It is currently Sat Oct 01, 2016 3:55 pm

Free Newsletter

JP & GI's 8 week pledge..

What do you promise to do today to help lose weight?

Moderator: Moderators

Re: JP & GI's 8 week pledge..

Postby DD Diva » Thu Oct 16, 2014 6:44 am

JP1 wrote: Getting back in the swing of things, got to get through this w/e, told my mate I'm off the p!ss for awhile, he said whatever! :lol:

Well done JP, you're off to a great start!! :wink: Don't worry about your mate's "whatever" :roll: just think how awesome you'll feel (and look) when you're back to strutting your stuff in clothes that make you feel a million bucks!!! :wink:

YOU CAN DO THIS JP, Go for Gold, boy!!! :wink:
(just not the amber, if you get my drift)!! :oops:
DD Diva
 

Re: JP & GI's 8 week pledge..

Postby Blitz » Thu Oct 16, 2014 7:08 am

GoddessInside wrote:Nailed Day 2. 1 slight variation ... 1 small snake. Atleast it wasnt a handful. The sucker hit me with reflux straight away so wont be going there again. Suffering with sugar cravings and detoxing hard as at the moment. Have my chromium tablets at hand and have started day 3 off with a bang. Will try to get off to the gym tonight as I just couldn't move from yesterdays boot camp, but may hold off and do a Saturday morning session instead so that Ive worked my way up to 3 sessions for the week at 2nd day intervals ( I have boot camp again tomorrow morning ).

Eating is good, mindset is moving along and working on losing that illustrious JP :mrgreen:


Good on you for being so accountable Helen...others would have kept their mouths shut (and chew secretly). I know all about that dreaded reflux problem. I use to carry two things on my persons at all times...Ventolin for my asthma and Quik-eze. I was so noted for it that my best man at my wedding made a joke about the Quik-eze in his speech! Happy to report that the reflux has all gone with the weight loss and the more healthier lifestyle eating. Something for you to look forward to! :D

Those boot camps will do you the power of good but you are going to be sore (and sorry for yourself :wink: ) until those muscles start kicking in.
Just remember - what doesn't kill you...makes you stronger - the secret is surviving the murder attempt! :lol: :wink:
You are doing really well...I'm mightily impressed with how you and JP are going about this 8 week challenge...all power to you both! 8)

Kim
Was: 153.7kg
Lost: 87kg
Now: keeping it off for life!
User avatar
Blitz
 
Posts: 3325
Joined: Tue Sep 18, 2012 7:05 pm
Location: Perth WA

Re: JP & GI's 8 week pledge..

Postby JP1 » Thu Oct 16, 2014 8:33 am

Got a bit lazy last night and was going to completely skip my walk but felt so guilty I skulked off for 30 mins at about 8.30pm.. Eating was spot on and just have to better motivate myself exercise wise..

Anyway into Day 4
Highs : 107 Kg (24 Sept 2007) : 113.5 Kg (12 Jan 2014) : 112.5 Kg (26 Jan 2016)
Current :99.2 Kg (31 May 2016)
Lows : 78.4 Kg (20 May 2008) : 87.4 Kg (on 16 Dec in both 2009 & 2010) : 82.9 Kg (14 Apr 2011) : 87.1 Kg (4 Jul 2011) : 90.5 Kg (14 Jul 2014)
Target : 94 Kgs by 15th Jul
User avatar
JP1
 
Posts: 3826
Joined: Mon Oct 15, 2007 10:31 pm
Location: Gold Coast, Queensland

Re: JP & GI's 8 week pledge..

Postby DD Diva » Thu Oct 16, 2014 9:01 am

JP1 wrote:Got a bit lazy last night and was going to completely skip my walk but felt so guilty I skulked off for 30 mins at about 8.30pm.. Eating was spot on and just have to better motivate myself exercise wise..

Anyway into Day 4

Well done JP, at least you got in 30 minutes which is 30 minutes more if you'd given in to skipping it altogether!! Bravo!! :wink:
The way you're doing it is good, nice and slow, some people go hell for leather to begin with and (although admirable) burn out quickly. Ease yourself into it, don't be too taxing on yourself or your feelings, if it's only 30 minutes then that's fine, every little bit helps and is a step closer to the healthier you!! Keep going and (again) well done!!! :wink:
DD Diva
 

Re: JP & GI's 8 week pledge..

Postby GoddessInside » Thu Oct 16, 2014 11:52 am

Blitz wrote:
GoddessInside wrote:Nailed Day 2. 1 slight variation ... 1 small snake. Atleast it wasnt a handful. The sucker hit me with reflux straight away so wont be going there again. Suffering with sugar cravings and detoxing hard as at the moment. Have my chromium tablets at hand and have started day 3 off with a bang. Will try to get off to the gym tonight as I just couldn't move from yesterdays boot camp, but may hold off and do a Saturday morning session instead so that Ive worked my way up to 3 sessions for the week at 2nd day intervals ( I have boot camp again tomorrow morning ).

Eating is good, mindset is moving along and working on losing that illustrious JP :mrgreen:


Good on you for being so accountable Helen...others would have kept their mouths shut (and chew secretly). I know all about that dreaded reflux problem. I use to carry two things on my persons at all times...Ventolin for my asthma and Quik-eze. I was so noted for it that my best man at my wedding made a joke about the Quik-eze in his speech! Happy to report that the reflux has all gone with the weight loss and the more healthier lifestyle eating. Something for you to look forward to! :D

Those boot camps will do you the power of good but you are going to be sore (and sorry for yourself :wink: ) until those muscles start kicking in.
Just remember - what doesn't kill you...makes you stronger - the secret is surviving the murder attempt! :lol: :wink:
You are doing really well...I'm mightily impressed with how you and JP are going about this 8 week challenge...all power to you both! 8)

Kim


Thanks for your support Kim :)

I never had reflux before, it is a dreaded side effect of being sleeved, I take a pariet when needed. Luckily I get terrible reflux when I am detoxing only as its my stomachs way of getting back to how it should be !

I am probably one of the most accountable people you will ever meet. I don't lie and share probably way too much, but the way I look at it is if I am sharing my journey with those interested, then, I will share it all, not only the goods, it will be the highs, lows, goods and bads. I am not ashamed of what Ive achieved or how much I still have to go, I am frustrated with how I have handled certain situations and stress has crept back in alongside with the bad habits.

JP and I have been at this for a while and we are always there for eachother. He helped and supported me at times where I truly didn't believe in myself and I will eternally be grateful for his presence in my life. So now, it is time to repay the favour and help push him over the line :)

Everyone struggles, it all comes down to how we plan to over come it :)
SW: 233.2kgs - Nov 2012
SW148.0kgs - 14 Oct 2014
CW 141.2kgs
GW 132kg
User avatar
GoddessInside
 
Posts: 3040
Joined: Fri Nov 16, 2007 3:53 pm
Location: Sydney

Re: JP & GI's 8 week pledge..

Postby Blitz » Fri Oct 17, 2014 7:34 am

Helen, about the time I started on my adventure to lose weight a friend of a friend was noticeably losing weight.
Every time I saw her I would pump her with questions about how she was going about it.
She was always very vague in her replies until one day she levelled with me that she had a gastric banding.
She was a bit ashamed about it feeling that somehow she was "cheating" by doing it the easy way.
I thought it was a strange reaction.
Clearly in our conversions she had laid out enough information for me to understand that was working it just as hard as I was exercise and food wise.

It was only after I read Melanie Tait's book "Fat Chance" with her chronicling her own journey with gastric band surgery and the aftermath that I truly understood that those who resort to surgery are actually taking the far harder path! Tait is full of praise for the surgery and how well it went but the description of what happened with the band adjusting, learning how much the stomach can take and the lifetime commitment to supplements are horrific! On top of all that - she still had to exercise hard and learn good eating habits (with a stomach with a very small tolerance for error).

My hat is off to you...may the reflux quick regress! 8)

Accountability is one of the keys...this trait of your will be the foundation of your success. :D
Accountability is all about getting real with yourself and being honest before the world.
When we stand accountable for our actions...then the responsibility for our actions are seated home - causing us to change and take charge.

I can tell you and JP are old hands at this and work well together.
There is a "shorthand" happening here between you two.
It is great watching you both at work. :)

keep it going guys!

Kim
Was: 153.7kg
Lost: 87kg
Now: keeping it off for life!
User avatar
Blitz
 
Posts: 3325
Joined: Tue Sep 18, 2012 7:05 pm
Location: Perth WA

Re: JP & GI's 8 week pledge..

Postby JP1 » Fri Oct 17, 2014 8:22 am

Shucks GI, thanks for that but I can assure you it's all your own hard work.. Having said that it's nice to have some tough love sometimes and have people give you some home truths..

Anyway I am now into Day 5 and delighted with my week so far.. No doubt there was some fluids to kick start me but getting off to a flyer always gets me motivated.. Now to see out the w/end..
:|
Highs : 107 Kg (24 Sept 2007) : 113.5 Kg (12 Jan 2014) : 112.5 Kg (26 Jan 2016)
Current :99.2 Kg (31 May 2016)
Lows : 78.4 Kg (20 May 2008) : 87.4 Kg (on 16 Dec in both 2009 & 2010) : 82.9 Kg (14 Apr 2011) : 87.1 Kg (4 Jul 2011) : 90.5 Kg (14 Jul 2014)
Target : 94 Kgs by 15th Jul
User avatar
JP1
 
Posts: 3826
Joined: Mon Oct 15, 2007 10:31 pm
Location: Gold Coast, Queensland

Re: JP & GI's 8 week pledge..

Postby DD Diva » Sat Oct 18, 2014 9:20 pm

How's it going JP??? Haven't heard from you all weekend, and I was expected to see your daily reading this morning, which I know (when you get back on track) you kick those kilos to the curb!!! :wink: Just remember, you're not travelling alone and even though the weekends can be tough, we're all here for you (and each other of course). :D
DD Diva
 

Re: JP & GI's 8 week pledge..

Postby Blitz » Sun Oct 19, 2014 6:44 am

Josie...JP isn't reporting because he is too busy moving his sorry butt and sweating it out! :lol:

JP...don't make the above statement a lie - move your sorry butt and sweat it out! :shock: :lol: :wink:

Kim
ps Remember that you are not travelling alone - apparently Josie is there for you! :lol:
pps...okay...okay - so am I! :wink:
Was: 153.7kg
Lost: 87kg
Now: keeping it off for life!
User avatar
Blitz
 
Posts: 3325
Joined: Tue Sep 18, 2012 7:05 pm
Location: Perth WA

Re: JP & GI's 8 week pledge..

Postby DD Diva » Sun Oct 19, 2014 7:42 am

Blitz wrote:JP isn't reporting because he is too busy moving his sorry butt and sweating it out! :lol:

As long as he's not replacing the fluids lost with the amber liquid!!! :shock: :lol: :lol:
DD Diva
 

Re: JP & GI's 8 week pledge..

Postby GoddessInside » Mon Oct 20, 2014 2:03 pm

Oh ! He's moving ?! Thanks for the updatr, i had no idea :)

Ill be weighing in tomorrow as i started up on Tuesday last week after my silly unprepared lapse on Monday. A little embarrassing but better a day late than never :D
SW: 233.2kgs - Nov 2012
SW148.0kgs - 14 Oct 2014
CW 141.2kgs
GW 132kg
User avatar
GoddessInside
 
Posts: 3040
Joined: Fri Nov 16, 2007 3:53 pm
Location: Sydney

Re: JP & GI's 8 week pledge..

Postby Blitz » Tue Oct 21, 2014 6:16 am

GoddessInside wrote:Oh ! He's moving ?! Thanks for the updatr, i had no idea :)

Ill be weighing in tomorrow as i started up on Tuesday last week after my silly unprepared lapse on Monday. A little embarrassing but better a day late than never :D


Helen...we were speculating that JP was hopefully "moving" as in exercising and not as in "moving house".
Mind you JP has been so quiet there is a gathering feeling that he has done a runner of some kind! :(

I'm looking forward to see what you post as your first challenge weigh in. :)
May it be a good start to a successful challenge for you! 8)

Kim
Was: 153.7kg
Lost: 87kg
Now: keeping it off for life!
User avatar
Blitz
 
Posts: 3325
Joined: Tue Sep 18, 2012 7:05 pm
Location: Perth WA

Re: JP & GI's 8 week pledge..

Postby GoddessInside » Tue Oct 21, 2014 6:33 am

Having a total blonde moment lol sorry about that !

Here's my weigh in:

SW: 148.0kgs
Week 1: 144.3kgs -3.7kgs

Really not happy with that, not sure what my body is doing. That's the smallest first week number I've pulled. Oh well, I'll keep going. Bring on Week 2 :)
SW: 233.2kgs - Nov 2012
SW148.0kgs - 14 Oct 2014
CW 141.2kgs
GW 132kg
User avatar
GoddessInside
 
Posts: 3040
Joined: Fri Nov 16, 2007 3:53 pm
Location: Sydney

Re: JP & GI's 8 week pledge..

Postby DD Diva » Tue Oct 21, 2014 7:39 am

GoddessInside wrote:Having a total blonde moment lol sorry about that !

Here's my weigh in:

SW: 148.0kgs
Week 1: 144.3kgs -3.7kgs

Really not happy with that, not sure what my body is doing. That's the smallest first week number I've pulled. Oh well, I'll keep going. Bring on Week 2 :)

WELL DONE!!! :)
That's quite an impressive result, and one you should be very very proud of (I most certainly would be).
Don't be disheartened, with all your bootcamp workouts you've probably built some muscle (as we all know because muscle weighs more than fat) your loss is not as much as you would have liked, but it is still an excellent result. Congrats!!! :wink:
DD Diva
 

Re: JP & GI's 8 week pledge..

Postby GoddessInside » Tue Oct 21, 2014 1:40 pm

Thank You Diva :) Probably doesn't help that Im also battling my 2nd bout of Bronchitis in 4 weeks.

No excuses here though, gotta keep on truckin' :D

JP where the hell are you BIATCH !?!
SW: 233.2kgs - Nov 2012
SW148.0kgs - 14 Oct 2014
CW 141.2kgs
GW 132kg
User avatar
GoddessInside
 
Posts: 3040
Joined: Fri Nov 16, 2007 3:53 pm
Location: Sydney

PreviousNext

Return to Daily Weight loss Pledge

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest