It is currently Sun Dec 11, 2016 3:11 pm

Free Newsletter

Green_butterflys Long term pledge

What do you promise to do today to help lose weight?

Moderator: Moderators

Green_butterflys Long term pledge

Postby Green_Butterfly » Thu Nov 30, 2006 7:41 pm

I pledge I will not stop this time, like i have so many others.

I will not regard this as a "diet" or "healthkick" like I have in the past. I will realize this for what it is, a new healthy life for my self, and losing weight will be one of the MANY benefits.

I pledge that one day, I will be able to wear a pair of jeans and a singlet top in public, and feel good about myself. (okay, very vain pledge- but seriously, every time I continue to wear my cardigan or jacket on a really hot day, and people say to me "take of your jacket, aren't you boiling!" and I say no because I dont want anyone to see my arms or my love handles. :oops: It sucks!)

Anyway...I pledge that I will still be writing in this forum untill the day I reach my goal weight!

Have a great night/day all :D

**Bec**
Life's a garden, dig it!!!
Green_Butterfly

Postby kate_turner2000 » Thu Nov 30, 2006 8:00 pm

sounds good! i know what you mean about wearing inappropriate clothing for the weather type. im sick of living in pants during summer. :S looking forward to seeing you achieve your goals :)
kate_turner2000

Postby PearShaped » Fri Dec 01, 2006 7:02 am

I'm DYING to wear a singlet in public!!! :D I wear them at home but I just wish I didn't have to change into a t-shirt or something else everytime we leave the house.
If you can imagine it, you can achieve it.
If you can dream it, you can become it.
PearShaped

Postby originalmel » Sun Feb 04, 2007 1:48 pm

I live in QLD where singlets are impossible to avoid. The other day my 4yo daughter told me I need to get rid of the wobbly bits on my arms!
Mel

"Sugar is, essentially, a legalized recreational drug that's socially acceptable to consume."
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wozyNFd/]
[/url]
originalmel

Postby kate_turner2000 » Sun Feb 04, 2007 2:37 pm

lol the things they say! i had a boy i looked after at preschool ask me if i 'had a baby in there' points to tummy. how embarrassing! i had to avoid him at all costs!
kate_turner2000

Postby zeedeveelgirl » Sun Feb 04, 2007 3:21 pm

Haha I've got a story for ya's... and it wasn't said by a kid, so they had no excuse!!!

I did a short massage course at the start of 2005 when I was first going to Weight Watchers.. I'd only lost a couple of kilo's at this point. Anyway I was about to get on the table for a massage and I was partnered up with this older guy, who was quite overweight himself (had a biiiiiig beer gut).
And he goes to me "Oh are you alright to lay on your belly?" and points to my stomach.
I was like "uhh yes, why wouldn't I be?"
and he got all embarassed and was like "oh, oh no reason!"
And then it clicked - HE THOUGHT I WAS PREGNANT!!
I was absolutely mortified. And I'd only just started Weight Watchers too, way to make me want to throw in the towel!!
zeedeveelgirl

Return to Daily Weight loss Pledge