It is currently Sat Dec 03, 2016 10:33 pm

Free Newsletter

A chocolate-less week!

What do you promise to do today to help lose weight?

Moderator: Moderators

A chocolate-less week!

Postby zeedeveelgirl » Wed Dec 27, 2006 9:00 pm

I've decided to 'detox' from Christmas that I'm not going to have any choccies, sweets, cakes etc etc until after New Years. Part of the reason is because I know I ate enough to last me at LEAST a week on Christmas Day & Boxing Day, the other part is that I feel soo bogged down and gross from the cakes and chocolates I had that I am craving fruits and veges.. that can only be a good thing !!! :P
zeedeveelgirl

Postby Ally » Wed Dec 27, 2006 9:12 pm

There is nothing worse than that overstuffed feeling is there mate?? LOL I was the same and craved veges over the Chrissy period...I love it that my body is not used to so much crap anymore and that I prefer fruit and veg over the yukky stodgy stuff...Feel glad mate as it means that you are heading in the right direction!!! Yay!!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wGLHYSm/]
[/url]
Ally

Postby SarahC » Thu Dec 28, 2006 7:03 am

I must say I'm doing the same thing. I have a small collection of christmas leftovers, which despite being extremely delicious, just don't appeal at the moment. I'm going out on NYE and have to fit into the dress that I'm planning on wearing, so that's extra motivation lol. After that, I'll guts all the leftovers :lol: Bring on the fresh fruit and veg - yay!
SarahC

Postby kate_turner2000 » Thu Dec 28, 2006 7:08 am

hi :)

sounds like a plan to me! i got lots of goodies but i want tog et through them before new years so i dont have to look at them after new years. even though ive been having a few weeks break from weightlosing, and being able to eat things i wouldnt normally eat, i find that after i eat them i dont feel good in myself at all, i feel yuck! so best wishes for your detox!!
kate_turner2000

Postby zeedeveelgirl » Thu Dec 28, 2006 11:47 am

Thanks for your support guys! I'm sure my body will thank me for doing this!!!

And Ally, you're so right about our bodies not being used to eating so much, I'm happy that I'm craving the right foods now :D
zeedeveelgirl

Postby slimmindown » Thu Dec 28, 2006 11:51 am

sounds like a great plan, kick those choccys to the curb :lol:
[no excuses, I can do it!
slimmindown

Postby KimE » Thu Dec 28, 2006 5:19 pm

It's a good plan for sure.

Although I am with Kate wanna get through the leftovers to be able to start fresh in the New Year, have been eating reasonably well the last few days though so I know I still have the healthy eating bug in me! :D
Kim - To thine own self be true
Maintainence since 04/11/06
Preferred Weight - Under 60 kgs
Current Weight - 64.8 kgs
Start Weight - 85 kgs
KimE

Postby zeedeveelgirl » Thu Dec 28, 2006 5:38 pm

Well, at least Christmas is good for one thing :P I've been craving rockmelon for the past 2 days!! Now that's one craving I can indulge in!!
zeedeveelgirl

Postby zeedeveelgirl » Fri Dec 29, 2006 6:19 pm

Woohoo, junk food-less week is going very well! Usually I let myself have a little treat after dinner but not this week! I'm still craving rockmelon like mad, and now cherries too.. yum!!
I feel soooo much better, much less bloated and weighed-down. Yay for me :D
zeedeveelgirl

Postby kate_turner2000 » Fri Dec 29, 2006 7:02 pm

lol wish i craved fruit, i have peaches, nectarenes, mangos, cherries, rockmelon, watermelon, grapes and kiwi fruit here and i dont eat those fruits yuck! lol. keep up the great work (i had a magnum after dinner yum yum lol)
kate_turner2000

Postby zeedeveelgirl » Fri Dec 29, 2006 7:14 pm

kate_turner2000 wrote:lol wish i craved fruit, i have peaches, nectarenes, mangos, cherries, rockmelon, watermelon, grapes and kiwi fruit here and i dont eat those fruits yuck! lol. keep up the great work (i had a magnum after dinner yum yum lol)

oooh i love fruit!!! except mangos, persimmons and paw paw - yuck! at the moment in my fridge i have fresh pineapple, rockmelon, cherries, nectarines and apricots.. mmm :D i had some cherries with diet jelly before.. mm :D i'm loving the fruit cravings..
zeedeveelgirl

Postby kate_turner2000 » Fri Dec 29, 2006 7:16 pm

i love fresh pineapple. could eat that all day, as well as bananas, and green apples! they say you should only eat two serves of low gi fruit a day though but i suppose fruit is better than chocolate in the long run haha
kate_turner2000

Postby zeedeveelgirl » Fri Dec 29, 2006 7:22 pm

kate_turner2000 wrote:i love fresh pineapple. could eat that all day, as well as bananas, and green apples! they say you should only eat two serves of low gi fruit a day though but i suppose fruit is better than chocolate in the long run haha

oooh i have granny smith apples in the fridge too :D hahah jeez, what fruit DON'T i have/!?!
yeah that's true, because fruit has a lot of natural sugar! i usually have about 2 serves so i don't go overboard! but you're right, it's much better than choccy!
zeedeveelgirl

Return to Daily Weight loss Pledge