Things are going well and I didn't want to add any extra changes until I had been at it for a month or two but I am going to add two more things and tweak number 4 slightly. It is pretty much what I've been doing but by adding it to my pledge I will be conscious to keep it up.
So my 'tweaked' original pledge now reads:
1) I will eat at least 5 different veg a day from at least 3 different colour groups
2) I will drink 3 ltrs of water a day
3) I will ensure I am eating something rich in protein at least 3 times a day
4) I will THINK before I shop/eat 'is there a more nutritious, more natural, lower fat, lower sugar, lower sodium
(i.e. salt), healthier alternative that can do the same job or add the same flavour?'
5) I will poach, steam, grill and generally use the healthiest cooking methods
6) I will look for stairs and cycle or walk to where I need to be whenever practicable
7) I will eat 3 serves of calcuim rich food a day
I will eat breakfast within an hour of getting up every day