It is currently Wed Dec 07, 2016 9:38 pm

Free Newsletter

Protein bars & Ice cream

What do you promise to do today to help lose weight?

Moderator: Moderators

Protein bars & Ice cream

Postby SarahC » Mon Mar 26, 2007 1:00 pm

I'm not sure if this is a confession or a pledge... I think it is a bit of both. I realised last night that I have absolutely no control over what goes into my mouth from the time I finish eating dinner to the time I eat breakfast. Last night I sat and ate my way through three whole protein bars... and I did the same thing Friday night as well! Over those two nights, I would have gobbled up an extra 8000kJ :shock: :shock:

I woke up this morning, and had some vague recollection of eating something during the night... but I couldn't remember what it was! So I looked into the pantry to find my packet of power wraps open (they're like mountain bread wraps I guess, just low carb/high protein version) and some leftover baked beans in the fridge :shock: Then I remembered I had opened the wraps and put cold baked beans inside. Attempting to eat that in my half awake state, I had dripped baked beans all down my pyjamas!!

So, apart from being annoyed because I had only just washed the pyjamas :x , it was also scary because I didn't even remember what I had done. I can't even say what time it was even! I had to look in the cupboard to remind myself. I'm like a drunk who doesn't remember how much they drank :cry: :cry:

Well, confession over, here come the pledges :roll:

1. I am not buying any more protein bars until after Easter at least. I only have one left out of my previously massive stash, so that's just gonna have to last!

2. I already resolved not to buy anymore icecream until after Easter as well as I proved to myself a few weeks back that I can't be trusted with that either!

3. Every night before I leave work (or at some stage before dinner if I'm not at work) I will write up a To-Do-List, and write down everything I will do from the minute I walk in the door to the minute I go to bed. And I will do only the things written on the list. If eating is not on the list then I won't do it! I tried this once before and it worked alright. Now, I'm stuck doing it every night :twisted:
SarahC

Postby kate_turner2000 » Mon Mar 26, 2007 1:34 pm

hi sarah i have so much respect for you mate. you realise when you are having a sad and down time and you take proactive steps to making the wrong a right! i know you can overcome this mate, stick to the plan and you will do great.

as for easter do you eat regular choccy bunnies?
kate_turner2000

Postby zeedeveelgirl » Mon Mar 26, 2007 2:40 pm

Well done Sarah, this sounds like a great pledge!!
Wow, that is really scary about not remembering at first about eating the baked bean wrap!! That's like those sleep-eaters you hear about!!! Have you tried listening to like a relaxation/hypnosis CD at night??
Good luck, I know you'll do great on this pledge :D
zeedeveelgirl

Postby Justjudy » Mon Mar 26, 2007 3:09 pm

Good on you for taking action Sarah. The to do list sounds like a good idea, not only will it stop you eating, it will help you get a lot of little extras acheived.

Judy :D
Reach for the moon, at least you'll land among the stars.

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wFABM9h/]
[/url]
Justjudy

Postby Dee » Mon Mar 26, 2007 8:36 pm

Good luck Sarah. Well done on stopping the cycle before it gets too far out of control.

Dee
[url=http://www.phenforum.com/ticker/]
[/url]
Dee

Postby SarahC » Tue Mar 27, 2007 9:51 am

Thanks guys! Well, I wrote up my list yesterday and followed it to the letter last night. I did have a tiny nibble while I was working my way through it, but nothing too major :oops: I even got in a few extras that weren't on the list! It's amazing what you can achieve when you remove yourself from the kitchen and stop shoving food into your mouth for one minute :D

I listened to one of my relaxation tapes before bed as well. Not sure if it helped, but it can't have hurt.

Still undecided about the chocolate at Easter, Kate. I'm not too sure that I have deserved any... might try and give it away, we'll see :?
SarahC

Postby kate_turner2000 » Tue Mar 27, 2007 10:20 am

of course you deserve it ;) we all deserve to indulge at certain times of the year.
kate_turner2000

Postby Puffer » Tue Mar 27, 2007 10:18 pm

Good work on holding off - I have the same problem after dinner I just go crazy and want to eat everything in sight. I think keeping the bad foods out the house is half the battle. The other half is stopping myself from going out to buy them after dinner because they isn't 'anything to eat' (as if I hadn't just eaten) :oops:

PS... Sarah what kind of protein bars taste so good you can't stop yourself from eating them?
Puffer

Postby SarahC » Wed Mar 28, 2007 10:12 am

Hi Christina. I get the HPLC bars, either chocolate or chocolate crunch. Also the Protein delite bars, which are the same as the chocolate crunch ones, just half the size and covered in chocolate...

It definitely helps not to have the tempting foods around. I find that if I start to get out of control with a certain food, then I just won't allow myself to buy it anymore for a while until I feel I can control myself with it.

Also, I put my PJs on as soon as I get home (can't wait to get out of my work clothes!!), so that's a great way to stop myself leaving the house... I can't be bothered getting dressed again :roll: Only done it once so far touch wood! Maybe get someone to look after your car keys at night time - hide them from you :wink:
SarahC

Postby Puffer » Wed Mar 28, 2007 9:08 pm

We have too many random visitors at night for me to get straight into my PJs... though it is a good idea!

I do the same thing - if I go crazy over a particular food I ban it from the house. The list is too big to post here ;)
Puffer

Postby SarahC » Thu Apr 05, 2007 10:24 am

Ok, I went and bought one protein bar on Tuesday, with the intention of eating some of it today. Reason being I had a big weight training session planned and thought I would need the extra protein. But, I managed to make a little piggy of myself last night and ate a bit more than I would have liked :( So, as punishment I will not be able to eat the protein bar today. But... it is sitting here in the drawer beside my desk and I'm afraid that I will be tempted to eat it later today. I will put it in my car later on, so hopefully that will help somewhat.

Anyway, I promise not to eat any of this silly little protein bar until after my workout tomorrow. I'm going to eat one quarter of the jolly thing each day of the easter break :roll: Then I'll buy another after that one's finished...

The to-do-lists have been going along nicely, and seem to have helped with the after dinner eating. However, the during the night eating is still getting to me. So, I'm going to try going cold turkey from tonight until next Friday night the 13th (I'm off to a wedding on the 14th which is why I picked this day... have to fit into my dress!!). That's 9 nights. The idea will be that I will clean my teeth after dinner and will not eat anything until the next morning. But if I'm desperate, I will have a small snack, no more than 500kJ and it can't be anything that will get stuck in my teeth and mess them up :lol:

If I bugger up I'll report each instance in here and thoroughly embarass myself :roll:
SarahC

Postby kate_turner2000 » Thu Apr 05, 2007 12:57 pm

hi sarah

sounds like you have amde some great decisions there- go and put that protien bar in the car mate you dont need it yet!!! let us know how it goes and we expect to see photos of you all dressed up for the wedding :)
kate_turner2000

Postby SarahC » Fri Apr 06, 2007 2:39 pm

Hehe... I should have taken photos on NYE, I wore the same dress then but was a couple of kilos lighter then!! :(

The HPLC bar survived the night I'm pleased to report. But I managed to gobble the whole thing up this morning! But, I have an excellent excuse... I nearly chopped my little finger off this morning :shock: My mum gave me this wiz bang knife for christmas & I thought I'd use it to cut this massive cabbage I bought this morning. Bad move!! My bathroom sink was just covered in blood, it wouldn't stop bleeding. And I had to leave the gym early as it was hurting so much :cry: Typing right now is a little uncomfortable.... poor me!!! :(

Done a bit of comfort eating today... still recovering from the shock!
SarahC

Postby SarahC » Fri Apr 06, 2007 2:41 pm

Oh and all the supermarkets are closed today. Woo hoo that's one blessing at least. Won't be able to go out and restock lol :roll:
SarahC

Postby kate_turner2000 » Fri Apr 06, 2007 3:17 pm

hey sarah-

ouch!!!! hope its ok?? i hate cuts on my hands or fingers. it really hurts to do anything from cooking, changing nappies, showering, washing up etc. pain in the butt it is!! hope you feel better soon. blame your mum for that one!!
kate_turner2000

Next

Return to Daily Weight loss Pledge