free Newsletter

Kate's Tough Pledge for Tomorrow

What do you promise to do today to help lose weight?

Moderator: Moderators

Kate's Tough Pledge for Tomorrow

Postby kate_turner2000 » Fri Nov 24, 2006 8:29 am

Well my brother turned 28 this week and i am making his birthday cake- a train. from the womans weekly kids cake book. this will give me practice with this sort of thing because i am making heidis birthday cakes every year :) i brought all the things i need for it today. the assortment of lollies and so on. i vow that:

1.i will not lick the bowl or the beaters with that delightful butter cake mix on it

2. i will not 'try' the lollies and m&m's before i decorate the cake with them

3. i will not eat any of the cake at all tomorrow.

even though i am going to the trouble of making the cake (it will be fun and all) but when it comes to heidi's birthday in a few weeks i am going to have a sausage sizzle and a piece of her cake. so i want to hold off til then. also next weekend is my sister in laws birthday at lone star and i wont have cake there of course because it will probably be a yucky sponge cake anyway, but i will be eating those yummy bacon and cheese chippies :) so i dont want to make every weekend a treat thing. i will take photos of the cake though and fingers crossed it turns out ok!!!
kate_turner2000

Postby ~Ash~ » Fri Nov 24, 2006 10:18 am

oh good luck with your pledge Kate!

my mum made my sister and i both those train cakes on the same day when we were turning 4 and 5 i think.. mine was Thomas and hers was Percy, lol!
Just make sure u keep it somewhere cool cos ours melted pretty badly (and our birthdays are in winter!) on a hot day.. all that icing and m&m's and whatnot!

ooh! Lonestart Armarillo cheese fries! my favourite!! have a great weekend!!

Mark is taking me on a date tonight so i'm aiming to not stuff myself stupid on all the yummy food! think i will pick a "fancy" restaurant so the serve is smaller and there are vegies, not chips, for sides! yum yum!
Go team MAGENTA!!!!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
[/url]
~Ash~

Postby kate_turner2000 » Fri Nov 24, 2006 10:23 am

thanks ash! yeah im going to make the cake tomorrow and take it straight over to mums (2 minute drive) :) (my brother still lives at home with my mum and step dad) i will not have any of it though!!!

hmmm your in newcastle... blue water pizza is yummo!! there's plenty of good places up there. enjoy yourself! the last time mick took me on a date was to tenpin bowling! we havent been out to dinner by ourselves for a very long time! enjoy yourself!
kate_turner2000

Postby KimE » Fri Nov 24, 2006 11:58 am

Best of luck Kate you can do it if you put your mind to it.

LOL I love the way you said "I will not 'try' the lollies", that's what we say isn't it I had to try them we know good and well just what they taste like.

I think it is fantastic you are making Heidi's birthday cake. My Mum always made ours growing up and it was a real treasure. My sister now does the same for her kids and sends me the pics of them. Good on ya! Heidi will remember it for years...well maybe not the first one but you know what I mean. :D
Kim - To thine own self be true
Maintainence since 04/11/06
Preferred Weight - Under 60 kgs
Current Weight - 64.8 kgs
Start Weight - 85 kgs
KimE

Postby kate_turner2000 » Fri Nov 24, 2006 12:48 pm

Hi KIm

yeah i think its special to make the cake. even if it a chocolate one with sprinkles! i think thats a part of being a mum- doing fun things like that :) i cant wait to help with homework and make easter hat parade hats and so on.

hehe yeah about those lollies... we do know what they taste like you are right. whenever i grate cheese mick always has to come along into the kitchen and 'taste test' it first. lol.
kate_turner2000

Postby SarahC » Fri Nov 24, 2006 1:46 pm

Good luck Kate... that is certainly a very challenging challenge :D

When making the cake, you want to get as much of the mixture as possible into the tin... so the cake is bigger! Then after you've scraped out as much as possible, but the spoon and the bowl straight into the sink and cover them in water. Cake mixture soaked in water tastes pretty horrible!
SarahC

Postby kate_turner2000 » Fri Nov 24, 2006 2:07 pm

good tip sarah :) will run hot water on them so it all melts and goes yuck!! its gunna be hard because i love raw cake mix lol
kate_turner2000

Postby slimmindown » Fri Nov 24, 2006 3:37 pm

Kate will not take any of the cake............ 8) 8) 8) 8)

nearlly rhymed 8) 8)
[no excuses, I can do it!
slimmindown

Postby kate_turner2000 » Fri Nov 24, 2006 3:57 pm

hehe try saying that 5 times fast~!
kate_turner2000

Postby masm » Fri Nov 24, 2006 5:27 pm

Good luck Kate!! And make sure you post a picture :D

Im making my stepsons "treasure chest" birthday cake for his pirate party next week - its fun isnt it? well that is when it turns out right :lol:
[/url]
masm

Postby kate_turner2000 » Fri Nov 24, 2006 5:51 pm

haha yeah when it turns out right its good fun!!! i think they look really good in the photos in the book so hopefully they look good in real life hehe. make sure you post photos of your treasure chest!
kate_turner2000

Postby Ally » Sat Nov 25, 2006 7:24 am

You will do it Kate, I know you will!!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wGLHYSm/]
[/url]
Ally

Postby kate_turner2000 » Sat Nov 25, 2006 11:33 am

so far so good. made the cake- iced it but with this heat it melted quite a bit and looks crap now lol. will try and fix it up before i run it over to mums place. its in the fridge at the moment.

even when i got icing on my fingers i quickly washed them instead of licking it off my fingers!

the next test is watching everyone else eat it....
kate_turner2000

Postby ~Ash~ » Sat Nov 25, 2006 3:46 pm

good luck kate! hope it goes well! the heat definately doesn't agree with those train cakes does it?

i stuck to my plans 4 last night and had 1 slice of garlic bread, a couple of oysters (mark had never tried them b4, lol, the look on his face when he did was priceless! don't think he realised how strongly flavoured they are :lol: ) and half a bowl of fettuccine siciliana (garlic, seafood, bacon, chilli and olive oil)
didn't even have dessert and had water to drink.. yay!
Go team MAGENTA!!!!
[/url]
~Ash~

Postby kate_turner2000 » Sat Nov 25, 2006 5:07 pm

well done ash! i wish i was there to see his face haha! i hate seafood! you made some great choices well done. where did you end up eating?

today went well. didnt have any cake or any of the left over lollies that are sitting on my kitchen bench for mick to eat. this arvo we went shopping for a couple of things and i drove through the maccas drive through and mick got a meal deal and i drove to subway and got myself a salad. very pelased with myself today !! yay!

p.s. took photos of the cake but photobucket isnt working for the new itnernet explorer (which we have) so will have to post photos some other way :S
kate_turner2000

Next

Return to Daily Weight loss Pledge