It is currently Sat Dec 10, 2016 5:56 pm

Free Newsletter

Easter Pledge

What do you promise to do today to help lose weight?

Moderator: Moderators

Postby kate_turner2000 » Wed Apr 04, 2007 5:15 pm

well the actual pledge says chocolate confectionary- so i wouldnt count jarrah. ive had a jarrah this week
kate_turner2000

Postby milkyway » Wed Apr 04, 2007 5:17 pm

Phew! Ive had a cup the past 2 days. Yummm - thanks for the tip ;)
Just keep moving! And don't be lazy...
------------------------
SW: 74.3kg - 1/1/09
CW: 71.1kg - 3/5/09
GW 62kg
milkyway

Postby Mandie » Wed Apr 04, 2007 9:53 pm

And.. *smash*

That would be the sound of me breaking my pledge. I'm at work, and I had a lindt easter egg that was offered to me without even thinking about it! Doh!

On the bright side, I just had one, and I'm going for a run tonight, so I'll still hopefully get my star for today. And considering I'm not actually doing anything for Easter Sunday (family is Jewish), I was thinking that I could just go without the easter egg on Sunday and then I'm even....

...right?
Mandie

Postby tinker » Wed Apr 04, 2007 11:05 pm

I Suzie will not let a morsel of chocolate confectionary touch my lips until Easter Sunday 8th April 2007. I will stay strong and will remind myself that i do not need any stinkin' chocolate before then. I will imagine how sweet and creamy the chocolate will taste on Easter Sunday. I will appreciate it more then, instead of now. I will come to this forum for support with this pledge and if i break my promise to everyone here- and more importantly myself, then i will confess my sins here.

I haven't eaten chocolate for so long (over 3 months) that I don't even have the desire to eat easter eggs. I might go one step further & pledge not to eat any chocolate for easter. We'll see...I might have to eat my words & the easter eggs :wink: !
tinker

Postby kate_turner2000 » Thu Apr 05, 2007 7:08 am

hey mandie good on you for confessing mate. sometimes we totally forget and go to eat something. that happened to me with pasta once and i spat it out into the bin without swallowing it. i hope you have a nice easter even though you are jewish :) a friend i grew up with was jehovahs witness and i still gave her xmas cards and easter eggs hehe. i think you can still have an egg on sunday if you wish- in terms of chocolate the pledge says that you will not eat a morsel til sunday- so you gotta have a smidge if you feel like it. hope the run went well. :)

hey tinker good on you mate!!!! 3 months is a long time i reckon!!! see how you go over easter weekend and let us know if you give in to temptation or not :)
kate_turner2000

Postby Ally » Thu Apr 05, 2007 7:33 am

*BANG CRASH TINKLE TINKLE*

that would be the sound of mine going too!! I am such an idiot...I bought some Easter eggs for the kids teachers and I went really well...had none, and then Scott came home and then the kids and well.....wait for it....when I break something I do it well.....I had 10 of the little buggers (mini eggs 375Calories worth!) I didn't think I was doing too bad until I stopped and counted them....oh well I just thought I would confess it and get it off my chest....I was going so well :roll: :roll: I at least know that the calorie content was bad enough but it could have been much worse, not that it justifies it or anything.....
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wGLHYSm/]
[/url]
Ally

Postby kate_turner2000 » Thu Apr 05, 2007 7:49 am

wow 375 worth? those little solid eggs? wow its good to know this stuff!! good on you for confessing ally, you are a real trooper and i dont rekon it will interfere with your weightloss as you make great choices during the week :)
kate_turner2000

Postby SarahC » Thu Apr 05, 2007 10:01 am

The little solid eggs are the best! I have trouble resisting them too, cos they're so small. But, it is hard to stop at one :( Well done on the confessions Ally and Mandie. At least you know the calories etc and will be able to make it up by having less later :wink:

We had a visit from the easter bunny here at work this morning and he (or she?) left two of the little devils on everyone's desk. Mine are hidden and I have forgotten that I ever saw them!

Lucky Jarrah doesn't count. I also don't count sugar free chocolate lol. Hehe, I put fine print in my pledge! The fine print also said that I won't eat any chocolate after easter, which I won't! That was my downfall last year. I hid it all at the top of my pantry then one day I ate the lot. All in one go! I will not have a repeat performance this year :!:
SarahC

Postby Dee » Thu Apr 05, 2007 10:02 am

That is amazing! 10 eggs is as more calories than I eat for breakfast!

Never mind Ally, you only broke it once, and you have been SO good til now.
[url=http://www.phenforum.com/ticker/]
[/url]
Dee

Postby dancer » Thu Apr 05, 2007 11:55 am

I DANCER will not let a morsel of chocolate confectionary touch my lips until Easter Sunday 8th April 2007. I will stay strong and will remind myself that i do not need any stinkin' chocolate before then. I will imagine how sweet and creamy the chocolate will taste on Easter Sunday. I will appreciate it more then, instead of now. I will come to this forum for support with this pledge and if i break my promise to everyone here- and more importantly myself, then i will confess my sins here.

I will also only have a small taste of chocolate on Easter Sunday and not gorge myself on the day!

Good Luck everyone!
Winners MAKE things happen,
Losers LET things happen.

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w8P4eP1/]
[/url]
dancer

Postby kate_turner2000 » Thu Apr 05, 2007 10:46 pm

Dear Lord please forgive my sins....

1x chocolate chip hot cross bun from bakers delight - pretty good! never had one before

and i accompanied that with a white chocolate jarrah.

after the day i had i didnt care what was going in my mouth.
kate_turner2000

Postby Justjudy » Thu Apr 05, 2007 11:38 pm

kate_turner2000 wrote:Dear Lord please forgive my sins....

1x chocolate chip hot cross bun from bakers delight - pretty good! never had one before

and i accompanied that with a white chocolate jarrah.

after the day i had i didnt care what was going in my mouth.

Never mind Kate, I too have had days like that a lot in the last couple of weeks. Could you really call a hot crossed bun chocolate confectionary? It certainly would be a better choice than a block of chocolate or half a packet of mini eggs.

Judy :D
Reach for the moon, at least you'll land among the stars.

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wFABM9h/]
[/url]
Justjudy

Postby milkyway » Thu Apr 05, 2007 11:39 pm

Yeah, Judy's right, Kate. Coulda been a lot worse!
------------------------
GW 62kg
milkyway

Postby kate_turner2000 » Fri Apr 06, 2007 9:57 am

so true judy i was just thinking all those chocolate chips in the bun mmmmm anyway i have frozen the rest and might have one on sunday :) thanks girls :)
kate_turner2000

Postby milkyway » Sat Apr 07, 2007 5:19 pm

Only one more sleep ...
------------------------
GW 62kg
milkyway

PreviousNext

Return to Daily Weight loss Pledge