It is currently Sat Dec 03, 2016 3:40 pm

Free Newsletter

Brother-in-law's upcoming wedding

What do you promise to do today to help lose weight?

Moderator: Moderators

Brother-in-law's upcoming wedding

Postby Sassygirl » Wed Apr 18, 2007 8:37 pm

What with school holidays and Easter, I have been relatively bad with my eating (too much chocolate and other bad things!!). Anyway today I went back to TF (although I didn't weigh in this time) and got 2 weeks worth of shakes - sooooooo wish me luck. As of today there is only 16 weeks to the family wedding - and I don't want to be the fat other daughter-in-law - so as of tomorrow I am sticking to my weight loss pledge of losing between 10 - 15 kilos before the wedding.

So here are my pledges for tomorrow:

1. I will stick to my shakes
2. I will not eat junk food when I go to the movies tomorrow
3. I will EXERCISE for at least 30 - 45 mins a day on the treadmill.

The last family wedding I went to - I felt and looked horrendous. I would have been 80+ kilos that time and all I could end up finding to wear was a skirt and top from Katies. Even though I scrubbed up ok - I spent the whole day feeling awkward and uneasy as if everyone was looking at me (as if when there was a bride there to look at!!!). Anyway I vowed to lose some weight and I did - I got down to 69 kilos doing Jenny Craig. It felt awesome. Then my thyroid decided to act up and I managed to pile back on 8 kilos in a matter of months.

Sorry if this sounds like a life story but it did start out as a weight loss pledge. So now I have my thyroid in some sort of balance - it is onto getting my weight sorted out. So with pledges firmly put into place on this forum - I will keep you all posted of my daily success (or failures as I know I cannot be perfect every day!!).

Gees this is the most that I have every written - thanks for listening and please be ready with the boot to kick me in the backside when I fall off the wagon.
2008 - my year to be great!!

Sassygirl

Postby kate_turner2000 » Wed Apr 18, 2007 9:19 pm

hey michelle

sounds like the tf will give your weightloss a real kick start again and you will be looking fab at the upcoming wedding. with it getting cooler weather you dont have to dress in revealing sort of clothes so you can hide those lumps and bumps if you havent lost all the weight by then.

micks cousin got married in january 2005 and we went to the wedding. very la di da affair. and i thought i looked great! got a new top and everything for the special event. needless to say looking at the photos i looked like a one of the men out of little britain- overweight and looking like a drag queen!

i vowed that at my own wedding i was going to look like a stunning bride and if i am to attend other events like that i dont want to stand out for being a lard a$$ but want to fit in nicely :)

best wishes michelle and please keep us updated over the next fortnight
kate_turner2000

Postby Mandie » Wed Apr 18, 2007 10:34 pm

good luck! can't wait to see the pics! :D
Mandie

Return to Daily Weight loss Pledge