It is currently Thu Dec 08, 2016 9:14 am

Free Newsletter

Abs

What do you promise to do today to help lose weight?

Moderator: Moderators

Abs

Postby SarahC » Mon Apr 16, 2007 5:10 pm

I bought a copy of the e-book "Firm and Flatten your Abs" by David Grisaffi a week or so ago, and I'm starting the program tonight! I have horribly weak abdominal muscles which makes my tummy poke out (yuck!) and I get back aches every so often. So, I think this will be just what I need :D

The first part of the program is daily ab excercises for at least two weeks. My pledge is to actually do the excercises every day, either at the gym in the morning or at home at night. I'll do that for two weeks and then assess if I'm ready to go on to the next level. Two weeks is a manageable timeframe to start off with.

For the next two weeks I'm also going to:
- keep writing my to-do-lists (and follow them!) to reduce my night time eating
- continue with my pledge not to eat at night after cleaning my teeth
- not sneak in little extras after dinner (I have developed a habit of nibbling on protein crunch, almonds, and if you can believe, bran plus right out of the packet, no milk nothing!!... the excuse being "I don't know how much I've had so I can't write it down in my food diary!" :shock: )

Let's see how this goes :D
SarahC

Postby kate_turner2000 » Mon Apr 16, 2007 5:13 pm

wow looking forward to hearing how it goes sarah - it sounds interesting :)
kate_turner2000

Postby SarahC » Sun Apr 22, 2007 11:43 am

The ab workouts have been going well. I only missed one day, so I'm determined to do two sessions today to make up for it. Just got to look around and try to find my motivation... I know I left it somewhere :?

I started off well on the eating/teeth cleaning pledge, but I've stuffed it up royally the last three nights :oops: Back to it today. I'm determined today is going to be a good day!
SarahC

Postby Justjudy » Sun Apr 22, 2007 11:46 am

Good to see that even though you slipped a little that you are keeping going. I have faith in you sarah, you are an inspiration to me.

Judy :D
Reach for the moon, at least you'll land among the stars.

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wFABM9h/]
[/url]
Justjudy

Postby Dee » Sun Apr 22, 2007 12:10 pm

Keep it up Sarah!

Hey your motivation is in amongst your healthy future and your happier self... check the back of your cupboard. :P
[url=http://www.phenforum.com/ticker/]
[/url]
Dee

Postby SarahC » Mon Apr 23, 2007 9:47 am

Thanks Dee and Judy :D

Yesterday went really well... until I woke up at about 11pm after having been asleep for less than half an hour, and the toaster seemed to just jump out of the cupboard and onto the bench!! Dammit!! Not too much damage done but annoying all the same. I have decided to go cold turkey and don't care if I starve! I'm not going to starve to death while I am sleeping anyway :roll:
SarahC

Postby Luna » Mon Apr 23, 2007 10:51 am

Glad to see you're going well with the exercise. As for the late night eating, *sigh* I can sympathise. :roll:

How do you find the book and the exercises? After my second baby I haven't really regained the ab muscles I would like to (he's nine now btw :oops: ). I have the same thing in that my stomach tends to stick out and I have decided to really start working on it now. I'm trying to hit the ab muscles from different angles by doing various different exercises but I haven't really seen any great results yet so I'm open to any ideas. Thanks :)
Luna

Postby SarahC » Mon Apr 23, 2007 11:47 am

Hi Luna! The website for the abs program is http://www.flattenyourabs.net . It's pretty good as you don't have to do any situps (which I can't do as I have bad neck muscles) and strengthens all your core muscles as well as the abs. I think it is recommended for ladies who have had babies as well :)

Only thing is that you need to be comfy ordering online and in US dollars, it's the only way to do it :( I did it and it worked out fine...
SarahC

Postby Luna » Mon Apr 23, 2007 12:02 pm

Thanks, I will check it out. :)
Luna

Return to Daily Weight loss Pledge