It is currently Mon Dec 05, 2016 3:19 am

Free Newsletter

New Years Eve Pledge

What do you promise to do today to help lose weight?

Moderator: Moderators

New Years Eve Pledge

Postby zeedeveelgirl » Sun Dec 31, 2006 11:07 am

I'm going to my friend's place for New Year's tonight, and every time I go over there for a party/get together she ALWAYS has terrible food set out for everyone to eat - lollies, chocolates, dips etc... and even though I've always eaten dinner beforehand and am not usually too hungry, I can never resist for some reason!? I think it's because everyone else is so comfortable eating it and they're all bigger sized people and they don't seem to care..
Last time I was there I had my hand stuck in the m&m's bowl for half the night!!! Another time it was marshmallows.

This time will be different. I'm prepared! I've gone out and bought watermelon, grapes, air-popped popcorn (Mother Earth brand) and Apero rice snacks. I'm going leave myself plenty of kilojoules so that if I have to nibble at something, I will try to stick to the foods that I brought.

Wish me luck, this is going to be an extremely tough challenge!!!!

Em
zeedeveelgirl

Postby kate_turner2000 » Sun Dec 31, 2006 11:43 am

hi em
my saying always is: you dont need to eat to be social :) so go and ahve a great time and sip water or whatever it is you are dirnking and you wont be digging into those lollie bowls if you have a hand with water in it- most importantly have fun, you only live once!
kate_turner2000

Postby zeedeveelgirl » Sun Dec 31, 2006 11:53 am

kate_turner2000 wrote:hi em
my saying always is: you dont need to eat to be social :) so go and ahve a great time and sip water or whatever it is you are dirnking and you wont be digging into those lollie bowls if you have a hand with water in it- most importantly have fun, you only live once!

Cheers Kate :) :) I always seem to struggle with this group though.. every other one of my friends, I'm fine with!!! It's so weird..
I'll let you know how I go!! I'm going to do my very best! I WILL SUCCEED :D
Have a great new years!
zeedeveelgirl

Postby zeedeveelgirl » Mon Jan 01, 2007 2:12 pm

Woah, I did it!!!!
I stuck to my fruit, popcorn and Apero crackers (which are sooo yummy!!!) and I also had some of this cous cous salad (cous cous, baby spinach, cherry tomatoes, capsicum, spanish onion, chillies - YUM!) that someone made.

I resisted marshmallows, chips, lollies, oatmeal & raisin cookies (made by an American lady, apparently they were 'censored cookies', they were that god!!!), and get this - an "Ice Magic" fondue with strawberry/vanilla wafer biscuits.

And the best part? I didn't even want any of it!!! This is the first time I think I've gone out in a social situation since I started my weight loss and not been sitting there the whole time thinking to myself "I want that. No, you can't have that. But I want itttt... Okay, just one. One won't hurt.. Okay, grab a handful, go on. Oh god, I just ate 3 handfuls of M&Ms. I'm going to pay for this one". Hahah, that's seriously how it usually goes!!!

Oh hang on, that wasn't the best part of the evening... I met a very nice guy :D :D *does a dance*

Enough of my babbling :P
Em
zeedeveelgirl

Postby kate_turner2000 » Mon Jan 01, 2007 2:12 pm

so how did it go emma???
kate_turner2000

Postby zeedeveelgirl » Mon Jan 01, 2007 2:14 pm

kate_turner2000 wrote:so how did it go emma???

how funny, i must have been typing my reply at the same time as you!! seeing as mine was a short novel, you got in first :P :P
zeedeveelgirl

Postby kate_turner2000 » Mon Jan 01, 2007 2:19 pm

Hi emma

sounds like you had a great night! you know when something clicks in your mind and you know that you can get by without those bikkies or lollies or cheesy dishes. whatever it may be. so well done!

was the guy you met a spunk?!! lol
kate_turner2000

Postby zeedeveelgirl » Mon Jan 01, 2007 2:28 pm

kate_turner2000 wrote:Hi emma

sounds like you had a great night! you know when something clicks in your mind and you know that you can get by without those bikkies or lollies or cheesy dishes. whatever it may be. so well done!

was the guy you met a spunk?!! lol

yeah it was great :D i think that something has finally clicked for me. as soon as i realised it, i felt so much better!

and yeah, he is a total spunk :D sooo cute, couldn't believe my luck!!! we're going to the movies tonight!! :twisted: :P
zeedeveelgirl

Postby kate_turner2000 » Mon Jan 01, 2007 2:34 pm

oooh nice one :) my first trip to the movies with my fiance to be was to see crappy starsky and hutch i had a cold and my nose was running and i couldnt hear because my ears really hurt. worse date ever! lol so i hope yours goes really well for you em!!
kate_turner2000

Postby zeedeveelgirl » Mon Jan 01, 2007 2:36 pm

kate_turner2000 wrote:oooh nice one :) my first trip to the movies with my fiance to be was to see crappy starsky and hutch i had a cold and my nose was running and i couldnt hear because my ears really hurt. worse date ever! lol so i hope yours goes really well for you em!!

hahha oh dear!!! i'm feeling alright luckily! not sure what we're seeing at the cinemas, we're going to figure it out once we get there.
you're right tho, starsky and hutch did suck!!!!
i hope it does well too :D i'll keep ya posted!! :P hehehe
zeedeveelgirl

Postby Lolly » Mon Jan 01, 2007 2:43 pm

Oi Starsky and Hutch didn't suck - it was a fantastic take off of the original and contained Owen Wilson eyecandy :shock:

But then again, I am old enough to remember the TV series :oops:
Every day I am getting thinner and thinner.....

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wOMybmc/]
[/url]
Lolly

Postby zeedeveelgirl » Mon Jan 01, 2007 2:52 pm

Lolly wrote:Oi Starsky and Hutch didn't suck - it was a fantastic take off of the original and contained Owen Wilson eyecandy :shock:

But then again, I am old enough to remember the TV series :oops:

You're totally right about Owen Wilson eyecandy!! Maybe you have to see the original to appreciate it?
Love Owen tho :D :D
zeedeveelgirl

Postby KimE » Mon Jan 01, 2007 5:25 pm

LOL at Starsky and Hutch.

You did very well Emma to stick with you fruit and low fat snacks.

Hope you have a lovely night tonight. :D
Kim - To thine own self be true
Maintainence since 04/11/06
Preferred Weight - Under 60 kgs
Current Weight - 64.8 kgs
Start Weight - 85 kgs
KimE

Postby kate_turner2000 » Mon Jan 01, 2007 8:05 pm

oi lolly, you are showing your age there mate! lol. owen wilsons nose really annoys me. a few of us are still battling it out over who has the right to share johnny depps bed with him... *drool*

have a great night em, see something worth paying the money for, the movies are so expensive these days. (i wanna see marie antoinette :) )
kate_turner2000

Postby Ally » Mon Jan 01, 2007 9:07 pm

Hey Em congrats on sticking to your New Years pledge mate....

Hope you enjoy your night at the movies with you new found spunk...we expect goss!!! (nah just kidding.....but you can share if you want to :P )
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wGLHYSm/]
[/url]
Ally

Next

Return to Daily Weight loss Pledge