It is currently Sat Dec 03, 2016 9:18 am

Free Newsletter

April Pledge

What do you promise to do today to help lose weight?

Moderator: Moderators

Postby yummymummy » Fri Apr 13, 2007 1:03 pm

GOODLUCK with your exam babe! This is your final year right? so you will be out on the wards next year?any idea where you will be working?
Jody
Jody

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w3enhEK/]
[/url]
yummymummy

Postby Mandie » Fri Apr 13, 2007 8:59 pm

"Well" isnt the word... but I passed, and that's what counts! I never liked psychiatry much anyway...

Got my rural GP term next - I will be heading up to Dongara next weekend and I am hanging out there for 4 weeks (actually, coming back for a weekend in the middle for a concert) with the GP there, so that should be good!

Jody - not sure yet where I will end up working. Probably Charlie's or RPH... gonna have a chat to my intern friends and see who seems to be treated the best!
Mandie

Postby kate_turner2000 » Fri Apr 13, 2007 9:06 pm

hey mandie i am so proud of how well you are going with your work :) u inspire us all to strive towards our goals be it weightloss goals or personal :)
kate_turner2000

Postby Mandie » Sat Apr 14, 2007 3:44 am

thanks kate! :)

no star today either! i haven't actually slept in almost 41 hours (i know, im crazy, i dont sleep ever before exams and i havent had a chance for a nap today) so im not doing exercise, im going to collapse in bed!

going to physio tomorrow and gym after, so should get a star provided i dont drink too much tomorrow night - and as im driving, shouldnt be a problem!
Mandie

Postby kate_turner2000 » Sat Apr 14, 2007 9:22 am

hey mandie dont worry i know the feeling i havent had that much sleep over the past few days with heidi being sick. i miss sleep!! hehe

just take care of yourself you dont want to end up sick
kate_turner2000

Postby Ally » Sat Apr 14, 2007 9:28 am

Hey Mandie, rest easy mate...those exams will soon be over!!! :wink:
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wGLHYSm/]
[/url]
Ally

Postby milkyway » Sat Apr 14, 2007 8:58 pm

Jeez louise, when you said you didn't sleep before exams, you mean you didn't sleep! I was thinking of a night of fitful sleeping or just a few hours between cramming and exam-ing :shock:

Hope you have a great nap! Last time I had almost zero sleep after finishing an assignment at 3.30am I had to attend a 6 hour finance lecture and I swore I would never do that again. It was pure torture :P
Just keep moving! And don't be lazy...
------------------------
SW: 74.3kg - 1/1/09
CW: 71.1kg - 3/5/09
GW 62kg
milkyway

Postby Mandie » Mon Apr 16, 2007 10:16 am

*sigh* Okay, no stars since Thursday! Oops! My excuses are my exam and the lack of sleep leading up to it, and a really busy weekend where I was unable to catch up with the sleep really, so I was exhausted! Boo!

I've actually noticed something about myself (that I did already know) - if I KNOW I won't get a star (i.e. I know I won't get a chance to exercise), I tend to get a bit excited eating chocolate and things because I feel like it doesn't matter, because I'm not getting a star anyway, so I can just eat what I want... that's not good!

So I'm complicating my system a bit:
ONE FULL STAR is earned for a 1500cal balance AND at least 30 minutes of exercise in the day.
ONE HALF STAR is earned for a 1500cal balance OR at least 30 minutes of exercise in the day.
ONE QUARTER STAR is earned for under 2000cal balance and less than 30 minutes of exercise in the day.

Hopefully this will help keep me on track better. I know I have quite a full day today, and I don't have time for the gym... but I am hoping to do some exercise tonight anyway and get my star. But, this way, I still have the chance to get a half star... so that's a good incentive to keep my eating healthy!

**Oh, and when I'm in Dongara, I won't have access to CalorieKing, so I'm just going to have to guess at my calorie intake... I'm getting reasonable at guessing now from using the software so long, so I think I should be okay. I'll record my stars in my notebook and post updates when I get to a computer.
Mandie

Postby kate_turner2000 » Mon Apr 16, 2007 11:07 am

hi mandie

sometimes if we think we have indulged too much in one day we tend to say 'ah what the hell ill keep indulging' at least you have picked up on the fact that you tend to lean towards those types of foods when you know you wont be getting a star for whatever reason that day. it sounds like you have come up with a great plan to help keep you on track.

i can totally relate to you being busy and tired and therefore exercising has sorta gone on the backburner this past week. with heidi being sick i havent had nearly as much time or energy to be exercising. however there will be times like this throughout our lives so as long as we get back to it at the next available chance we are doing well i think!!
kate_turner2000

Postby Mandie » Wed Apr 18, 2007 1:20 am

a half star for yesterday and today, making one full star for the last two days.

both days has been for the exercise bit, not the eating!

on the bright side, i've officially finished the easter chocolate :oops: so there is NO MORE! and I have a few days off now until monday when i drive up to Dongara, so I will have a chance to go to the gym and stuff :D
Mandie

Postby kate_turner2000 » Wed Apr 18, 2007 8:47 am

enjoy your couple of days off mandie, glad that choccie is not gone mate. they will be out in the stores again in about 7-8 months :shock:
kate_turner2000

Postby Mandie » Thu Apr 19, 2007 1:31 pm

I don't even have an excuse for yesterday. *wrist slap*

I'm GOING to the gym today. I am! After lunch. I'm giving myself a time - 2pm.

At 2pm, I will go to the gym!

I WILL!

I'm so unmotivated on holidays.. :oops:

But today, I will go to the gym... at 2pm...
Mandie

Postby Mandie » Fri Apr 20, 2007 12:24 am

lol even though I was clearly uncertain in my last post, I DID go to the gym today, and ate under my limit, thus earning me a star, hooray!

I'm aiming to go tomorrow, saturday and sunday too, becuase after that I'll be in Dongara for a month and won't be able to go to the gym! Boo!
Mandie

Postby yummymummy » Fri Apr 20, 2007 1:46 am

good girl for going to the gym!!!! Have fun in Dongara!
Jody
Jody

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w3enhEK/]
[/url]
yummymummy

Postby KimE » Fri Apr 20, 2007 6:55 pm

Well done Mandie and you tiered star system just might be the ticket to keep you on track if something has slipped so you won't let it all go.
Kim - To thine own self be true
Maintainence since 04/11/06
Preferred Weight - Under 60 kgs
Current Weight - 64.8 kgs
Start Weight - 85 kgs
KimE

PreviousNext

Return to Daily Weight loss Pledge