It is currently Sat Dec 10, 2016 7:50 pm

Free Newsletter

No sugary treats for me for the next two weeks

What do you promise to do today to help lose weight?

Moderator: Moderators

No sugary treats for me for the next two weeks

Postby milkyway » Fri Mar 02, 2007 11:36 am

Day one down, into day 2 now. Feeling OK. Was climbing the walls a bit last night so I took the dog for a quick walk around the block at about 10pm. He's gonna love this no sugar thing :D He was so excited to be out walking after dark he practically danced down the street. Too cute!
Just keep moving! And don't be lazy...
------------------------
SW: 74.3kg - 1/1/09
CW: 71.1kg - 3/5/09
GW 62kg
milkyway

Postby Justjudy » Fri Mar 02, 2007 1:22 pm

Great pledge Milkyway! The dog will obviously benefit as well, he will probably want you to make it a permanent pledge :lol:

Judy :D
Reach for the moon, at least you'll land among the stars.

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wFABM9h/]
[/url]
Justjudy

Postby kate_turner2000 » Fri Mar 02, 2007 2:19 pm

i agree- nice pledge u can stick to it- just remember that u have to report back to us with how u are going!
kate_turner2000

Postby Butterfly_Dawn » Fri Mar 02, 2007 3:44 pm

I'm gonna jump on board with you on this pledge!!! I've gone 2 days - 12 days to go
35kg lost. (November 2005 - October 2006)
15kg gained again (as at October 2010).
Back to the drawing board - Let's do this thing!

"You can't change the winds, but you can change the sails"

"Reach out and take control of what lands in your lap"

Butterfly_Dawn

Postby milkyway » Fri Mar 02, 2007 9:20 pm

Butterfly_Dawn wrote:I'm gonna jump on board with you on this pledge!!! I've gone 2 days - 12 days to go

yay! someone to share my pain :P

Day two and I'm doing fine. I stoppped by my sister's house earlier and she had a whole lot of mini easter eggs on the table and straight away and I went to grab one (imagining that sweetie goodness) and then remembered that I was on the no sugar fix, so resisted temptation. Phew!

About to walk the dog (again) before I start climbing the walls.
------------------------
GW 62kg
milkyway

Postby kate_turner2000 » Fri Mar 02, 2007 9:47 pm

nice one milky :) keep it up
kate_turner2000

Postby KimE » Fri Mar 02, 2007 11:34 pm

Nice pledge Milkyway and good on you Tegan for joining in. Stay strong gals.
Kim - To thine own self be true
Maintainence since 04/11/06
Preferred Weight - Under 60 kgs
Current Weight - 64.8 kgs
Start Weight - 85 kgs
KimE

Postby Ally » Sat Mar 03, 2007 8:21 am

What sort of dog do you have milkyway?? It's going to be a fit little bugger!! WEll done on resisting those little mini eggs!!

Keep going Tegan, you can make it too!!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wGLHYSm/]
[/url]
Ally

Postby milkyway » Sat Mar 03, 2007 11:30 am

Ally wrote:What sort of dog do you have milkyway?? It's going to be a fit little bugger!! WEll done on resisting those little mini eggs!!

He's a very placid, sleepy, lazy greyhound.

We adopted him last year through the Greyhound Adoption Program -- he's an ex-racer given up by his owner/trainer to the program, rather than euthanised as 1000s are each year after they have 'served their purpose' :(.

They sleep 20 hours a day (lazy buggers!), are very affectionate, do weird things like sleep on their backs and smile and my boy's teeth chatter when he gets excited. He's just a delight.

Contrary to what a lot of people think, (myself included before I did the research), they are not aggressive (certainly not the ones put through the program that undergo rigorous testing) and they are known as the 45mph couch potatoes :lol: So true! They only require a walk 3-4 times per week of 20 mins, but I try to take my boy out twice a day for 20-30mins each time.
------------------------
GW 62kg
milkyway

Postby kate_turner2000 » Sat Mar 03, 2007 12:19 pm

thats sooo nice. wish we could get a pet but its not fair to the pet if we get one as we cant afford the time to spend with it and afford vet bills and food etc. one day we will get one.

greyhounds are ugly dogs !! lol, but i think there is some cuteness about them. if i got one id call it santa's little helper hehe
kate_turner2000

Postby KimE » Sat Mar 03, 2007 2:47 pm

I like the sleek lines of greyhounds and think they are graceful looking dogs. I always thought they wore those mouth guards more so they wouldn't eat the wrong foods as if they are racers there diet is strictly controlled. I never knew if this was a load of codswallop or not!
Start Weight - 85 kgs
KimE

Postby milkyway » Sat Mar 03, 2007 3:51 pm

Aw Kate - my boy is beautiful :D

Kim, all greyhounds by law in Australia must be muzzled in public - it's an antiquated law that unfortunatley feeds the common misconception that they are aggressive animals -- but like any breed, there are a few that are aggressive and have caused injuries to humans and other dogs.

Fortunately in Victoria and some other states, greyhounds that are adopted through that state's Greyhoung Racing board (such as the Victorian Greyhound Adoption Program) do not require a muzzle in public.

They are easily identifiable to the authorities (and those in the know) as GAP dogs because of the green collar they have to wear in public.

Because greys are bred for athleticism and not for looks, they tend to live very long, healthy lives and require little vet intervention. For example, they don't get hip displaysia as they age which many other dogs get.

Racing dogs have a very strict and usually soft food diet as they need to be kept ultra-thin for racing. One bad side effect of the soft diet is bad teeth. I have to brush my boy's teeth daily with Salvol or he has THE worst breath, poor thing. Our guy has put on a bit of weight since we've had him and his coat now is gloriously soft and shiny. I swear, you wouldn't pat a softer dog.

The muzzles are worn to stop them from biting other dogs, even in play. Greys have almost no body fat, so their injuries, even a small scrape, can be like an open tear. So the muzzles are there for their own protection, really.

And because they have very little body fat, they have to lie on something soft. Our guy has a foam mattress inside and one outside and a doona and coat to keep him warm on the cold days :lol:
------------------------
GW 62kg
milkyway

Postby KimE » Sat Mar 03, 2007 4:59 pm

Aww I think he looks sweet and has beautiful markings on his coat.
Start Weight - 85 kgs
KimE

Postby kate_turner2000 » Sat Mar 03, 2007 9:37 pm

aw look at da wittle puppy doggy!!
kate_turner2000

Postby Justjudy » Sat Mar 03, 2007 10:02 pm

I have a big old fat labradore that sheds hair everywhere, :roll: and smiles all the time. :D He is also unbeleivably patient and takes everything that my 3 year old throws at him. :shock:

His idea of a walk is picking my 9 year old up from school, just over a block away. :lol:

Judy :D
Reach for the moon, at least you'll land among the stars.

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wFABM9h/]
[/url]
Justjudy

Next

Return to Daily Weight loss Pledge